What Is The Maximum Amount Of Cash That Aeon Atm Allow People To Get From Their Atm Per Time?

PaigeLeo

What is the Maximum amount of cash that Aeon ATM allow people to get from their ATM per time? (using Debit card from other country)

i try to avoid $5 fee from my bank that will charge every time i get cash from other ATM.

Most ATM machines can only dispense 40 notes at a time. So if machine has 1000 Baht notes..

Go to an Aeon machine and start with 40,000 if it won't do that keep going down until it gives you some money probably 20,000?

Then come back and tell us!

Most ATM machines can only dispense 40 notes at a time. So if machine has 1000 Baht notes..

Go to an Aeon machine and start with 40,000 if it won't do that keep going down until it gives you some money probably 20,000?

Then come back and tell us!

As said previously - at least 55K THB at Aeon; so 55 bank notes. The yellow bank - Ayudhya?? gives 30K, 30 bank notes.

The most I have ever got from an Aeon atm is 40,000. If you go inside at Bangkok bank you can avoid the fee (as Mesmith posted) but don't forget to take your passport.

I thought the whole purpose of the Aeon was because it was service charge free.

Not that 150 baht makes a lot of difference when with drawing 40,000 or more baht.

At least to me. I would just walk over to the one across the street for that kind of money if the service fee was only 150 baht.

Of course some banks do not allow that much of a withdrawal and some banks back home only allow x number of baht per with drawl. Also some bank's back home have a daily limit.

aeon allowed 40,000 baht per time as i asked them and depend on your bank also about the limited amount thanks for answers =)

Trust me, you can definitely get more than 40K THB from Aeon at one time. I have done it several times using Maestro. I think you said in the other thread you are American so you probably have Master Card. That could be the difference. Also, Maestro has a daily cash withdrawal limit of 5,000 CHF/EUR. I believe American Master Cards are much less.

take your card inside the bank & get a cash withdrawal over the counter. Bangkok Bank best for this I think. avoid the atm charge completely wink.png

I tried it at 2 banks and they both declined "mai dai". Ayudhya and SCB.

I use Bangkok Bank & K-Bank. K-Bank only allows 20 or 25,000.

The most I have ever got from an Aeon atm is 40,000. If you go inside at Bangkok bank you can avoid the fee (as Mesmith posted) but don't forget to take your passport.

Not that 150 baht makes a lot of difference when with drawing 40,000 or more baht.

At least to me. I would just walk over to the one across the street for that kind of money if the service fee was only 150 baht.

Of course some banks do not allow that much of a withdrawal and some banks back home only allow x number of baht per with drawl. Also some bank's back home have a daily limit.

As I said before, 40,000 baht using a canadian debit card, I have a withdrawal limit of $3000 per day to a maximum of $5,000 per week so there is no prblem with a higher amount than 40,000 baht on the other end it is Aeon that sets the limit. Because Bangkok bank limits foreign debit card withdrawals to 25,000 baht each time, I used to have to make multiple withdrawals which prompted a $5 fee from TD bank and 150 baht fee from BKB each time. I don't bother with any of that any more, I take my TD visa to BKB, take a cash advance on my Visa card ( $5 transaction fee in Canada, zero baht at BKB). I pay the Visa bill on line the same day, thus incurring no interest charges.

As I said before, 40,000 baht using a canadian debit card, I have a withdrawal limit of $3000 per day to a maximum of $5,000 per week so there is no prblem with a higher amount than 40,000 baht on the other end it is Aeon that sets the limit. Because Bangkok bank limits foreign debit card withdrawals to 25,000 baht each time, I used to have to make multiple withdrawals which prompted a $5 fee from TD bank and 150 baht fee from BKB each time. I don't bother with any of that any more, I take my TD visa to BKB, take a cash advance on my Visa card ( $5 transaction fee in Canada, zero baht at BKB). I pay the Visa bill on line the same day, thus incurring no interest charges.

Yes that is what I do with the CIBC.

The question I was asking here was more in response to the mention of 150 baht service charge here on this end. I know most machines charge it but It would seem from the reading on this thread that AEON does also. I had all ways thought they did not charge it and that was why people used it.

I am going to try them the next time I withdraw only I will try them at 60,000 baht which is well below what my bank allows.

There seems to be some debate here about what their maximum is I wonder if it depends on the machine you use.

Yes that is what I do with the CIBC.

The question I was asking here was more in response to the mention of 150 baht service charge here on this end. I know most machines charge it but It would seem from the reading on this thread that AEON does also. I had all ways thought they did not charge it and that was why people used it.

I am going to try them the next time I withdraw only I will try them at 60,000 baht which is well below what my bank allows.

There seems to be some debate here about what their maximum is I wonder if it depends on the machine you use.

I can't speak for everyones experiences, I have used AEON machines at both Tescos, Big C extra (old carrefour), hang dong Big C and the new Siam centre, 40,000 baht is all i've ever managed to get. It is possible that things have changed in the last year or so which is about the time i quit using them.

You have always thought that AEON does not charge the 150 THB service charge on foreign debit cards which is correct.

Every time someone here at TV reports that they were charged a fee by AEON it has always been shown that the fee was from the posters foreign bank not AEON. I cannot comment on the maximum amount that you can withdraw from an AEON machine at one time, since the most I have ever been able to "pull" in one transaction (40,000THB) was due to the limit imposed by my US Bank, not AEON

You have always thought that AEON does not charge the 150 THB service charge on foreign debit cards which is correct.

Every time someone here at TV reports that they were charged a fee by AEON it has always been shown that the fee was from the posters foreign bank not AEON. I cannot comment on the maximum amount that you can withdraw from an AEON machine at one time, since the most I have ever been able to "pull" in one transaction (40,000THB) was due to the limit imposed by my US Bank, not AEON

My ATM card will not give me that much money in a day but my visa credit card will.

Don't really understand the U S ATM card but the Canadian ATM card is only good for the one account If it worked for both my savings account and my Visa account what would be the need of a visa card? Just take up more room in my wallet.

• 1 year later...

Auttaya Bank at Tesco wanted 180 baht for fee and AEON 150 Baht. All others seem to be 150 baht plus what ever fee your bank charges and the huge rip off on the currecny margin (exchange rate) making BKK Bank for instance aboutt 4% loss on an ATM charge and they will not allow you to use your Visa Debit Card inside the bank to get cash, even if it has the Visa logo. Only a credit card can get a cash advance and with all the crazy fees, even though I can purchase soemthing up to 5000usd with my Visa Debit Card. I just did all this stuff last week. Banks have big conferences and make sure they are screwing us all to the max and little outsiders like AEON are pressed into service, like they have been lately. You can exchange cash at an exchange for a much better rate than you get from an ATM machine so all the good times are over at ATM's I believe.

Auttaya Bank at Tesco wanted 180 baht for fee and AEON 150 Baht. All others seem to be 150 baht plus what ever fee your bank charges and the huge rip off on the currecny margin (exchange rate) making BKK Bank for instance aboutt 4% loss on an ATM charge and they will not allow you to use your Visa Debit Card inside the bank to get cash, even if it has the Visa logo. Only a credit card can get a cash advance and with all the crazy fees, even though I can purchase soemthing up to 5000usd with my Visa Debit Card. I just did all this stuff last week. Banks have big conferences and make sure they are screwing us all to the max and little outsiders like AEON are pressed into service, like they have been lately. You can exchange cash at an exchange for a much better rate than you get from an ATM machine so all the good times are over at ATM's I believe.

I have used my Visa branded debit card to withdraw large sums of cash inside Bangkok Bank on Thapae Road in the past. Is something different now?

AEON 20k at Tesco Lotus near superhighway BKK Bank 25k TMB 30K. yesterday,

Not true. The limit is set by your bank not AEON. I have withdrawn as much as 70,000 Baht in one day at AEON (Tesco Lotus Super Highway branch). My Masetro Card that I used for over 20 years had a daily cash withdrawal limit of 5,000 CHF. I can't speak for any of the Thai banks here; only AEON.

Edit: Actually I do recall trying to get cash one time from Bank of Ayudhya and was told by the manager that the limit *imposed by the bank* was 30K THB per transaction.

Edited by elektrified

I have used my Visa branded debit card inside Bangkok Bank on Suthep Road in the past. Has something changed?

As for fees to get money, as I have posted on many occasions, I can withdraw from my Visa credit card with a signature inside Bangkok Bank and my financial institution has a program in which there are no foreign currency transaction fees and Bangkok Bank does not charge anything. The conversion rate is set by Visa Corporate and not Bangkok Bank. When I get to my home I go online and transfer the amount from my checking account to my Visa credit card account.

Many times it is the card issuing bank which has the restrictions and fees people blame on the local banks.

An ATM usually has a per transaction limit AND a per day limit. Then there are the card issuing bank's limits.

As an example, I can withdraw 25,000 THB from a Bangkok Bank ATM from my Bangkok Bank account. Then I can make another transaction immediately for another 25,000 THB. My maximum per day with them is 50,000. You can contact Bangkok Bank to raise this per day limit. However, their ATM's (that I have seen) have a 25 note limit. So as long as the machine has 1,000 baht notes, you can get 25,000 per transaction. If the 1,000 baht notes have been emptied, then you are limited to the 25 notes of 500 THB if they are available.

A card issuing bank in the US usually has a per day limit for signature withdrawals and a much smaller per day limit for ATM withdrawals. The ATM limit is to help curb excessive losses with stolen ATM cards, which there is no way to verify who is using the card while it is being used. With a signature the person at the financial institution is supposed to verify who is making the transaction.

Rhinoboy, did you try to make another ATM transaction in the same day?

Edited by hml367

NO, the AEON bank which I had never used before but read on this forum that I could pull 40k from in one shot, is where I went first. I am talking specifically about per transaction, not daily limits. As each time i use any machine I get charged 150baht. Online I can increse or decrease my limit or shut it off completely. On the Debit Card thing the lady at BKK Bank said people get large amounts of cash with that card all the time, but does she understand me clearly when she says that? Or maybe it is a Singapore Bank restriction applied on my card = no cash withdrawal in a bank only though ATM, but pretty dumb as I can buy something for 5000sgd, whats the difference.

NO, the AEON bank which I had never used before but read on this forum that I could pull 40k from in one shot, is where I went first. I am talking specifically about per transaction, not daily limits. As each time i use any machine I get charged 150baht. Online I can increse or decrease my limit or shut it off completely. On the Debit Card thing the lady at BKK Bank said people get large amounts of cash with that card all the time, but does she understand me clearly when she says that? Or maybe it is a Singapore Bank restriction applied on my card = no cash withdrawal in a bank only though ATM, but pretty dumb as I can buy something for 5000sgd, whats the difference.

You should ask your own bank. As state, the card issuing bank can have its own restrictions.

I cannot purchase many things online from places in SE Asia because my cards are issued in the US, even though they have billing addresses in Thailand. These are payment portals which have the restrictions.

Another example, I opened a PayPal account with my Thai address. I was allowed to open the account with a US issued card and a Thai billing address. However, Paypal will not allow the card information to be updated, i.e., expiration date, so that account will not work for me with that card now.

When I have had questions in the past regarding my plastic cards, I started with the issuing institution and worked from there. I have always gotten an answer eventually. Frustrating, but I did get answers.

By the way, Rhino.... It may be a good idea to use information from any forum as a guideline to look into things on your own, but don't, as you have seen, take it as the absolute way things are. You don't have to look at many threads to see there are multiple answers to one question.

Edited by hml367