Ok..this Is Not A Troll Thread.."farang Women"..

eek

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Farang women, I tend to find them quite unattractive as compared to most Asian women. It's mostly due to the way they act and look.

If I want 'empowered' women shoulder checking me on the pavements, talking in loud, deep, powerful voices, being overly athletic running about all the time in men's running shoes with better musculature than I have, always finding a way to shun all traditionally female character traits, unwieldy and nearly as tall and wide as I am and who wear pants more often than they wear dresses or skirts, I will go to most countries in Farangistan. I don't want to have sex with what is essentially another copy of myself with longer hair and slightly better skin.

If I want what seems more natural to me (even having grown up mostly with Western empowered women), I stick to Asian and some Latin women. Asian women, particularly the ones in Asian countries, still behave in a way that I find feminine (or at least in a way that is discernable from the way most men act). Physically, they are lacking those nordic genes which makes them right-sized. They tend to have luxurious hair and beautiful skin. They tend to age well in their later years holding onto their estrogen and other hormones longer into their later years in life, (but then at a certain age tank as their loose those hormones very rapidly). They still believe in being graceful and sexy without being too crass and revealing. They don't try to take on men physically without good reason who they know will snap them in two like twigs. Then, there's the issue of sex. Sex with White women has been mostly rather dull. White women seem noticeably dryer ... no clue why.

Cheers,

You just posted the same (non-relevant) "stuff" on this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618421-thai-girls-feel-threatened-by-farang-girls/page-8#entry6184711 If you gonna post something that really has no bearing on the opening topic, cant you at least take the time to even slightly reword it? That way it looks like at least you tried, but are just a little confused...

Cheers

I'll give it another go. The historical aspects and the origin of the word are totally meaningless with regard to the OP's question. The 'meaning' of the word that falls with the context of the OP's question is all that matters. Farang means foreigner... ergo, someone who is not Thai.

It really is as simple as that y'know.

White women seem noticeably dryer ... no clue why.

Dont want to get too personal Paully, but with regards to female physiology..women arent "dry" when turned on. Just might be that you arent really greasing the wheels..so to speak?

That could have been the case.

As for Farang women, I tend to find them quite unattractive as compared to most Asian women. It's mostly due to the way they act and look.

If I want 'empowered' women shoulder checking me on the pavements, talking in loud, deep, powerful voices, being overly athletic running about all the time in men's running shoes with better musculature than I have, always finding a way to shun all traditionally female character traits, unwieldy and nearly as tall and wide as I am and who wear pants more often than they wear dresses or skirts, I will go to most countries in Farangistan. I don't want to have sex with what is essentially another copy of myself with longer hair and slightly better skin.

If I want what seems more natural to me (even having grown up mostly with Western empowered women), I stick to Asian and some Latin women. Asian women, particularly the ones in Asian countries, still behave in a way that I find feminine (or at least in a way that is discernable from the way most men act). Physically, they are lacking those nordic genes which makes them right-sized. They tend to have luxurious hair and beautiful skin. They tend to age well in their later years holding onto their estrogen and other hormones longer into their later years in life, (but then at a certain age tank as their loose those hormones very rapidly). They still believe in being graceful and sexy without being too crass and revealing. They don't try to take on men physically without good reason who they know will snap them in two like twigs. Then, there's the issue of sex. Sex with White women has been mostly rather dull. White women seem noticeably dryer ... no clue why.

Cheers,

<deleted> are you talking about. ?sad.png

Lack of attractiveness of Farang women.

It is in response of the OP asking about negative associations of Farang women.

Cheers,

<deleted> are you talking about. ?sad.png

Yeah I have no idea about this dryer stuff.

Anyway sex with female athletes. You don't know what you're missing.

Hmmm I think some posters misunderstood the OP. It seems to me she is mostly asking about what foreign men have in mind when they talk about "farang women". She is not asking about what Thai people mean by "farang woman".

• Like 2

^ exactly peanut. Although the lynch mob are out in droves. Apparently i even need medical assistance ohmy.png

I am NOT offended by the word farang.
I dated a Thai man for years too, if thats at all relevant..so i obviously have no issues with Thai..

I have lived here for nearly 7 years and can speak and read Thai (albeit still embarrassed by my lack of fluency).

I do not, i repeat, do not, have an issue with the term "farang" or "farang women" for that matter...

If my opening post isnt clear..i was referring to what FARANG men think and mean..rather than thai ..

Cheers "SparklingCascades" for such a scathing post based on nothing to do with what i was asking. :/

*Sigh* sad.png

Edited by eek
  • Like 2

What puzzles me is that the women on TV would waste keystrokes on the likes of paullyw, and I'm not simply basing that on his efforts in this thread. It's so easy to troll in a thread like this, but paullyw cant seem to help himself regardless of the topic.

I chose my wife due to love not race, been with several races, had a very attractive western girl before, stunningly beautiful and hygienic.

Had same good and bad thai girls in the hygiene department, looks as well.

I think some people may have an ax to grind with western girls here, shot through to Thailand and are very bitter at the western woman world.

If you get burned by a woman, don't blame all it's pathetic, let it go.

Edited by muythai2013

I'll do my best...

I of course realise the term "Farang" is in regard to Caucasian/westerners..but seeing as the term "farang woman" gets chucked about in this forum, i would like to ask what nationalities men here are actually referring to...?

You are incorrect in your realisation is in regard to caucasian/ westerners. I have been known to use the same terminology as have many others because it is easily understood to mean I person who is not Thai. I could say (for example) at a party that the person over there whose origin is unknown seems to be having a great time with people whos origin is known (Thai) or I could say that that farang seems to be having a good time. I could just point and say 'that' person seems to be having a good time when there are a group of people, at which point I will be asked which one.

It's a label in the same way that 'the brunette' or 'the tall one' or 'the male/ female' is. Usage of an identifier is nothing to do with anything other than language.

one that identifies

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/identifier

If my gf used the term she would be referring to non thai women of caucasian appearance but this could include South Americans but definitely not other Asians, Africans, Indians or obviously middle eastern - same reference for men.

In my mind that is her diefintion but I would not personally normally use that terminology although it has no negative connotations/association for me.

It is my understanding that farang was used to describe the French, in the very early days of Europeans in Siam. As such, it was extrapolated to all those of Caucasian appearance ( couldn't tell them apart, LOL ). So makes sense to me that it applies to all "non thai women of caucasian appearance".

However, having met women from many countries that could be described as being farang, I can honestly say that they were similar in outlook and attitude, mainly in the PC department.

Caucasian apperance? That includes Indian, and Persian, Hamite, Semite, Berber etc appearances. The term Farang is far narrower, for white people only. Comes from the Arabs who called all Europeans at the time of the crusades Franks.

Cheers,

Think you belong in the Pervy forum. ooooooooooooops, we don't have one. Sorry. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

^ exactly peanut. Although the lynch mob are out in droves. Apparently i even need medical assistance ohmy.png

I am NOT offended by the word farang.

I dated a Thai man for years too, if thats at all relevant..so i obviously have no issues with Thai..

I have lived here for nearly 7 years and can speak and read Thai (albeit still embarrassed by my lack of fluency).

I do not, i repeat, do not, have an issue with the term "farang" or "farang women" for that matter...

If my opening post isnt clear..i was referring to what FARANG men think and mean..rather than thai ..

Cheers "SparklingCascades" for such a scathing post based on nothing to do with what i was asking. :/

*Sigh* sad.png

Aaah, understand now. I think the kind of farang guys you're talking about are described in this piece:

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2012/reader7681.htm

Sadly quite a few men on this forum though seem unable to "let go" of their "Issues" with their country women so make sad comments about physical appearance or mannerisms with the suggestion the millions apon millions of causasion women somehow all look, act & dress then same & all have the same manners, personal hygiene & even, reading one of the tragic posts above, taste in sports shoe!!!

really eek, leave them to it, why do you let it bother you, they shouldnt' register, you are so much better than that.

They will keep making their comments on the fourm & therefore keep making themselves look like the bitter, petty dross that they are. biggrin.png

I think it's worth remembering that 99% of the time, when these guys berate Western women over their appearance or mannerisms, they're only describing the calibre of Western women THEY can/could actually GET while conveniently ruling out their own aesthetics or personality traits as being partly or equally to blame for having to choose a woman from that pool.

Their enthusiasm for Thai women revolves the apparent lack of importance that some Thai women place on their deficiencies, real or imagined. Still, said enthusiasm is fickle - you only have to read their interminable posts whining about how Thai women are mercenaries out to get whatever they can from Western men.

Men who are/were used to getting attractive, slim, feminine Western women don't harbour these views.

• Like 2

What puzzles me is that the women on TV would waste keystrokes on the likes of paullyw, and I'm not simply basing that on his efforts in this thread. It's so easy to troll in a thread like this, but paullyw cant seem to help himself regardless of the topic.

Says the person with nearly 400 posts since mid January.

Boring

• Like 1

In Turkey I'm called "yabanci" and "mgeni" in Swahili-speaking Africa. In South America I get called "extranjero" and "agnabi" when in Kuwait. In Thailand I'm called "farang" just like in England where we call folks "foreigners" if they've moved over from Africa, Middle East, Greece, Poland, Turkey, Thailand, Malaysia, Korea..........

Slow as ones mind may be - by this stage - one can sense that the word foreigner or farang has nothing to do with "every other woman of the same skin tone". Foreigner or farang is an 'Adjective' sometimes and can be used as a 'Common Noun' at other times - not that there's anything common about farang in Thailand, I dare say.

I can think of a lot worse names to call some people, than farang.

Edited by Bokchoi
  • Like 1

Wow you pc mob are so embroiled in skin colour and what terms should be used its utterly bizarre,

Welcome to the PC mob, what colour are you ? Purple with green spots are not allowed here.

Hey, gimme some more time. If the ointment works, I should be okay next week. :(

Wow you pc mob are so embroiled in skin colour and what terms should be used its utterly bizarre,

Welcome to the PC mob, what colour are you ? Purple with green spots are not allowed here.

Hey, gimme some more time. If the ointment works, I should be okay next week. sad.png

Sorry off topic but why is a post l replied to in my own post box.? sad.png Looks like l wrote it all.