The Worst Curry I've Ever Had

teacherofwoe

I tried a curry from <removed> claiming to be authentic. It had both an <reference removed> pictured on the packaging although I'm not sure why; I have never had anything like this before in India, the U.K., Thailand or anywhere else on Earth. A curry smells like a curry. This didn't. A curry has thick sauce. This was watery and I mean watery. It was clear. I could see all of the four small pieces of meat, the three small cubes of potato, the chillies and the onions through the "sauce". A curry tastes like a curry. This tasted like someone got some chillies, onion and water, then added some meat and potato and then fried it. There was absolutely no curry in it! Words fail me on how to really describe how bad this was. Shocking, horrendous, diabolical and God awful just don't seem to do it justice. I could understand it if it were just a really bad Thai effort but I believe that the manufacturer is from the U.K. So, this was and is the first and last time I buy a product from <name removed> sick.gif

Edited by onthedarkside
names removed - name & shame not permitted

Sounds like a production issue more than anything else.

So the logical thing to do is contact the vendor, and let him deal with it.

Huffing and puffing on an online forum is not too productive.

Huffing and puffing or bringing awareness? I'll take your pearl of wisdom on board and contact XXXXXXX XXX for what it's worth and post their response.

Huffing and puffing or bringing awareness? I'll take your pearl of wisdom on board and contact XXXXXXX XXX for what it's worth and post their response.
Sounds like your on a bit of a Mission LOL why would you want to contact XXXXX and then post his response here SOUNDS FISHY LOL

Why not just contact them and NOT post there response here

Making your own is really rather easy! You can buy the sachets of pre mixed spices made I think by Sharwoods, a well respected curry company across the world for about 40 baht in Rimping, Tops etc then all you need is fresh meat/ water/ coconut milk etc, mix them up as per the instructions on the packet, and hey presto, you have a curry better than the pre prepared frozen ones being referred to in this thread!!

Its easy even for an old fool like me!!

Personally I prefer getting my curry's delivered from xxxxxxxxxx as mentioned in the op.

Saves a lot of bother and tastes better.

The price is about the same as well.

Each to their own thing though as some prefer to cook.

It could indeed be a production problem. I have known of cases in the States where that has happened and the people reporting it or complaining about it received a case of the product. Yes let us know.

Mods would he be allowed to post the reply along with the company name?

To be honest it shouldn't be a burning issue of who made the product at this point. If the curry was really as bad as described, the OP should have reported it to the retailer or the manufacturer if they are local - it's clearly a major QC glitch that let a faulty item slip through the net and they should be pleased to have it drawn to their attention. Heck, even major corporations with legions of QC and process control staff make the occasional mistake.

The reaction of both shop and manufacturer might make a worthwhile post in this land of too-often-indifferent customer service but as it is the future of this thread looks depressing.

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1

Mods would he be allowed to post the reply along with the company name?

Bad batch, store left it out too long and unfroze, any number of possible reasons other than a regular production issue.

If the OP has actually contacted the company with his concerns, which would be the appropriate approach, then its up to the company and no one else to report the result of the discussion here.

• Like 1

Making your own is really rather easy! You can buy the sachets of pre mixed spices made I think by Sharwoods, a well respected curry company across the world for about 40 baht in Rimping, Tops etc then all you need is fresh meat/ water/ coconut milk etc, mix them up as per the instructions on the packet, and hey presto, you have a curry better than the pre prepared frozen ones being referred to in this thread!!

Its easy even for an old fool like me!!

Correct, and if you fail you can't blame anyone but yourself. tongue.png

who made the offending curry ,well there is only 2 to pick from that manufacture frozen curries ,

If you are not happy with either just make your own,plenty Pataks curry pastes in Tops @ bht119

per jar, makes at least 6 meals,cook with whatever ingredients you prefer, its not rocket science,

and at least you know what is going into it

regards Worgeordie

By strange coincidence I had a curry tonight from whom I presume was the same source, pardon the pun, as yours. I was really underwhelmed and I suppose, as has been suggested, that it was just a bad batch.

Yes, I usually make my own but it was on special and I thought I'd give it a go. My mistake.

If,I am understanding the posts by the moderators correctly under NO circumstance can any person,or

Trader be named in either a post or atopic reply.

If so ,how can members pass on information to other members of good or bad experiences ?

Edited by gennisis
  • Like 1

If,I am understanding the posts by the moderators correctly under NO circumstance can any person,or

Trader be named in either a post or atopic reply.

If so ,how can members pass on information to other members of good or bad experiences ?

No problem with good experience reports. Major problem when members go out of their way to slag off a business.

Words fail me on how to really describe how bad this was.

It would've been quite easy to change that to "The Worst Curry I've Never Had" by pouring it straight into the bog instead of passing it through your innards. bah.gif

• Like 1

I sent an e-mail to the company in question. They replied by stating that they've not had a complaint in six years. I've only heard of them for about a year through advertisements on this site. They suggested that I bought a curry from one of their competitors and I had made a mistake. I sent them a reply that I am certain that the curry I purchased was theirs and reiterated to them why I am dissatisfied. I am still awaiting their response.

• Like 1

About 3 months ago I bought a Curry from XXXXXXX in Rimping, Kad Farang. Honestly it was my first microwave meal for 13 years. It was absolutely delicious. I have now been through their whole range of products and I must say, even the "watery" curry is fantastic. I am not in any way connected to the XXXXXX company nor have I ever met the owner('s).

Great food. licklips.gif

E.

Making curry is so easy, simply say, honey I'd like some curry this evening. Then two things could occur. 1, the lovely wife will agree and you'll have great curry for that evenings meal. 2, lovely wife will say I'm tired lets go to the restaurant that sells good curry. Either one is acceptable and tasty.

I sent an e-mail to the company in question. They replied by stating that they've not had a complaint in six years. I've only heard of them for about a year through advertisements on this site. They suggested that I bought a curry from one of their competitors and I had made a mistake. I sent them a reply that I am certain that the curry I purchased was theirs and reiterated to them why I am dissatisfied. I am still awaiting their response.

Based on how busy the said companies business is and expanding all the time, I would tend to agree with them and the fact they are expanding like crazy would indicate the vast majority of customers love their products, and if it were my business i would just put you down as you cant please everyone, and while 90 people might LOVE your products there will always be those that do not like the product or have alterior motives to put a successful company down.

90 out of 100 satisfied customers is pretty great 100% would be better but not realistic.

If you don't like their curry you don't have to buy it again smile.png

I love their food by the way curries included.

DK

Edited by DiamondKing