Experienced Technician For I-Mac

eljuwa

Hello Forum Members

Hope you could assist me with this one.

I have an -mac. I wish to upgrade my software from the current Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard that I presently have to the updated Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard. I already have the aforementioned disc.

To do the above, I also need to increase my computer memory.

So, I wish to find an English speaking computer technician that is experienced with i-mac and the ability to upgrade the software and add memory to the computer.

Thanks very much.

James

What is your current computer memory ? How much disk space do you have left ?

Assuming you have your Hard Disk on your screen, Left Click and then Click on, Get Info and a box will open with the info.

I went from Leopard to Snow Leopard with no problems on installed 249.72 GB.

john

• Like 1

What is your current computer memory ? How much disk space do you have left ?

Assuming you have your Hard Disk on your screen, Left Click and then Click on, Get Info and a box will open with the info.

I went from Leopard to Snow Leopard with no problems on installed 249.72 GB.

john

John, thanks for your advice. I am computer illiterate and I tried what you advised with no success. I am willing to pay you, directly, for your help in updating my software. You obviously was able to do it on your own. Also, I may need extra memory to be added to my present computer.

What is more important is the upgrade and you appear to be the answer to my problems. If u agree to do it with compensation to you. Thanks very much. James

make sure your processor is supported by snow leopard.

I think the Imac has to be made after 2008 to be supported.

I think you need 1 gb minimum to run it.. The more the better obviously. It's not cheap to upgrade RAM in Chiang Mai. Expect to pay a premium versus getting it the US etc.

Probably best to source and purchase your memory first then proceed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Snow_Leopard

• Like 1

James no need for money I am sure, I and other board members can assist you.

Top left hand corner of your screen is the Apple trademark Apple.

Right Click and then click on, (About this Mac), it will tell you the basic configuration of your Mac most importantly your RAM

Snow Leopard is K64, previous I macs could only handle K32, so you need to know when it was made and the Ram you have.

Macs are good to ask questions about, try Upgrade Mac or Leopard to Snow Leopard.

john

• Like 1

James no need for money I am sure, I and other board members can assist you.

Top left hand corner of your screen is the Apple trademark Apple.

Right Click and then click on, (About this Mac), it will tell you the basic configuration of your Mac most importantly your RAM

Snow Leopard is K64, previous I macs could only handle K32, so you need to know when it was made and the Ram you have.

Macs are good to ask questions about, try Upgrade Mac or Leopard to Snow Leopard.

john

John, I more than appreciate your kind advice. I followed the System Profile. all that technical stuff does not make sense to me. I have 1 GB in RAM. Computer made around 2009. I do not know the actual year. I do not know how much RAM I have remaining. I was advised by another member to get extra RAM first. I am not going to the USA for some time. So I have to buy it here.

I know for sure that I am incapable of updating my software on my own. Yes, i and read the tutorials from apple on upgrading. I just could not follow same on my own.

So, could you please find me a technician that will do this for me. Including getting extra memory.

I am honored to get all this advice from a Board Member. Thanks again.

make sure your processor is supported by snow leopard.

I think the Imac has to be made after 2008 to be supported.

I think you need 1 gb minimum to run it.. The more the better obviously. It's not cheap to upgrade RAM in Chiang Mai. Expect to pay a premium versus getting it the US etc.

Probably best to source and purchase your memory first then proceed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Snow_Leopard

Yes, Sir. I have 1 GB of RAM. I do not understand computers. Computers do not understand me. I have read all the tutorials from Apple about upgrading etc.. I have looked at my system. I can not execute. How do I find a technician to do this for me at my place. Money is not a problem

Just take it over to the Mac Studio main office on Siri Mankalajarn. It's the road off Huay Kaew inside(east) of Nimmanhemin road and outside (west) Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall.

They charge 300 to 400 baht and takes an hour or so. You will need to have bought the software or buy it from them.

They do it all the time and will likely go smoothly.

I would look into adding more RAM. 1 GB is the minimum so if you can upgrade to 2gb or 4gb then its going to feel a lot snappier.

18°47'55.88" N 98°58'16.09" E

GoogleEarth_Placemark.kmz

• Like 1

Just take it over to the Mac Studio main office on Siri Mankalajarn. It's the road off Huay Kaew inside(east) of Nimmanhemin road and outside (west) Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall.

They charge 300 to 400 baht and takes an hour or so. You will need to have bought the software or buy it from them.

They do it all the time and will likely go smoothly.

I would look into adding more RAM. 1 GB is the minimum so if you can upgrade to 2gb or 4gb then its going to feel a lot snappier.

18°47'55.88" N 98°58'16.09" E

Thanks very much, CobraSnakeNecktie...this information is exactly what I wanted.

Dear Forum Members

I received 8 replies to my need to find a technician for my computer. I am so thankful to all of you. All replies were quite helpful. Your input was greatly appreciated.

James