Hilton Buffet, When ?

yoslim

Last night I had a dream I was devouring a buffet of desserts so maybe it's time to spend some money in a nice place.. I know the menu changes everyday, when is the best day with largest european/italian food on offer ?

My favorite day by far is the Wednesday hamburger/sandwich day. I've also done the Monday bbq and the pasta day (Tuesday or Thursday I forget) and that was my 2nd favorite. Seafood is on Friday's but that's not my thing. I think Saturday might have more desserts on offer but I've never been that day either.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Wednesday is the last day I would go on. I cant see the point at all of paying for good food and then eating hamburgers. Each to his own though.

Tuesday is Italian day with pizza, pasta, Italian cold cuts and the usual international dishes and desserts. Probably my favourite day though I cant recommend the pizza. Friday is seafood as mentioned (40B extra) and is fine. Thursday is Asian and is also very good indeed. These three would be my choices.

Monday is BBQ (I've never been). Saturday is "international" with an emphasis on desserts but as I've never managed to try all the desserts on a regular day I dont quite see the point of having more available. I'm not really a dessert person anyway.

Sunday is great but costs three times the price.

Wednesday is the last day I would go on. I cant see the point at all of paying for good food and then eating hamburgers. Each to his own though.

Tuesday is Italian day with pizza, pasta, Italian cold cuts and the usual international dishes and desserts. Probably my favourite day though I cant recommend the pizza. Friday is seafood as mentioned (40B extra) and is fine. Thursday is Asian and is also very good indeed. These three would be my choices.

Monday is BBQ (I've never been). Saturday is "international" with an emphasis on desserts but as I've never managed to try all the desserts on a regular day I dont quite see the point of having more available. I'm not really a dessert person anyway.

I wouldn't go for lunch. Too many people - it's a shit fight. Any evening (except on Sunday) from 6pm is great. Not usually too many people and plenty of time to relax and enjoy.

I wouldn't go for lunch. Too many people - it's a shit fight. Any evening (except on Sunday) from 6pm is great. Not usually too many people and plenty of time to relax and enjoy.

I've never been at night. Do they have the same buffet at night?

Same themes but they bump the price up and increase the offerings.

As for paying 380thb and eating hamburgers, I pay that much for a hamburger already in Pattaya and it's not all you can eat.

I enjoy it and have been on Wednesday at least a 1/2 dozen times. The wife joins me and never touches the burgers and still gets more than her monies worth.

And please let's not start comparing mc Donald with the Hilton.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Edited by Jayman

As for paying 380thb and eating hamburgers, I pay that much for a hamburger already in Pattaya and it's not all you can eat.

I enjoy it and have been on Wednesday at least a 1/2 dozen times. The wife joins me and never touches the burgers and still gets more than her monies worth.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Jayman you have put another posters quotes in my box

Sent from my GT-I9100T

I just hit the quote button on my phone and stated typing.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Sent from my GT-I9100T

I just hit the quote button on my phone and stated typing.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

You mixed up me and tropo. He goes at night and does not like lunch. I like/go at lunch and have never been at night.

It's a much more extensive selection, but the price is 850 and 950 on Fridays (seafood).

It's a much more extensive selection, but the price is 850 and 950 on Fridays (seafood).

Do they bung tax and service on top of that or is that inc?

Do they bung tax and service on top of that or is that inc?

It's included

Edited by tropo

I wouldn't go for lunch. Too many people - it's a shit fight.

I go pretty well once a week at lunchtime and have never had any problems with overcrowding on any day (dont know about Saturdays).

When I went one Sunday lunchtime recently the place was mostly empty.

When I went on Friday evening two weeks ago it was packed to the rafters and they only found me a table because they know me.

So based on my experience I would say avoid evenings.

• Like 1

... 950 on Fridays (seafood).

990B on Friday. 1020B with water. "Wine buffet" about 600B, I think.

Friday evening is very similar to Sunday brunch but without the foie gras and caviar and juices, and 200B cheaper.

I've never tried Friday as I'm not into seafood, however during the week they have oysters, muscles and prawns.

I go pretty well once a week at lunchtime and have never had any problems with overcrowding on any day (dont know about Saturdays).

When I went on Friday evening two weeks ago it was packed to the rafters and they only found me a table because they know me.

It has been quite a while since I've done lunch there (mid-2011). I stopped because it was always crowded whenever I went and there were too many cheap charlie types there with terrible buffet manners (the low price brings them in)... and it is rushed as it closes at 2:30pm.

I have never encountered a busy evening - ever. I don't go on Fridays, so that maybe an exception.

The Hilton buffet kind of sucks in my opinion.

Get more bang for your buck and decent food at Thai Garden resort.

299 per person from 6 to 9 p.m.

White tablecloth tables around a nice looking swimming pool and decent service.

The only thing that kind of blows is the Filipino band that walks around from table to table playing music. It's nice the first time you go, but if you frequent the place it gets a little old, kind of like every cover band in this town.

This is a copy and paste from my personal notes in my phone:

Thai Garden buffet

Monday pizza and pasta*

Tuesday barbecue buffet*

Wednesday multi-cuisine buffet*

Thursday German buffet with roasted pig

Friday Thai buffet

Saturday international buffet*

Sunday steaks and skewers buffet (Sucked)^

6 to 9pm

299 per person

50 baht for one big bottle of water

Edited by Charlie Cheap
  • Like 1

The only thing that kind of blows is the Filipino band that walks around from table to table playing music. It's nice the first time you go, but if you frequent the place it gets a little old, kind of like every cover band in this town.

Thai Garden buffet

Monday pizza and pasta*

Tuesday barbecue buffet*

Friday Thai buffet

6 to 9pm

299 per person

You're comparing an evening buffet with a lunch buffet.

The evening buffet at the Hilton is 850 most nights and a whole different class.

I've been to both (just about every theme) and the Hilton at 380B for lunch is significantly higher quality than the Thai Garden. That said, the Thai Garden is reasonable for 300B food-wise but the totally excessive cost of drinks doesn't help at all.

As for white tablecloths, views of the pool and strolling bands, I'll pass on all of them. I go to these places to eat in peace and the view of the sea from the Hilton suits me fine, even if they dont have tablecloths.

It has been quite a while since I've done lunch there (mid-2011). I stopped because it was always crowded whenever I went and there were too many cheap charlie types there with terrible buffet manners (the low price brings them in)... and it is rushed as it closes at 2:30pm.

I have never encountered a busy evening - ever. I don't go on Fridays, so that maybe an exception.

I did notice some of the cheap charlie crowd planning to skip dinner getting their moneys worth at the lunch buffet.

(One guy clued me up on how to "beat them". "I scrape the insides out of the sandwiches and not fill up on the bread")

Reminds me of when I used to haul the table scraps out to our pig pen.

Arms and legs and food flying.

Thai Garden buffet

Monday pizza and pasta*

Tuesday barbecue buffet*

Friday Thai buffet

6 to 9pm

299 per person

You're comparing an evening buffet with a lunch buffet.

The evening buffet at the Hilton is 850 most nights and a whole different class.

...and a whole different bank account!

I did notice some of the cheap charlie crowd planning to skip dinner getting their moneys worth at the lunch buffet.

(One guy clued me up on how to "beat them". "I scrape the insides out of the sandwiches and not fill up on the bread")

Since when does the Hilton have sandwiches in the lunch buffet?

Hold on, would that be the Wednesday Hamburger Day (to which I never go)? Am I starting to see a connection here with cheap Americans? I think I am.

Try going on another day when they do real food and not burgers. You will see no cheap Charlies there on those days as they will all be at the Lek and Apex.

Thanks for all the advice but I still haven't been to the buffet, my daily average food cost is 142 baht.. I think I'll postpone the buffet for my birthday wink.png

With that food budget, I can see where you come from when you say alcohol is over rated at any time of the day.

Since when does the Hilton have sandwiches in the lunch buffet?

Hold on, would that be the Wednesday Hamburger Day (to which I never go)? Am I starting to see a connection here with cheap Americans? I think I am.

Try going on another day when they do real food and not burgers. You will see no cheap Charlies there on those days as they will all be at the Lek and Apex.

I didn't know Americans had a reputation for being cheap. Tipping in USA 20% Canada 0%. I always thought it was the reverse that Americans jacked up the prices for paying too much for everything. Nice to know they are getting a cheap reputation now by going to lunch at the Hilton.

• Like 1

I didn't know Americans had a reputation for being cheap. Tipping in USA 20% Canada 0%. I always thought it was the reverse that Americans jacked up the prices for paying too much for everything. Nice to know they are getting a cheap reputation now by going to lunch at the Hilton.

I wasnt talking about all Americans, just some of the ones that may go to the Hilton on Wednesday for the hamburgers.

I certainly never see people behaving like that any other day there. Why should they?

I wasnt talking about all Americans, just some of the ones that may go to the Hilton on Wednesday for the hamburgers.

I certainly never see people behaving like that any other day there. Why should they?

Maybe it has changed a bit then due to the price increase. When they first started in 2011 it was 300 baht including a bottle of water, and it was a terrible sh*t fight eating there. I soon gave up.

Do you need to book ahead now if you want a table inside?

I would recommend that people on a budget skip 2 lunches and enjoy an evening buffet instead.

Edited by tropo