N A S A Pulls Out Of Project To Study Climate Conditions In Thailand

webfact

In January '42 Thailand declared war on the United States,In July'69 NASA put the first man on the moon.In 2012 NASA asked Thailand to partner in meteorological research.In 2013 Thailand refused NASAs request.Those who can't learn from history.....

dumb post. Nasa has been working with Thailand for the past few years in other areas, helping to develop better early flood detection systems which for instance can more seamlessly integrate the vast amounts of data which are needed to predict flood conditions.

I suspect that the cutback in funding has alot to do with sequestration which is going on in the US.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

US officials a very well versed with doublespeak,

Thai officials are also very well versed with doublespeak, difference is it isn't intentional and not even noticed until pointed out, then you get quadrospeak.

unlike, this Thai government spokesman, who despite trying to sound tough and proud, sounds like an ungrateful nobody, desperately trying to sound like somebody.

"We have no plans for Nasa to work in Thailand at this time. This

project was moved to another country and is already completed,"

He said he would wait and see if the US space agency wanted to change

its decision. "I cannot say right now whether we will allow the US space

agency to use our skies to conduct its research after it decided to set

up base in another country,"

Lets cut off our nose to spite our own face. How childish!

Woravat didn't fare much better when he was the Computer Tablet Minister before replacing the Boat Propeller Minister.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622650-thai-govt-seeks-revival-of-nasa-project/page-4#entry6176079

cut%2520your%2520nose%2520off%2520to%252
  • Like 1

After the laughing

I'm depressed. sad.png

What a cluster<Snip!> of a situation

NASA personnel are teachers at heart.

I've worked with many of them.

They are looking to learn and to teach what they have learned.

You cant buy this kind of knowledge and data.

NASA would have gladly taught and train Thai scientist and students for free.

Now other countries, will get the training, data,

and turnover money from NASA personnel visiting.

and the technical knowledge and equipment.

What a cluster<Snip!> of a disaster for TL. sad.png

Its this incessant feeling that there is nothing to be learned elsewhere or internationally that can't be applied here because Thailand is so special, so unusual, so unique, so different, that gets me.

dictating unacceptable terms that lose you everything is akin to listening to negotiation from north korea. Thailand maybe growing economically, but it is stagnating in other ways.

• Like 2

"We have no plans for Nasa to work in Thailand at this time. This project was moved to another country and is already completed," she said.

Was it really only five days ago? What happened with all the good news of Thailand having NASA and the USA by the balls? Too much wishful thinking perhaps, or just no thought?
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622650-thai-govt-seeks-revival-of-nasa-project
  • Like 1

"We have no plans for Nasa to work in Thailand at this time. This project was moved to another country and is already completed," she said.

Was it really only five days ago? What happened with all the good news of Thailand having NASA and the USA by the balls? Too much wishful thinking perhaps, or just no thought?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622650-thai-govt-seeks-revival-of-nasa-project

This came to mind after reading your post

17768775.jpg
  • Like 1

its clear thailand did not want the help of ..well NASA ... did they not just finished a 5 billion building to predict weather, that they could have gotten for free from other international websites ?

I can picture big shots in the Tupao area sitting around wanting to talk kickback terms. Two years go by. NASA personnel are not conducive to talking 'kickbacks'. Thai big shots can't fathom that. From the time they were in pampers, they naturally assumed that every big project necessitated 'tea money' - there's no other way.

Incidentally, my adopted town of Chiang Rai would have been preferable to Chon Buri for NASA's project. It's got a 1 Km long runway that's unused, prices are cheaper, people are friendlier, crime is lower, skies are clearer.

• Like 2

"I cannot say right now whether we will allow the US space agency to use our skies to conduct its research after it decided to set up base in another country,"

Should NASA point out that the project is finished, and that they've been overflying Thailand and nobody noticed?

There were some news about using Thai airplanes with the American equipment (which was already in Thailand/which was not in Thailand/which was maybe in Thailand/where they showed photos of it in Thailand......). The Thai airplanes can't go as high but it will do, so they told, to measure the "rays".

I think everyone is lying and a lot contradicting informations.

"I cannot say right now whether we will allow the US space agency to use our skies to conduct its research after it decided to set up base in another country,"

Should NASA point out that the project is finished, and that they've been overflying Thailand and nobody noticed?

There were some news about using Thai airplanes with the American equipment (which was already in Thailand/which was not in Thailand/which was maybe in Thailand/where they showed photos of it in Thailand......). The Thai airplanes can't go as high but it will do, so they told, to measure the "rays".

I think everyone is lying and a lot contradicting informations.

I suppose the Thai hindenburg is out of the equation as it cannot get above the tree tops.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 2

Another chance to receive help and education that Thailand so graciously refuse. before it was among many other the help with the flooding and water-situation here in Thailand. Both dutch as well as americans offered to help.

I dont know, but what is wrong with this nation really????? They doesn´t seem to be ready at all

with development and procress.... So they will probaly stay foot for many years to come and all nations in Asia will rush from Thailand sorry to say!!

Glegolo

During the great flood, The US had offered to help the population with clean water from their aircraft carrier facility nearby but this also was met with a negative from the same government. Then the aircraft carrier simply left...

• Like 1

During the great flood, The US had offered to help the population with clean water from their aircraft carrier facility nearby but this also was met with a negative from the same government. Then the aircraft carrier simply left...

Right you are. Excellent article below explaining the sutuation.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hRbSAMo0WnRBy1U6H3PTmbZlrbuA?docId=CNG.a9e4b16a0529fb9f02391f9eb3cdd346.301

OLD News - the progect is already completed but kudos to THE NATION for putting a positve spin on things .... nothing to do with our internecine political infighting - no nothing to do with that at all

Nothing to see here ... move along now

biggrin.png

Nothing like an article about the USA or Thailand to bring out the conspiracy theororists. NASA is an agency of science. Beyond using its rockets to put other agencies' spy satellites into orbit, they don't work on the intelligence side of the business. Once the satellite is up, it is controlled by the agency that paid NASA to put it in orbit. More likely, they had hoped to use the facilities of a "friend and ally" in South East Asia but have now been disappointed. While the country that was used is not mentioned, it most likely is one in which we actually were at war with just a few decades ago but who have burried the hatched and accepted the money and the free data that came along with the deal. This was just bizarre behavior exhibited by this government. The US has worked more closely with countries that aren't our allies like Russia for instance and quite successfully. Too bad for Thailand.

• Like 1

A

big diplomatic slap in the face for the Thaksin government. I cant

believe Yingluck would refuse the yanks anything............

attachicon.gifYingluck and Obama (1).jpg

We Thais know how to treat a rocket

Love those photos.... tongue.pngwub.png

Every time I see this photo I think of the Miss Flower Belle Lee (Mae West) line "Come up and see me sometime".

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 2

Ambassador Kristie Kenney confirmed yesterday that Nasa had decided to move the "Southeast Asia Composition, Cloud, Climate Coupling Regional Study" to another Southeast Asian nation.

Anybody know what other nation that would be?

QUOTE.. "Meanwhile, Science Minister Woravat Auapinyakul said the government
would comply with Nasa's decision to end its cooperation over climate
research."

What a TOTAL JERK! As if he could do anything BUT COMPLY as NASA spends more in a week than Thailand's Annual GDP output. And wow! I am so amazed he thinks he has any pull.

When will thais learn that they dance to the tune the FARRANG play? We are their main income stream as without farrang here back under the banana palms boiys and chasing gibbons up the trees again!

Thai politics has taken over where George W left off.. a total JOKE.

I like living here as I get to laugh so hard every day.