Need Dremel Type Device

KRS1

Does any know where i can get something like a dremel? It can be another brand doesnt have to be the dremel brand. I opened one up once and all it was, was a remote control car motor with sliding switches, no power electronics in a dremel at all for the DC electric version...so a cheap chinese one will suffice.Plug in is ok too.

There are many power tool shops around Chiang Mai from the Chang puak/super highway intersection, around the moat and the intersection close to moonmuang....is there any particular one that is cheap?

Edited by KRS1

Don't know, possibly. I recon they would be the first go-to for stuff like that.

I'm only quoting, was in there this afternoon to get some replacement hack-saw blades and the guy in front of me at the till was buying a ridgy-didge dremel... So I know they have dremels.

There's a tool shop on route 108 north bound about 1 kilometer or less before Big C. They carry the dremel brand. I bought a couple of bits for mine there a week ago. There is also Arkarnsin machinery near the American consulate.

I bought one in Carrefour (now Big C Extra) on the Super Highway a couple of years ago. Their own brand in a moulded carry case with an assortment of bits. Plug in type, variable speed. 900 baht if I remember rightly. If you want it for a one off job, PM me and I'll lend you mine.

Cheers,

Pikey.