Thailand Launches An Initiative To Tackle Convicted Travelling U K Child Molesters

webfact

..with thousands of hookers....purse snatchers....money lenders.and drug and people traffickers.....

.molesters and rapists of their own......not to mention myriad other criminals and swindlers......

.....why not 'clean up shop' at home first..........

(......or are there no Thai criminal.........)

.....selective justice.......selective morality..........

Nope - let's clean up the child molesters and spare the innocent as best we can - there should be no place these people can/should be able to hide. To point away from this problem is the divide and conquer than many of these sub-humans would love to see happen. Find them, banish or don't allow them in. If their "first" experiment is here - put them away where they can explore all deviations for many years to come until they rot.

If you are not comfortable with that better look in the mirror while you pack.

Edited by pgrahmm

Don't forget some Catholic private schools. I had a big fighting with these "missionaries", being Buddhist English Teacher in a hilltribe school.

Some "Christian" Fathers collected hill tribe students for free "special studies". Studies were o.k. but some "special services" were included.

High rank private school - I lost my fight, but I won my students: They prefer to learn English with me, no special service demanded.

Don't forget some Catholic private schools. I had a big fighting with these "missionaries", being Buddhist English Teacher in a hilltribe school.

Some "Christian" Fathers collected hill tribe students for free "special studies". Studies were o.k. but some "special services" were included.

High rank private school - I lost my fight, but I won my students: They prefer to learn English with me, no special service demanded.

If by "special services" you mean "sexual assault on children" I hope you reported them to the police?

The headline is a little confusing, as usual, this initiative was started by the CEOP in the UK in 2006.

"It's taken over 6 years, but Thailand has decided to follow international guidelines in full"

That's better.

Lots of big words and big names and that's about it.

I guess if you're not from the UK, you're fine?blink.png

OK let me beat my cynical side down,

and say GREAT first step! w00t.gif

NO! Australia have got a "sex offenders" register so they will not get a passport. I thought it was the same with UK ?

..with thousands of hookers....purse snatchers....money lenders.and drug and people traffickers.....

.molesters and rapists of their own......not to mention myriad other criminals and swindlers......

.....why not 'clean up shop' at home first..........

(......or are there no Thai criminal.........)

.....selective justice.......selective morality..........

hmmmmm damn those Russians! Ban their visas!!! Oh wait wrong article.

But on a serious note.

I am sure they are aware of all the immorals on their end.

I think they are doing a decent job at cracking down on Thai nationals also because there are quite a few articles on Thai men being arrested for molsting children.

I see child molestation a far more heinous crime than scamming or prostitution. Raping a child is far more traumatic to the victim than being ripped off for money. Hookers, are only dangerous as far as getting STD and since I never tried their service do not pose a threat to me, so their presence is rather innocuous.

"Never tried their services"..........Me neither nor all my mates on holiday in Pattaya ! whistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I guess if you're not from the UK, you're fine?blink.png

OK let me beat my cynical side down,

and say GREAT first step! w00t.gif

NO! Australia have got a "sex offenders" register so they will not get a passport. I thought it was the same with UK ?

Are you sure about this? Can you point to an official Australian government website? Don't know if Australia Immigration has a stop order for registered sex offenders departing the country who have completed their sentence & parole.

Unless the regulations have been updated in the past few years, they are not denied a passport. I understand that a registered sex offender is obliged to apply for permission to travel outside of Australia & the country destination authorities are informed who can deny entry; this has occurred.

Edited by simple1

So if a Farang is guilty of child molesting, it's a big news in Thailand and a threat of losing FACE,...

...So what about the child molesters and torturers of that Karen girl from almost a month ago? Anyone? Has it all been forgotten for the sake of the new scapegoat?

They're gonna make up some new law to punish "International Law", but forget about the domestic crimes, and rug those under the table

Oh sure, the police has put an arrest warrant for a 100,000 Baht, or whatever not, and rest their case, and now all of a sudden, it's the Farang that is big news and should be punished like hell... while the guilty couple molester torturers from Kamphaeng pet fled all over the place out of Thailand, until their case has long been forgotten...whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Ha ha. Can't you see it? Anything that Thailand can do, which does not involve extra effort on its part, and makes it look like it is cooperating is sure to get the nod.

Thailand is not bowing to international pressure, nor do I feel certain that they give a hoot about sexual predators. Do you not remember the article photo of the old Thai man who had sexually molested his step daughter for years? All the cops were standing around in the photo laughing it up. My post had been removed for the comment on what I thought should be done to all of them with a small automatic arm.

There is nothing in the article which indicates that Thailand has to spend any money or make any concessions to their status quo. This is political malarkey that makes everyone feel better, but I doubt it will avail much. Many teachers are illegally employed by government schools, and the paperwork never sees the immigration office, or the policeman accepting the bribes when he comes around to collect the money doesn't care if they are pedos or polygamists because he is acting illegally as well.

CEOP has found that some international schools, charities and other

agencies overseas do not currently have access to the same level of

police checks available to organisations in the UK, sometimes enabling

sex offenders to gain positions of trust with children.

Go figure! They don't have access because they don't want access unless they can figure out a way to make a quick baht on it. To really make the Thai databases accurate, telling and effective in crime deterrence, immigration and law enforcement would shut down overnight because all their friends and payees would be ratted out by all that raw data showing who is who and all that money that is unaccounted for.

This isn't about pedos. It's about manipulating a sensitive issue to get more money, to look good doing it, and to accomplish nothing else. When you dig deep the answers makes this article simple hype.

Edit: If the UK were that sensitive about the issue, these sorts of UK citizens would still be in the UK, and not allowed to leave the UK in the first place; IF they were that serious.

Edited by cup-O-coffee