Changing Address On A Thai Driving Licence

Hi,

Just a quick question, recently I got my yellow book so i need to change the address on my 5 year licence (expires march 2015). My licence at the moment has my work address as that is whats in my work permit.

Is that possible to be done here in Bangkok? Thank you Walailak!!

I think not never seen the police check adresses on a computer when they check your license even on a big controlling action on the road its still handwork.

So unless you use it for ID or something anywhere at a official place I would let it on the old adress till it needs to be made new.

I went to the Land Transport Office in Pattaya.

'I have a new passport number do I need to ammend my DL'

'Up to you'

'Yes but is there a legal requirement to change it'

'Up to you'

Went for a beer!!

I suggest the same.

• Like 1

Update,

Wife rang the land transport department here in Bangkok ,

They said it will cost 250 baht to change the address, the expiry date will remain the same March 2015...go figure

Definitely I won't be bother changing it,

Thanks everyone for your replies, cheers Walailak...

Did you have to pay?

A small fee, can't remember. I was updating the truck owner's address at the same time. We finally had a permanent address rather than a new rental every year, so I thought it best to do. Staff at the transport office seemed to think I was odd for doing this.

• 8 years later...

There is very good and useful reason for changing / updating your driving licence address to your current address .

My financial advisor (whom is able to certify documents ) advised me that he uses the driving licence to inform client institutions when clients change their address and the Driving Licence is one of the only documents that is accepted (unless you have a yellow book or pink ID card ) since the Driving Licence is a government / legal ID document .