Cheapest Prices A Chiang Mai Condo Sells For.

driedmango

I've known of condos in buildings like Nakorn Ping and Srithana going for prices this low -- but they were definitely fixer-uppers, i.e. in bad or trashed condition, no working aircon, no kitchen facilities, etc. In other words, they were barely habitable, but there are people who like to buy these bad condos, refurbish them and turn them into something nice for rental property investment.

Under Construction....Jubilee Condo starting 690000 baht studio 24 Sqm...near Chiangmai 89 Plaza..

www.jubileechiangmai.com.............jubileecondo@gmail.com.....Tel 0860980717

Edited by chuang

Under Construction....Jubilee Condo starting 690000 baht studio 24 Sqm...near Chiangmai 89 Plaza..

24sq mtr

Thats called a storage room mate biggrin.png

24sq mtr

I stayed in a 32 m2 flat in Europe for a month or so and thought I would go bonkers. I had a closet in my house in USA about the same size.laugh.png

24sq mtr

Agreed, but there are certain groups of people, that could live quite comfortably with a family as long as it's got a gas burner and a TV......maybe a fridge too.

Edited by uptheos

24sq mtr

For some reason Thais see it different.

I know for myself I tend to see things through western eyes.

But Thai's don't always see things as we do. I suggested we get a semi large house. Small by western standards 90sqM The wife said no.

She moved her mother into a place and I looked at it and said I would pay more for another place once again the answer was no. That only changed when the floods came and the roof leaked.

The one thing I have noticed when a expat looks for a place or talks about their place is they hardly ever mention location as being a big factor. To me that is number one.

• Like 1

24sq mtr

Thats called a storage room mate

For some reason Thais see it different.

I know for myself I tend to see things through western eyes.

But Thai's don't always see things as we do. I suggested we get a semi large house. Small by western standards 90sqM The wife said no.

She moved her mother into a place and I looked at it and said I would pay more for another place once again the answer was no. That only changed when the floods came and the roof leaked.

The one thing I have noticed when a expat looks for a place or talks about their place is they hardly ever mention location as being a big factor. To me that is number one.

Yes location is more important than size .. its nice to be able to walk about to not feel trapped

24sq mtr

Of course you can opt for a bigger flat...just pay more mate...rule of the game...tongue.png

By the way another project is coming up in Nong Puen area about 5 mins drive from Plaza 89....The Diya Valley...landed.... prices from 1.5 million baht..thumbsup.gif

There will be loads for sale soon (already are) and anyone who bought for investment might get burned badly. Same as the discounted cars, won't be too long before the payments become a pain in the tushky and people need the cash/

• Like 1

There's loads, still a buyers market you just have to do some leg work

Here's another http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/Condo_Sale_list.aspx?min=0&max=1000000

There are probably good deals for older condos (I haven't checked the market for over a year), but the prices advertised for the new "luxury" condos are ridiculous. But you are correct, someone looking for a budget condo just needs to put some time and effort into it. If they are content with a small room in an older, not well maintained building, there are many choices.

By the way another project is coming up in Nong Puen area about 5 mins drive from Plaza 89....The Diya Valley...landed.... prices from 1.5 million baht..thumbsup.gif

This is a housing development and without having seen the details it sounds cheap for what will become an OK area. The whole area around Plaza 89 and round behind Varee School is buzzing with development. With the build up of traffic, people are beginning to see the value of avoiding tedious school runs.

24sq mtr

I stayed in a 32 m2 flat in Europe for a month or so and thought I would go bonkers. I had a closet in my house in USA about the same size.laugh.png

I rent out a studio flat in Brighton UK, about 19 sqm, £550pm = 25,000bht pm - bargain no?

There are building restrictions in place in the old city, banning the construction of high rise buildings. So most condominiums would not be inside the old city. Most of them are Chang Klan / Riverside areas, or out towards Nimmanhaemin, CMU and the Canal Road.

So the best areas would likely be either on the river, or off Suthep Road. Nimmanhaemin too if you like that scene and like traffic.

Few of those areas have units for 600K though. You need to bring triple that for a nice unit. (Or minimum 1,2 mil or so). That's for new buildings.

Or you can try your luck with an old building and renovate. Look at sois South of Suthep Road actually. It's a sane area, and not too far from either Nimmanhaemin or the old city. And there are some older buildings where you might get a good deal.

So anyway, within your budget, I would buy something like this.

http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/condo/sale/Studio-room-1-bathroom-with-partly-furnished-in-Kiang-Mo-Condo/C841.aspx (http://goo.gl/maps/tZwub )

Sensible location, you just want to find a unit with a bit more of a view. Could add some money, but the general location is worth looking into. There should be more options in that area.

Or a cheap option near the river: http://chiangmaiproperties.co.th/condo/sale/Studio-room-1-bathroom-with-fully-furnished-in-Santisuk-Condo/C842.aspx

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai