Classy Bar With Beautiful Women In Chalong

MrE

Chalong beer bars are inundated with washed Patong girs. Take a look at them in the daylight and see what you think.

I've not been in them, but quite frequently lunch at Kan Eang@pier (today for example). In the daylight, the bars along the pier road are full of sad looking females, just waiting for a shining knight to whisk them away to Rawai or Kata..........cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Chalong beer bars are inundated with washed Patong girs. Take a look at them in the daylight and see what you think.

I've not been in them, but quite frequently lunch at Kan Eang@pier (today for example). In the daylight, the bars along the pier road are full of sad looking females, just waiting for a shining knight to whisk them away to Rawai or Kata..........

You talk about non rip off social venues in your first post but then lose all credibility when you state you're a Kan eng regular.

Worst tourist trap restaurant on the island.

• Like 1

I've not been in them, but quite frequently lunch at Kan Eang@pier (today for example). In the daylight, the bars along the pier road are full of sad looking females, just waiting for a shining knight to whisk them away to Rawai or Kata..........

You talk about non rip off social venues in your first post but then lose all credibility when you state you're a Kan eng regular.

Disagree about Kan Eang@pier, but to each their own. Personally I find the quality of food, standard of service to be amongst the very best on the island. The prices are comparable to second rate Thai restaurants in the tourist areas. The wife took a few photos of todays lunch, and I've posted a receipt for a meal there a couple of weeks ago. Note that a small Singha is 80 baht, large one 130 baht:

post-62520-0-23167700-1362302631_thumb.j

post-62520-0-81177800-1362302648_thumb.j

post-62520-0-30895400-1362302673_thumb.j

post-62520-0-08798800-1362302703_thumb.j

post-62520-0-16240400-1362302948_thumb.j

post-62520-0-45712700-1362303368_thumb.j

post-62520-0-97901400-1362303390_thumb.j

post-62520-0-06621900-1362303417_thumb.j

Edited by pagallim

Disagree about Kan Eang@pier, but to each their own. Personally I find the quality of food, standard of service to be amongst the very best on the island. The prices are comparable to second rate Thai restaurants in the tourist areas. The wife took a few photos of todays lunch, and I've posted a receipt for a meal there a couple of weeks ago. Note that a small Singha is 80 baht, large one 130 baht:

Well, that grub looks exactly the same as here up north. Hardly Al A Carte is it. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Chalong has nothing classy.

....other than the multitude of discerning resident expats who don't need to impress the tourists or have their egos massaged through being reminded how 'hansum' they are. They mainly drive cars also, as parking doesn't pose the challenges of other areas (Kata, Karon and Patong for example). They also tend to have more financial reserves through having non rip off social venues...........biggrin.png

They have more financial reserves because they won't spend money on food. Balloon chasers all of them !! :-)

BTW I live in Rawai

Well, that grub looks exactly the same as here up north. Hardly Al A Carte is it. coffee1.gif

I've had some good meals all over the island, including the north. However, looking the same doesn't always equate to tasting the same. For quality, consistency, and reasonable prices, IMO Kan Eang@pier stands above all other Thai restaurants here. The only downside is having to drive past the 'sad' bars to get to it (biggrin.png ), and thinking of Tina Turner's 'Private Dancer'.......

I've not been in them, but quite frequently lunch at Kan Eang@pier (today for example). In the daylight, the bars along the pier road are full of sad looking females, just waiting for a shining knight to whisk them away to Rawai or Kata..........cheesy.gif

Forgot to include some samples of the typical 'shining knight'.......

Please leave Americans out of this. tongue.png

• Like 1

I've had some good meals all over the island, including the north. However, looking the same doesn't always equate to tasting the same. For quality, consistency, and reasonable prices, IMO Kan Eang@pier stands above all other Thai restaurants here. The only downside is having to drive past the 'sad' bars to get to it (biggrin.png ), and thinking of Tina Turner's 'Private Dancer'.......

I think transam is talking about up in the North of Thailand.

And that youtube video well sums up the 'sad' bars anywhere in Thailand.

But seriously, I remember this Vietnamese Dutch guy that swore by those pier road bars whenever his wife was out of town. I met one of his conquests, and I have to admit she was quite a looker. Not sure about class. (I do know that he had none though)

• Like 1

Wow, hate to say it but that seems pricey for a beer... Having never been to Phuket I have to ask, is that really the going rate for a beer in a restaurant.. OUCH...

That is pricey for a beer IMO. What kills me is the times you eat a nice Thai food meal, for maybe ฿150, and a Coke will cost you another ฿50. That's 33% of the total cost of your food!

Oh and just to stay on topic, I think one of the places I paid ฿50 a Coke may have been at one of those classy bars in Chalong... whistling.gif

I was just thinking the same ,looks like it's just been thrown on the plate and whats that rice dish supposed to be?And the big chunk of cabbage.I hope they washed it.

Nah, far from being thrown on a plate, the rice is a small seafood rice, and excellent it is too. You obviously don't eat out very much, as the side dishes of vegetables are very normal Thai. They usually eat them with some form of 'dipping' sauce. Keep in mind this was just a normal lunch we were having, nothing out of the ordinary. The fish is a fresh White Snapper, maybe thin on the ground in northern Thailand (fresh as in taken out of a tank just before preparing and cooking).

As LiK said, this is about Chalong bars, so if you want to research more about food and restaurants, take a journey through the 'Recommended Restaurants' thread.

I have known quite a few nice girls from Chalong some stunners some past their sell by date but always good fun not the.pain in the a-se type as you find in Pootong.

Strange how many of you slag the girls and the bars then go on on to say that you have never visited them.

"Cough" just drive through on my way to this or that.

Try the Golden bar Nan the owner is always good fun and The office.Give the beer garden place on the end a miss unless you want boring to death

Nah, far from being thrown on a plate, the rice is a small seafood rice, and excellent it is too. You obviously don't eat out very much, as the side dishes of vegetables are very normal Thai. They usually eat them with some form of 'dipping' sauce. Keep in mind this was just a normal lunch we were having, nothing out of the ordinary. The fish is a fresh White Snapper, maybe thin on the ground in northern Thailand (fresh as in taken out of a tank just before preparing and cooking).

As LiK said, this is about Chalong bars, so if you want to research more about food and restaurants, take a journey through the 'Recommended Restaurants' thread.

I eat out quite often and I was also a head chef for 30 years so that's why it's looks like has been thrown on the plate to me.Yes I know it is quite usual to have chunks of unwashed veg on the side.Just looks a bit out of place.And yes I know it's about bars It was you who started posting food photo's.

I do use the bars but obviously it's frowned upon by a lot of members on here.

^

I actually used to go to the old 'Office' occasionally to watch football (good because no one hassling you), and once tried the Beer Garden (same owner methinks) for their advertised fish and chips (don't bother). Don't think I'm really 'slagging off the girls' just an observation as a passer by who doesn't feel the need for a jovial 'companion' orientated experience. If you enjoy it, great, I'm sure they're always glad to see you and you walk out feeling ten feet tall.

Meanwhile, looking back, this is a post I made previously about Kan Eang@pier:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/188466-list-of-favourite-restaurants-in-phuket/page-20

Actually, the vegetables are well prepared, and one aspect of this place is that the kitchens are completely open for observation so you can see exactly the level of hygiene that's used.

Edited by pagallim