My Language School Is Not Giving Me Enough Hrs To Complete 1Yr

I am currently enrolled in a language school for 1yr. It is coming close to me to choose a 2nd yr for intermediate classes. Next week I will be going to immigration for my 3rd 90 day extension. The only problem is my school has only provided me 1/2 of the hours needed to complete my 200 hrs.

I paid for the regular package which they choose my hours. I went to the school and asked how I can complete the other 1/2 of my hours in 90 days when it took 9 months to complete my 1st half. As of now with my new schedule I will only complete 3/4 of the school by the time my 1 year is up. They answered I can enroll in a second yr and pay for the premium so I can choose more hours to complete the classes. I said why would I pay you more when you provided me with less?

I need to find a new school who can help me with a 2nd yr of education and help me with paper work to change schools. I dont know how to change schools when the Ministry of Education's paper work shows me enrolled with one school. Plus being that I can not complete the hrs makes me not at the level to continue for intermediate Thai.

The school Im enrolled in now can not complete my full hours to make 200 hrs.

I dont want to enroll with them again...

I want to enroll with another school and continue my education under my Visa that I have now.

Can the other school help me with paper work to the Ministry of Education to continue studies with another school with out leaving the country to see a Thai embassy?

All my stamps are in order and I have been doing the immigration extensions for my Ed-visa. Is there any special requirements I have to do to transfer schools before my 1yr is up?

What should I do? Or what can I do?

I truly must be the first student that this school has seen that really wants to learn Thai. And not just there for a Visa?

Its frustrating when asking them questions and they give the famous Thai smile with no answers....

if you have an extension from Immigration then you do not have a Visa, also it ends when you leave the school you are attending.

I have to go for 90 day extensions. How does that take away my Visa?

Your visa was for one entry of 90 days - it was used on the day you arrived. Since then you have been extending every 90 days with payment of 1,900 baht to immigration from our reading of your posts and that extension will end on the day your reason for it ends.

I thought under the Ministry of Education rules they had to supply you with 4 hours of teaching per week.

Maybe McWalen would know the rules.

Thats what I thought too... for my 2nd quarter of study they only provided me with 3 hrs a week. Thats when I started asking the school how they can do???

I truly believe the school had no entension to complete 1yr.

Its no problem to change schhol.your visa is still ok but dont have any gap in days.You official stop one day end next day you start new one.I did this,moved from Phuket,get paper work from old school that I hade done my first year.You dont loose your visa,at least I did not.I can recommend CTLS School,very good about paperwork and help you with all you need.Sure others can do too,only my experience from them in my case whas great

I looked at the web site of TLS/CTLS I liked what the school has to offer but they are far from convenience of the BTS, which I find very helpful living in BKK.

Im just trying to figure out if I can change to a new school. Because my current school is not going to provide me enough time to complete my studies in the given yr.

And how I can change/start a new year with a new school, when I can not complete my first year with the current school?

So 1: I am living in Thailand and came here with a ED-Visa to go to school.

2: I have attended classes at the school has provided, which equal to not enough time to complete in 1yr, (their fault, not mine!)

3: I have done my 90 day extensions. A total of 3 extensions=9 months being here.

4: In 90 days It will be 1 year for me living in Thailand.

5: I should request for additional 1r of study approximately 30-60 days before my 1 yr is up for Ministry of Education to process my papers and I believe

a interview also.

I have to choose for additional yr of study before my my yr is up.

Can another school enroll me before my yr is up so in the ministry of education's eyes I have not stopped studies but have changed schools to continue studies, because the original school will not fulfill my 200 hrs in the 1yr given.

My personal experience with Pro Language is: They handled all paperwork expertly when I obtained the original ED Visa at Vientiane. They handled all paperwork expertly when I went for one 1,900 baht 90 extention at CM immigration, followed by one 1,900 baht 185 day extention to complete one year from the date of arrival. Total hours for this basic course was 180 hours which is the minimum required by MOE to be taken over a one year period. The number of hours per week is irrelevant. I completed my 180 hours in 9 months. Schools such as Pro Language and Walen will help you transfer to one of their schools. They both have 4 locations around Thailand. No, I am not affilitated with any of them. It's just those two are well know for handling all paperwork and glitches very well. Go talk to both, try a sample class and have fun.

• Like 1

My personal experience with Pro Language is: They handled all paperwork expertly when I obtained the original ED Visa at Vientiane. They handled all paperwork expertly when I went for one 1,900 baht 90 extention at CM immigration, followed by one 1,900 baht 185 day extention to complete one year from the date of arrival. Total hours for this basic course was 180 hours which is the minimum required by MOE to be taken over a one year period. The number of hours per week is irrelevant. I completed my 180 hours in 9 months. Schools such as Pro Language and Walen will help you transfer to one of their schools. They both have 4 locations around Thailand. No, I am not affilitated with any of them. It's just those two are well know for handling all paperwork and glitches very well. Go talk to both, try a sample class and have fun.

Thank you for your strait awnser. and yes I will check them out.

Its no problem to change schhol.your visa is still ok but dont have any gap in days.You official stop one day end next day you start new one.I did this,moved from Phuket,get paper work from old school that I hade done my first year.You dont loose your visa,at least I did not.I can recommend CTLS School,very good about paperwork and help you with all you need.Sure others can do too,only my experience from them in my case whas great

you are talking about a visa, the OP has an extension, two different things.

Unfortunately there are some schools that refuses to assist to leave them

I can see that as a problem... I can only hope that is not the case...

I did find a school that offers the changing of schools. But like you said the original school has to give me papers stating that I will no longer be studing with them.

This is what the new school requires from them:

**If students come from another school please prepare documents as follows;

1. Reference letter from last school.

2. Resignation letter from last school

3. If your visa expired before Thai course finished, you have to ask the documents from last school to extension at immigration.

you are talking about a visa, the OP has an extension, two different things.

Actualy he has helped me with my question.

As far as my understanding goes to simplify the defenition of "Visa" and change it to my original question. (I entered into Thailand on a ed-visa, when I start studies in Thailand I become a "student" so you enter Thailand with a Ed-visa and when you start your Ed. you become a student..) So I was asking before 1yr has come up can I change schools with out leaving the country to start a new Ed-visa process.

The ED visa entry allows 90 day stay - to stay longer requires another visa entry of 90 days or extensions of stay from immigration. It is not a "one year" visa. You obtain extensions of stay for study and that can be for many years if course is so accredited. As has been stated change of school can be done in some cases - in others a new visa entry would be required to start the process again.