Thai Pm Says She Sometimes Thinks Like Her Brother

Lite Beer

Thai PM says she 'sometimes' thinks like her brother

STOCKHOLM, March 04, 2013 (AFP) - Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday during a visit to Stockholm that she "sometimes" thinks like her brother, the controversial and exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

"We've grown up together, so sometimes we think the same," Yingluck told reporters when asked about repeated allegations that she is merely holding down the fort until her brother, who was ousted in a 2006 coup, can return.

"But it doesn't mean when you think the same that you'll be under the shadow of him.

Because if I'd be in the shadow of my brother ... I don't think we (could) gain more (of the) popular vote in Thailand," she added.

During her visit to Sweden, a country home to 30,000 Thais, Yingluck signed several cooperation agreements before flying on to Brussels.

She became Thailand's first woman to head a government in July 2011. Thailand is riven by political divisions between Thaksin's supporters and opponents, sometimes resulting in violent clashes.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-03-04

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless.

If she wasn't under her brother's wing she wouldn't be PM in the first place.

That makes sense, HOWEVER, I for one have never been able to tell any woman what to do and she indeed is a woman.

Strictly speaking the PM doesn't seem to have denied when asked about repeated allegations that she is merely holding down the fort until her brother can return.

The answers seem a bit wishy-washy leaving it to the listener to interpret what she actually meant. Mind you, that's in line with previous answers and with her brother saying "Who am I to do such"

• Like 1

"But it doesn't mean when you think the same that you'll be under the shadow of him.

Because if I'd be in the shadow of my brother ... I don't think we (could) gain more (of the) popular vote in Thailand," she added.

The same hollow rhetoric she feebly attempted to use to counter interviews when asked about the clone moniker her brother bestowed upon her at the beginning of her political "career".

A year and a half later, she's supplanted "shadow" for "clone" with equal non-plausibility.

Here is a link from the press conferense. In english, I think:giggle:

http://www.regeringen.se/sb/d/3209/a/210280

Thank you for the link.

Always revealing to hear her prattle on in the unscripted portion of a press conference doing Q & A. Too bad this time it was so brief, but, still it was interesting that hear Yingluck is seemingly unaware that her election was NOT the first time they won the majority of the seats in Parliament. blink.png

Also revealing was that the questions put to her in English had to be translated to her in Thai.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Here is a link from the press conferense. In english, I think:giggle:

http://www.regeringen.se/sb/d/3209/a/210280

Thank you for the link.

Always revealing to hear her prattle on in the unscripted portion of a press conference doing Q & A. Too bad this time it was so brief, but, still it was interesting that hear Yingluck is seemingly unaware that her election was NOT the first time they won the majority of the seats in Parliament. blink.png

Also revealing was that the questions put to her in English had to be translated to her in Thai.

Why is it so strange that questions put to her in English had to be translated to her in Thai? Do you think that if questions put to Barack Obama, David Cameron etc in Thai would not be translated into English? I have come to the conclusion that the Thai news agencies probably have an editorial meeting every day when they discuss which headline they can come up with which will have the Thaivisa experts competing with each other to see who can make the biggest fool of themselves commenting on things they know nothing about and have no control over. Oh how they must laugh! I know i do!

• Like 2

Thai news agencies probably have an editorial meeting every day when they discuss which headline they can come up with which will have the Thaivisa experts competing with each other to see who can make the biggest fool of themselves

You started without us.

Well done you..... do you like colouring in, I know, it's hard work isn't it with so many distractions, like life.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

I think I spewed a bit of coffee out my nose while watching her press conference in Sweden. With a fairly straight face she actually compared the good governance of Sweden with the good governance of Thailand....

At one level I almost feel sorry for her. Nothing more than a mouthpiece for skype commands from Thaksin, and at the same time have to deal with tthe wannbe PM in the form of Chalerm. I truly look forward to the day when Thailand has a national government without Thaksin's hand in it.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

No she does not think, she is a mouthpiece for her brother and he puts the 'thoughts' into her head. She is delusional and has been for a long time since she started this charade 'thinking' she is a Prime Minister. Nice enough person I am sure, but way out of her depth and possibly now believing she actually is ruling Thailand. Sad...

• Like 2

And when she does not, he the brother tells her what to think.

PS. Is there any evidence that she can think at all? Considering this statement it's more unlikely

Tons of evidence. It takes a lot of thinking to decide on what clothing to buy and what clothing to wear for different photo ops.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

Just watched the press conference and the questions, I thought she handled it pretty well and the only Q she did not fully understand she stated she did not understand. Once one of her cabinet gave the Q to her in Thai, she answered correctly.

My opinion was that the whole interview was handled correctly and i saw no problems with her answers. Unlike some here that speak perfect Thai and even have trouble speaking their own language what ever that may be. Good job Yingluck.

Just for anyones information knowing you'd really want me to say this :-)

IMHO the command of the English language by our real PM Ms. Yingluck seems to have improved a wee bit. Obviously she's always too busy to really spent much time on improving her fluency. Still, may it be that she has hired on of our local resident native English speaking teachers ? Those chaps who have no qualms telling her "now listen carefully and then try to say the same"

I have this vision of Brian being told by a centurion how to correctly write "Romani ite Domum"

• Like 1

I wonder if the Swedes were waiting for her to try and trade chickens for air planes like her brother.giggle.gif

That was the Russian guy who exploded and told it is not possible to buy the airplanes with low quality frozen chicken and demand the "cash-back" in US Dollar.

I was reading an article this week on an experiment where 2 rats, thousands of miles apart, had micro impants placed in their brains. One rat had learned how to operate a coloured button for food and managed to transfer that knowledge to the other over the network. Skype for rats was my initial thought.

I was reading an article this week on an experiment where 2 rats, thousands of miles apart, had micro impants placed in their brains. One rat had learned how to operate a coloured button for food and managed to transfer that knowledge to the other over the network. Skype for rats was my initial thought.

Does that mean your brother or sister think like you.