Accident Viset Road

stevenl

Just heard a loud bang, so went out and see if I could do anything.

On Viset Road, opposite Soi Naam Jai and Rawai Hardware, a woman with motorbike in the middle of the road, 30 meters further a car in the ditch. Ambulance was on the way and woman seemed more or less ok, car driver still in the ditch. With also rescue service on the scene there was nothing for me to do.

With people, including big tourbuses, driving there at 100 k/h and much local traffic there will be many more accidents here and possible far worse than this one.

Edited by stevenl

Haven't there already been some deaths on the S bend at the top of the rise? Yes I agree, far too many Joe Racers along that stretch of road & not sure if the promised divider will help slow them down although could stop them from killing someone coming in the opposite direction.

Haven't there already been some deaths on the S bend at the top of the rise? Yes I agree, far too many Joe Racers along that stretch of road & not sure if the promised divider will help slow them down although could stop them from killing someone coming in the opposite direction.

Yes, there have, and that part has far less local traffic.

Very sad R.I.P

I used to sit in the corner bar just up the road and just watch the amount of near misses and accidents there.That Rawai Muay Thai turning is an accident just waitng to happen.

Did an angry mob attack this driver or was he Thai?

Very sad R.I.P

I used to sit in the corner bar just up the road and just watch the amount of near misses and accidents there.That Rawai Muay Thai turning is an accident just waitng to happen.

Did an angry mob attack this driver or was he Thai?

This one was 100 meters further down.

RIP to the lady, I did not like the way her eyes looked, but could not see any injuries so presumed it was merely the shock.

I was just down talking to a guy that works at the hardware shop past Rawai hardware and he said he she wasn't dead, but I definitely agree the speedway is dangerous. I saw the marks in the road where the car went into the ditch, and knocked over a few poles. Hardware guy said the driver was drunk and fell asleep.

I was just down talking to a guy that works at the hardware shop past Rawai hardware and he said he she wasn't dead, but I definitely agree the speedway is dangerous. I saw the marks in the road where the car went into the ditch, and knocked over a few poles. Hardware guy said the driver was drunk and fell asleep.

I hope so, I'll check with one of my neighbours later, he is part of the local rescue in Rawai and coordinated things this morning.

The breaking noise and crash / bang could be heard past the Rawai temple on the Naiharn side!

The Soi Salika roadsign and some other signs, Ganesha Yoga, etc were all knocked over by the car.

This was after they had pulled the car back out of the ditch.

BEos52QCEAECGFn.jpg

BEoxcNjCMAEejzZ.jpg

Edited by g00dgirl

I hope you are right about the lady still being alive

My wife was at the local general store and it is all the gossip there

The pickup was travelling at high speed and weaving all over the road like a snake

He braked to miss the bike but the rear end of the pickup went sideways hit the bike and sent it flying through the air

Some of the people at the shop saw the accident happen

There was another accident on Monday evening in this same area. Some young westerner on a crotch rocket, took off way too fast in a very busy area, as that's where the outdoor market is on Monday. He hit an old Thai woman walking cross Rawai Muay Thai road and killed her.

There was another accident on Monday evening in this same area. Some young westerner on a crotch rocket, took off way too fast in a very busy area, as that's where the outdoor market is on Monday. He hit an old Thai woman walking cross Rawai Muay Thai road and killed her.

I think I went past that scene on Monday about 5 pm. A bike with wide tyres in the ditch opposite the exit of the market "car park".

I was told today the victim was an elderly Thai male. Who knows ...

The foreigner on the big bike was also hurt badly they say ...

Sometimes I follow cars here that are obviously being driven by very, very drunk people so I can provide witness if they cause an accident. I am always on the bike so can't call it in, but if I do I wonder what will come of it. I imagine the cops will just make him park it and get a ride. No punishment until after you kill or maim someone, it would seem.

I was told today the victim was an elderly Thai male. Who knows ...

The foreigner on the big bike was also hurt badly they say ...

According to my wife who witnessed the accident, it was an elderly Thai woman killed and the "f***ing idiot farang" (her words) that did it, wasn't injured.

None of the local English rags seem to be reporting this tragic accident which once again highlights the idiocy & extreme recklessness of some drivers on our roads not forgetting that stretch all the way to the lights is a dangerous section.

I commend the folks who want to stop and help or be a witness. My rule of thumb is to not stop and help or witness, unless it is a child.

Much like Day of the Triffids, all fingers point towards the falang, irrespective of who is at fault or even when you are only a witness.

oh i miss Phuket NOT!

+ 1 and and 3 friends in the last month.

A mate sent me these photos today, just a couple out of many accidents that happened near his house in Rawai

post-120222-0-85477300-1362667005_thumb.post-120222-0-43300400-1362667043_thumb.

I used to dread going to visit him as he lived just on the brow of the hill and I dare not sit there to long to turn into his soi as they cut the corner on the brow at stupid speeds.

Apparently the guy in the second photo was an arrogant pom who started attacking the people on the side of the road knocking people into the ditch for taking photo's of this dick at 6 in the morning totally off his head.Just look at at the barrier and imagine what speed he was doing.Unfortunately he walked away with out a scratch.

Wonder what he had to hide?

None of the local English rags seem to be reporting this tragic accident which once again highlights the idiocy & extreme recklessness of some drivers on our roads not forgetting that stretch all the way to the lights is a dangerous section.

Yes but he is not a drunk falang.Just another day in Thailand if no money can extracted.He will be back behind the wheel p=ssed again next week

Yes but he is not a drunk falang.Just another day in Thailand if no money can extracted.He will be back behind the wheel p=ssed again next week

Really? I get sick of this same rhetoric I read from some "farang" that has a chip on their shoulder against the people whose country they live in. His truck was badly damaged and I really doubt he has A-1 Insurance. Do you really think he will have enough money to repair it in a week as you say or buy a new one after paying retribution to the woman's family? Think again. Or just think a bit more before posting...

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

Really? I get sick of this same rhetoric I read from some "farang" that has a chip on their shoulder against the people whose country they live in. His truck was badly damaged and I really doubt he has A-1 Insurance. Do you really think he will have enough money to repair it in a week as you say or buy a new one after paying retribution to the woman's family? Think again. Or just think a bit more before posting...

I get sick of the holier than thou wannabe Thai's on here too.

So it's a shame for him that he was drunk at 7 in the morning and caused a horrific accident..

In mine or your country this would be headline news and the driver would be sent down for a long time but oh he has a badly smashed up truck(good) and he has to pay some money.He may be a millionaire for all you know.

Get your R.T G off

I get sick of the holier than thou wannabe Thai's on here too.

So it's a shame for him that he was drunk at 7 in the morning and caused a horrific accident..

In mine or your country this would be headline news and the driver would be sent down for a long time but oh he has a badly smashed up truck(good) and he has to pay some money.He may be a millionaire for all you know.

Get your R.T G off

Maybe better read before posting.Nowhere was anything like this said or implied.