No Support So Far To Bail Out Detained Red-Shirts

webfact

'No support' so far to bail out detained Reds
Khanittha Thepphajorn
The Nation

30201512-01_big.jpg
House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont is interviewed about the 42 Pheu Thai MPs led by Worachai Haema who have submitted their proposed amnesty law.

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai MPs have been slow in gathering signatures to help bail out the detained red-shirt supporters, MP Sangiam Samranrat said yesterday.

He explained that he had asked House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont and Pheu Thai MPs to put their names down on a petition to bail out red-shirt protesters detained in relation to the 2010 rally. The deadline was Wednesday, but Somsak had been silent about the signatures, he said.

The MP went on to say that he will submit a letter to Pheu Thai Party about the issue and will also get ready to stage a small rally outside Parliament calling for action.

Separately, 42 Pheu Thai MPs led by Worachai Haema submitted their version of the amnesty law to Somsak, who said he would verify the names and add the draft to the parliamentary agenda.

The proposal said amnesty would be granted to protesters supporting all groups, including police and military officers, but excluding leaders.

After Somsak received the document from the MPs, his team (@KhunKhonSomsak) posted a message on Twitter and the Parliament's Facebook page asking: "Do you agree with the passing of the Amnesty Act?"

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-08

The release of the Red Shirt / Thaksin pawns may well prove to be an embarrassment to Thaksin and the Red Shirt leadership as those pawns may well start to open their mouths as to what the truth was and is .

Doing time in a Thai prison or any other prison for that matter tends to give those incarcerated time to ponder on matters that got the them the ticket to gaol in the first place .

Disillusioned pawns could indeed be dangerous hence their ongoing incarceration.

Any sight or sound of that great moral crusader Robert Amsterdam concerning this matter ?

No doubt if the money has stopped thus Amsterdams enthusiasm for Thaksin and the Red Shirts has stopped too..

Edited by siampolee

Let the cannon fodder and brainwashed rot while moronsnlike Jatupron run free. What do you expect from the PTP and the Red Shirts? The little people in jail are easily replaced by thousands more.

• Like 1

Their purpose has been served, so The DL and his cronies have far better things to be concenred about, like getting amnesty and making lots of money out of mega projects.

It's just a show the please the red shirts. Thaksin only wants amnesty for the reds if it includes him.

The house speaker waits for any kind protest and will then put the whole thing on hold.

Edited by Nickymaster

As Thaksin once said "I am with you all the way and at the first shot I will be by your sides".

This of course was when he was in Dubai or Paris shopping, I forget which.

Yeah, right.

Sorry guys you are more use to me in jail but I will make it up to you later, and that's a pinky promise.

Edited by billd766

As Thaksin once said "I am with you all the way and at the first shot I will be by your sides".

Yeah, right.

Sorry guys you are more use to me in jail but I will make it up to you later, and that's a pinky promise.

While the red shirt pawns died in Bangkok Thaksin was shopping in Paris with one of his daughters.

post-94947-0-15941400-1362727013_thumb.j

Self appointed redshirt queen Thida has been mighty quite lately on this subject. Maybe they should check her offshore bank account for recent activity. Ordinarly she would be in front of the cameras in a New York second spewing her usual rhetoric.

• Like 2

I can see why red shirts might feel that they deserve bail after a court releases a man who drives his car into a crowd of people at a bus stop. He was stressed, so, somebody had to die, fortunately for him his rich parents bailed him out. If I was in jail for arson I might be inclined to call such a decision unfair.

I can see why red shirts might feel that they deserve bail after a court releases a man who drives his car into a crowd of people at a bus stop. He was stressed, so, somebody had to die, fortunately for him his rich parents bailed him out. If I was in jail for arson I might be inclined to call such a decision unfair.

Haven't all the red shirt arsonists been released on government paid bail? Other imprisoned criminals might consider that unfair.

• Like 1

He explained that he had asked House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont and Pheu Thai MPs to put their names down on a petition to bail out red-shirt protesters detained in relation to the 2010 rally. The deadline was Wednesday, but Somsak had been silent about the signatures, he said.

They wont even sign a pettition for their own comrades, Red democracy in action. Amazing Thailand

Edited by waza

Yeah, right.

While the red shirt pawns died in Bangkok Thaksin was shopping in Paris with one of his daughters.

Pangtongtae also said that his father was not afraid of death.

That is most certainly true......... except for his own.

• Like 1

Yeah, right.

Pangtongtae also said that his father was not afraid of death.

That is most certainly true......... except for his own.

Makes me glow all over to hear Thaksin is not afraid of the answer to a great deal of Thailand's problems.

Now if he could do some thing to expedite it I would not mind.

Go ahead show us how brave you are.

To honor the man he could be treated like an emperor some lawyers to look after him in the after life.

The only fly in the ointment is when he was talking his lips were moving a sure fire give away that he was lying.

• Like 1

Pheu Thai MPs have been slow in gathering signatures to help bail out the detained red-shirt supporters, MP Sangiam Samranrat said yesterday.

But, ... but, ..., but does this meant we exhausted our funds after helping to bail out the most deserving victims of the Abhisit 'kill me some' government? Those brave 'fight to our last drop of blood' fellows who spent some weeks enduring near inhuman conditions in their prison in Cha-am along the beach with daily barbeques with the family. Those UDD leaders who suffered the most for us lesser red-shirts. Those party list Pheu Thai MP's.

Strange some do not understand the importance of a person like Dr. weng, or k. Korkaew. We have only a few like that, but millions who can be offered for the just cause.