New Saleng

gamba

Hi Guys.

Anyone here to help me with updated information where to get a new good quality Saleng here on Phuket.

What I understand the only really legal in Thailand are STALLIONS BUDDY SMEs

http://www.p-bike.net/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_show_pro_detail&cid=12884&pid=155769

But what’s second best and “near” legal and available on

Phuket ? thanks in advance.

post-151254-0-23236000-1362803627_thumb.

Tiger is the only manufacturer which makes a truly legal sidecar.

112410RetroSidecarSm.jpg

In Phuket the police have stated publicly that as long as the salang has lights on it, they will allow them on the roads. Any motorbike shop will be able to direct you to a place which makes them. They start at about 5000B.

112410RetroSidecarSm.jpg

In Phuket the police have stated publicly that as long as the salang has lights on it, they will allow them on the roads. Any motorbike shop will be able to direct you to a place which makes them. They start at about 5000B.

Your Tiger looks very cute and retro. But I need one to short distance cargo transportation. Some times more convenient than car. So anyone knows one who makes a god one with brakes.

The police allow sidecar but the insurance NOT so easy.

Edited by gamba

112410RetroSidecarSm.jpg

Your Tiger looks very cute and retro. But I need one to short distance cargo transportation. Some times more convenient than car. So anyone knows one who makes a god one with brakes.

Like this?

post-123755-0-31822700-1362832582_thumb.

112410RetroSidecarSm.jpg

Like this?

attachicon.gifpolice-poipet-02-001-dsc_0342.jpg

Yes something like this. Nice picture, I presume it is you who sitting in the front. rolleyes.gif

I met an American building sidecars north of Chiang Mai that have the sidecar wheel leaning in concert with the bike as it turns. I cannot contact him but he had learned to build them in his dad's shop in the 60's. Hope to see a few of these around someday...

• 3 weeks later...

The guy who builds salengs is named John and he runs a guest house in the Old Town of Chiang Mai. I think he does this for a hobby, not for a living. However, I've seen one of his creations and it looks very solid. If any of you guys are interested, I can get his contacts through some common friends.

• Like 1