Englishman Found Dead At East Pattaya House

Rimmer

.....so....no question of poisoning.........

........stepson.....wife with baggage........

........any death should be investigated..........

....especially when someone else will end up with a 'big payday'.....

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. BTW, they did this: "The body has been sent to the Police Forensic Institute in Bangkok for a postmortem examination and the British Embassy in Bangkok have been informed."

Following every death of a farang, whatever the cause of death unless the farang dies in hospital (and sometimes then also), the body is automatically sent to Bangkok by the police for a government post-mortem; embassies are always informed of the death and the results of the post mortem and it is then up to the embassy to authorise release of the body to the next of kin or for a funeral.

Usually its simply a formality.

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. BTW, they did this: "The body has been sent to the Police Forensic Institute in Bangkok for a postmortem examination and the British Embassy in Bangkok have been informed."

Following every death of a farang, whatever the cause of death unless the farang dies in hospital (and sometimes then also), the body is automatically sent to Bangkok by the police for a government post-mortem; embassies are always informed of the death and the results of the post mortem and it is then up to the embassy to authorise release of the body to the next of kin or for a funeral.

My mate wasn't sent anywhere. sad.png

You take a risk when you decide to get a wife in a poor country, way younger and mostly attracted by the uplift of living standards... Nobody knows how it may end sad.png RIP Ian

I will happily stay on my own and rent as needed, I leave the life gamble to others less frivoulous than me.

Firstly my condolences to the families of this gentleman...I am sure he will be missed by many in both his "home" countries.

Secondly for your comment on risks. I hate to say this but you are more at 'risk" as a renter (your words) than as a person who is in a committed relationship. It is generally accepted that married people (even in a slightly rocky relationship) outlive single people!

Your gamble not only affects your own life, but the lives of every other "renter" of your companion. Not judging because your lifestyle is just that, yours, but it seems a bit ichy to think of your relationships as "rented".

Edited by rct99q

You take a risk when you decide to get a wife in a poor country, way younger and mostly attracted by the uplift of living standards... Nobody knows how it may end sad.png RIP Ian

I will happily stay on my own and rent as needed, I leave the life gamble to others less frivoulous than me.

Wrong .... we ALL die ...eventually.

Nothing as certain as death and taxes.

RIP Ian

None of us gets out alive !

Edited by oldsailor35

Something to do with age I fear, catches up on all of us. Have been to 4 burnings already this year and it's only just March!

In this day and age, 61 is a bit young to be popping your clogs of natural causes.

I'm not sure if it's true, maybe it's just a rumour, but I've heard you can die of natural causes at any age these days.

that is the exact purpose of an obituary

Apparently an obituary is a news article that reports the recent death of a person, typically along with an account of the person's life and information about the upcoming funeral.

Unfortunately, this late chap's life has been reduced to a bleak depiction of an inhaler, a watch, and a comb.

RIP!

Edited by Morakot

Something to do with age I fear, catches up on all of us. Have been to 4 burnings already this year and it's only just March!

In this day and age, 61 is a bit young to be popping your clogs of natural causes.

Actually, it isn't.

Actually, it isn't.

Actually, it isn't.

OK I tend to agree 61 is not a bit young to die of natural causes people die all over the world of if natural causes. I have put 6 people to rest in the last 2 years all under 45 and not one of them lived in Thailand and at least 2 were very questionable British police did not take a second look It can come any time any were the reason it happens a lot more here is they way we live our lives here 40 year ilds think there 20 again and 60 year olds think they are 18 again now I am not trying that's bad each to there own we are all grow men but I do get upset listening to Thai hatters if you do not like it here or like there way things are done here or do not feel safe the plane that got you here will also get you home I have lived here now for 15 years 12 years same wife and two lovely daughters I am 38 my wife 34 I moved here to get away from england I accepted very quick things are very different but also a lot better so if you think living here is so bad try going back cos the grass is never greener

The alarming rate of foreigners finding their untimely end in pattaya seems

to escalating recently, is the and statistics as to how many foreigners

dies in Thailand according to areas and nationalities i wonder?

I wonder how many Englishmen die in England ?

• Like 1

I agree.

My wife's uncle died suddenly a few years ago, around age 50, appartently in good health. His house went to an estranged sister. The entire investigation was a very short look at the body by the Pooyai Ban and a single policeman. Any suspicions were thus put to rest...???

Chavez died the same day aged 58. I dont see anyone suggesting anything suspicious about it.

Apart from the Chavezenistas and their ilk.

Oh yes, you can live in Thailand, make love in Thailand, have sex, in Thailand, do business in Thailand, go shopping, do drugs, travel all over the shop, study, do religion, meditate, take photos, have sex with younger people, well, anyway it sounds like a lot of places I know, until you die here. That's suspicious. . .

Problem is that the police isn't always informed. I knew of quite a few Farang that after their demise went straight to a temple for the buddhist ceremony and cremation. I reckon it's easier to hide a crime this way than when police is involved.

61 is not old. Who knows if there are suspicious circumstances or not? The fact is that because the BIB are useless when investigating these matters and that there have been quite a few examples in the past of a thai wife being involved in the death of a farang then one is immediately suspicious when reading a story such as this.