Girlfriend Trying To Take My Passport/work Permit

Pineapplesamui

The thread raises an interesting question though.

Could a Thai walk into a bank with a foreigners passport and get a loan based on that document?

My guess is no, they couldn't.

So not much to worry about here.

cheesy.gif . if you know someone, anything is possible. Believe me. whistling.gif

What's with the the little smily faces Transam?

Words not good enough for you?

And yes, I've been in situations.

Basically, as I said before, early in the thread, if the OP goes to the police station and files a report against the GF then any activity using his identity will be be compromised.

It's a no-brainer. Make the police report and get it on record.

Easy.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could a Thai walk into a bank with a foreigners passport and get a loan based on that document?

cheesy.gif . if you know someone, anything is possible. Believe me. whistling.gif

Basically, as I said before, early in the thread, if the OP goes to the police station and files a report against the GF then any activity using his identity will be be compromised.

Easy.

How long have you been here ?

OK, have you ever had a problem?

Do you know anyone that had a problem and how they got out of it ?

• Like 1

Easy.

How long have you been here ?

OK, have you ever had a problem?

Do you know anyone that had a problem and how they got out of it ?

Thirteen years. Man and boy.

Published seven books about Thailand

Married. Got divorced. Won custody of my kids in a Thai court.

Have helped many people out of many problems.

Worked here all my adult life.

Am I qualified yet?

The OP reports the incident to the police.

Cuts contact with the GF.

Problem solved.

Kow jai mai?

• Like 1

Most of the shop owners check the signature from the credit card after the payment and not before!

Does visa have a possibility , to chancel payment when signature is not same when allready done?

Some hackers say, a hotmail acount can be hacked within 10 minutes, to delete data!

But when you go to a bank with a copy passboard picture, she can do nothing with it!

-Pineapplesamui-

"Then she asked for her iPhone back I did however lose my temper and smash it into little pieces all over the road."

An expensive style you have.

Unlike a bunch of people here, I do not think, that some copies of your Passport and work permit bring you "easy" in deep shit!

So, I do not know what the whole eruption of allegations is about.

Motorbike rent, security, could be.

A Falang with work permit renting a motorbike, is more trustworthy as a young Thai who usually has nothing!

coffee1.gif

Hard to believe the OP is actually asking what he should do about this scheming lunatic,nowadays when I'm back in the UK and people try to tell me about Thai girls being exploited I begin to laugh uncontrollably,to the point where people start to stare!

You tell people you were in Thailand?

• Like 1

Thirteen years. Man and boy.

Published seven books about Thailand

Married. Got divorced. Won custody of my kids in a Thai court.

Have helped many people out of many problems.

Worked here all my adult life.

Am I qualified yet?

The OP reports the incident to the police.

Cuts contact with the GF.

Problem solved.

Kow jai mai?

Are you former special forces too? I think I met you at a bar one time

Excuse me. No special forces here. Just responding to the normal Thaivisa 'how long have you been here' BS that I've heard since as long as I can remember. Offer practical advice and all you get is seething cynical responses. Then again, I wouldn't visit the forum if it didn't...

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Thanks for all the input guys looks like I got home just in time. She didn't have time to go anywhere to do whatever she was planning to do and when I confronted her about it all she could say was I don't know.

After I'd chased her and taken the bag with my passport in it from her.

I had the iPhone in my possession for a while because while I was looking for my work permit, which was not in the bag she but i later found it hidden inside the house so while doing so I had locked her outside the house and I checked the phone.

She had sent copies of the pictures to two separate e-mail accounts and I deleted both the sent and received photos of both accounts I deleted all pictures as well.

Didn't seem to be anything else that could do me harm on the phone and I was originally planning to give it back to her but she really pissed me off. I smashed the phone on the road then threw it straight into the ocean.

My main concerns have been answered.

And don't worry I'm not planning on letting her back in my house at all its definitely finished.

Not that you need to know but his girl wasn't a bar girl or anything like that and just like in any country we met and dated for about 3-4months before it got serious and I realised she was pretty much at my house most nights anyway so I let her move in and we've been together nearly a year with little to no problems.

I didn't give her loads of money but i payed the rent and bought the food and whatever we needed the occasional thousand baht here or there if she wanted something and sent 10000 to her mum one time but to be honest she seemed pretty genuine. Obviously not.

She's gone now tho I just hope that there's nothing that can come back to bite me on the arse.

She's still got most of her stuff here by the way not too much but some valuables it all happened pretty fast so she didn't really get time to pack was thinking I'd pack it up an leave it somewhere for her to get not that she has a phone i can contact her on or should I jut throw it all in the bin? Can I get in trouble for that?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Well, my mate got done for a few million when his gf got his info. She had help from a friend in a certain major bank here. It was documented on Thai Visa approx 5 years ago. He got the money back finally and the culprits got a typical thai sentence.

If you are residing in Samui(the island run by mafia) as your username suggests my advice would be to move as is possible her boyfriend might do something, there is no way this girl is acting alone....they haven't got the brain power for that.

Her possessions I personally would box up and keep hold of to give to her, you've already smashed a phone and probably the best advice is to make some kind of report to the police station so it is on record because if she goes there first and tells them tales then thats when you got to prove yourself innocent, what if someone beats her up cos she got caught and then out of spite she says you did it?

Yes it is paranoid but I am a former guest of the soi 9 pattaya police station because somebody made up stuff about me and I didn't cover myself and that cost me quite a bit once the crocodiles were involved.

Edited by norrona

Pineapplesamui

Posted Today, 12:39

"She claimed that he was using them to give to the lady she had rented the motorbike from but I don't believe this story."

Let us clarify that first, before the young woman, how young?,

I think young when you are only 25 young, is accused of trying to pull off, a "serious capital crime"

Do you know, that she had a problem to rent a Motorbike in her name?

That she tried to do so?

Did you know, that she would try to rent a Motorbike in your name?

Would you have agreed to that possibility, she rents a motorbike and official you are the person that is responsible in the contract?

If not its a possibility, that she tried it differently, also it would not be fair to you!

Why you do not believe that easy version of events? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Get a bank box, leave your passport in it.

WP you have to keep at your place of work, or with you ..... no options there.

Move house, don't leave a forwarding address, don't give former gf your new address.

I'm guessing he paid for the i-phone so no need to replace.

If you really must see her again, use a short-time hotel.

Like previous posters suggested, preggers, theft from your bank account or loan in your name.

I agree with almost all of what you have said, with a couple changes.

I would file a report that my passport was stolen and get a new one. That way you reduce the chance of her putting a loan in his name.

Change back accounts, and banks, yesterday!

Don't buy the replacement phone, f_uck the bitch!

Don't see her in any short-time hotel or any other place, unless you want a rape charge. She's heated over the phone already.

Move, don't tell anyone where you went, and keep a camera ready if she shows up at work. This feline is mental....

And I add to this good advice OP ... change your phone number so she can't call you...

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 1

Pineapplesamui

"She claimed that he was using them to give to the lady she had rented the motorbike from but I don't believe this story."

I think young when you are only 25 young, is accused of trying to pull off, a "serious capital crime"

That she tried to do so?

Would you have agreed to that possibility, she rents a motorbike and official you are the person that is responsible in the contract?

If not its a possibility, that she tried it differently, also it would not be fair to you!

ok Alfredo

regardless of whether she was really going to rent a bike in his or her name and whether or not he was in agreement...

she still acted sneaky and got caught, had she have got away with just renting a bike who knows what she thought she could get away with....

but if you are free and easy with your personal documents with your horizontal companions then I wish you luck wai.gif

Most of the shop owners check the signature from the credit card after the payment and not before! Does visa have a possibility , to chancel payment when signature is not same when allready done? Some hackers say, a hotmail acount can be hacked within 10 minutes, to delete data! But when you go to a bank with a copy passboard picture, she can do nothing with it!

Hotmail is 5 minutes...

.... She had sent copies of the pictures to two separate e-mail accounts and I deleted both the sent and received photos of both accounts I deleted all pictures as well.

Didn't seem to be anything else that could do me harm on the phone and I was originally planning to give it back to her but she really pissed me off. I smashed the phone on the road then threw it straight into the ocean.....

The OP has access to her email accounts? Sounds a tad controlling to me. Maybe that was an issue that got lost in translation.

Regarding her stuff, why keep it? She has caused you grief and the, 'I want my CD's back' route to getting back together has been done to death. If you have concerns about being accused of theft of her stuff, stick it all in a suitcase with her name and phone number on it and hand it over the the police when you file your complaint.

.... She had sent copies of the pictures to two separate e-mail accounts and I deleted both the sent and received photos of both accounts I deleted all pictures as well.

Didn't seem to be anything else that could do me harm on the phone and I was originally planning to give it back to her but she really pissed me off. I smashed the phone on the road then threw it straight into the ocean.....

The OP has access to her email accounts? Sounds a tad controlling to me. Maybe that was an issue that got lost in translation.

Regarding her stuff, why keep it? She has caused you grief and the, 'I want my CD's back' route to getting back together has been done to death. If you have concerns about being accused of theft of her stuff, stick it all in a suitcase with her name and phone number on it and hand it over the the police when you file your complaint.

He had her phone all he had to do was open the email function.

• Like 1

Pineapplesamui

That she tried to do so?

coffee1.gif

Is there a big age difference between the OP and his beloved girlfriend?

Why would she be so determined to have copies of the OPs personal documents? And what is the point of going to the police over this matter? As no crime has been committed as yet and I doubt the police would be interested. Just wasting their time as this incident must be considered as a domestic dispute.

The OP knows or should know this woman better than anyone else. His options are to either get rid of her and the problem or keep the relationship going. All sounds so weird to me.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Pineapplesamui

That she tried to do so?

Why you do not believe that easy version of events?

It is possible but I had previously given her a photocopy of my passport with large writing across it saying for motorbike rental only in Thai and English.

If she hadn't tried to run away when I asked for my passport back I probably would have believed her too.

But she ran and that is what lead to me thinking she is guilty.

Also some questions about age I am 25 and she is 22 so no great age difference just different ideas I think

Is there a big age difference between the OP and his beloved girlfriend?Why would she be so determined to have copies of the OPs personal documents? And what is the point of going to the police over this matter? As no crime has been committed as yet and I doubt the police would be interested. Just wasting their time as this incident must be considered as a domestic dispute.The OP knows or should know this woman better than anyone else. His options are to either get rid of her and the problem or keep the relationship going. All sounds so weird to me.

I think there should be an opening statement from every one of these type of posts

1. How old is the OP

2. How old is the perp

3. Where did u meet her

4. Where do you live

5. Do you pay her & her family

6. Size of feet

The above would certainly help in the advice from members here

My feet are size 14 and hers are a 6 all the other questions I've already answered.

Pineapplesamui

That she tried to do so?

Why you do not believe that easy version of events?

It is possible but I had previously given her a photocopy of my passport with large writing across it saying for motorbike rental only in Thai and English.

If she hadn't tried to run away when I asked for my passport back I probably would have believed her too.

But she ran and that is what lead to me thinking she is guilty.

Also some questions about age I am 25 and she is 22 so no great age difference just different ideas I think

Perhaps the GF run away because of fear of you?

You admit to smashing her phone, which is a horrible thing to do and in my opinion is the act of someone with an unstable temper problem.

Have you ever used violence, intimidation or aggression against her in the past? If not than I see no reason why she would run away from you, unless she was in fear as to your reactions when you caught up with her.

• Like 1