Girlfriend Trying To Take My Passport/work Permit

Pineapplesamui

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this confirms what I've been told since I first started reading Thai-based forums - never tell them where you live. wink.png

Noooooooo, where you important stuff is. biggrin.png

Yeah because now you're in jeopardy of getting it cut off. biggrin.png

All of this confirms what I've been told since I first started reading Thai-based forums - never tell them where you live. wink.png

this is perhaps excessive, but i have never understood why so many move a woman in after a brief relationship of a couple of weeks or even a couple of shags.

logic would dictate that your home is where you keep your valuables, logic would also dictate that you take some time establishing an actual relationship.

people ask "why would you allow her access to your documents?", when i believe a more appropriate question is why would you allow unfettered access to your home.

I have never felt the need to move a woman in beyond the one who bore my child, but then i have never felt the need to engage in an imaginary relationship with someone who was not my peer: educated, employed, and independent among other things

Spot on.

It really is comical how many guys move a girl in after the briefest of liaisons as if great sex were some kind of proof of good character.

The girl in the OP shouldn't even have had knowledge of where such important documents were kept.

I don't think any of my giks have even seen my keys let alone touched them. Those street locksmiths can make copies in less than 5 minutes.

If one of the first things a woman asks when you invite her back to your apartment is "how much do you pay to live here?", it's not a good sign. Of course, she may just be trying to get a feel for your salary/disposable income but I always say more than X and less than Y making sure there's a good 40K difference between both values.

• Like 1

It really is comical how many guys move a girl in after the briefest of liaisons as if great sex were some kind of proof of good character.

The girl in the OP shouldn't even have had knowledge of where such important documents were kept.

Steady on HS, not all of us are pussy magnets like you, us normal guys have to cut a few corners now and again.

@OP

She can also sell your car or m/c using passport/wp copies and a forged signature.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Steady on HS, not all of us are pussy magnets like you, us normal guys have to cut a few corners now and again.

@OP

She can also sell your car or m/c using passport/wp copies and a forged signature.

LOL, I'm no pussy magnet, Tommo. Just a regular fella hardwired to thinking with his brain rather than his johnson.

Five rather "active" years here so far (not long, I know) and no drama like the OP's suggests my approach works well . . . for me at any rate.

If OP doesn't find himself in shit, he might want to invest in a couple of IP cameras. They're cheap enough and you can set them up to email or SMS your smartphone if you if they detect movement when you're out. You can even log on and keep an eye on anyone you've been daft enough to leave alone in your apartment

Wow,

should I be worried about the hundreds or maybe even thousands of copies of my passport that are floating around?

Immigration, True Visions, CAT internet, Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank and nearly all the hotels or rooms that I have ever stayed in have all taken copies of my passport. Probably plenty more that I can't remember.

Can anybody really do anything with a copy of your passport? Considering that nearly all of us will have had our passports copied many many times.

If ALL stuff is present, who knows what might happen. coffee1.gif

As l have said before, I know stuff has been done, hmmmmm, is the word corruption in ANY institution possible, YES, Money fixes anything her. sad.png

Kuhn Loong at #38 above is probably right about the many passport copies that have been made of all our passports. Those copies were all made, however, with specific and reasonable intentions, which, if it is described accurately at post #1, was not the case here.

Get a bank box, leave your passport in it.

WP you have to keep at your place of work, or with you ..... no options there.

Move house, don't leave a forwarding address, don't give former gf your new address.

I'm guessing he paid for the i-phone so no need to replace.

If you really must see her again, use a short-time hotel.

Like previous posters suggested, preggers, theft from your bank account or loan in your name.

I agree with almost all of what you have said, with a couple changes.

I would file a report that my passport was stolen and get a new one. That way you reduce the chance of her putting a loan in his name.

Change back accounts, and banks, yesterday!

Don't buy the replacement phone, f_uck the bitch!

Don't see her in any short-time hotel or any other place, unless you want a rape charge. She's heated over the phone already.

Move, don't tell anyone where you went, and keep a camera ready if she shows up at work. This feline is mental....

• Like 1

Get a bank box, leave your passport in it.

WP you have to keep at your place of work, or with you ..... no options there.

Move house, don't leave a forwarding address, don't give former gf your new address.

I'm guessing he paid for the i-phone so no need to replace.

If you really must see her again, use a short-time hotel.

Like previous posters suggested, preggers, theft from your bank account or loan in your name.

I agree with almost all of what you have said, with a couple changes.

I would file a report that my passport was stolen and get a new one. That way you reduce the chance of her putting a loan in his name.

Change back accounts, and banks, yesterday!

Don't buy the replacement phone, f_uck the bitch!

Don't see her in any short-time hotel or any other place, unless you want a rape charge. She's heated over the phone already.

Move, don't tell anyone where you went, and keep a camera ready if she shows up at work. This feline is mental....

Don't see help a new passport would help, bank and loans people wouldn't check with anyone.

As long as the old passport had not expired, they would take it as good.

Never been in any bank where they compared my account opening passport photocopy, with a photocopy for any new transaction.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Noooooooo, where you important stuff is. biggrin.png

One psycho camped outside your apartment will change that 'important stuff' mantra. I tend to place more value on my genitals and internal organs than my passport - ymmv.

• Like 1

This is worrying...

I would also be concerned about the Copies of the passport which she still has in a cyberspace inbox somewhere..

I agree. Sounds like fraud to me. I cant think of any reason why she would need these things and then when confronted with it, she storms off. Quite suspicious.

OP if your concerned, then listen to your gut instinct on this one.

ps, make sure you keep us informed please. Id like to hear the outcome of your investigation.

Pretty pointless smashing up the phone, surely? Better to have taken out the simcard, which, incidentally is now where?.....

And the memory card where the photos might have been stored. Both can be used in any phone to retrieve the data.

This is worrying...

I would also be concerned about the Copies of the passport which she still has in a cyberspace inbox somewhere..

Or on the memory card or still in the phones memory. Difficult little blighters to destroy, takes more than just smashing the phone........wink.png

Ooops, sorry PD, beat me to it!

Edited by chrisinth

I would be concerned if it was me.

You could own a motorbike, new car, condo and have 5 new credit cards as well as Premium UBC and a new AIS International phone number.

She can also sign up for a lot of stuff using your passport copy, copy of your lease, utility bill, work permit and a forged signature.

...or she was just making sure she had a bargaining chip or her insurance policy for when you kick her to the curb.

The smashed iPhone thing was awesome. Wish I'd seen it.

• Like 1

Identity theft.

People use bank statements, utility bills and other such documentation for purposes of identity theft. They steal them from dustbins and other places to get credit, loans and for other purposes. That is why many of us back home shred such documents before throwing them out.

Print out those passport photos, use a current utility bill, a forged signiature and you have a good start for various nefarious purposes. Add to that the corruption here and she has a head start.

I have no idea for what purpose legitimate or otherwise the ex-GF might have had for making copies of the passport but, according to the OP, that is exactly what she deliberately did. IMHO and probably for his embassy, the passport has been compromised. I would tell them exactly what happened and see what they suggest which I believe would be a replacement.

Reporting it as stolen at least to the US Embassy would be filing a false report which is a felony. Also, a cancelled US passport is valuable as proof of US citizenship in case the new passport is ever really lost or stolen.

The thread raises an interesting question though.

Could a Thai walk into a bank with a foreigners passport and get a loan based on that document?

My guess is no, they couldn't.

So not much to worry about here.

I got a credit card I never applied for. Rejected it.

The thread raises an interesting question though.

Could a Thai walk into a bank with a foreigners passport and get a loan based on that document?

My guess is no, they couldn't.

So not much to worry about here.

cheesy.gif . if you know someone, anything is possible. Believe me. whistling.gif

This is worrying...

Or on the memory card or still in the phones memory. Difficult little blighters to destroy, takes more than just smashing the phone........wink.png

and cut off her head and hands so she is unable to access the mail account from another computer

This is worrying...

and cut off her head and hands so she is unable to access the mail account from another computer

Noooooo probs, the boyfriend will do that stuff. coffee1.gif