Indian Grub At Sausage King

jonwilly

Had Lamb Kebab earlier in the week so today I pigged out and had the Lamb & Chicken Tikka Kebabs for a brunch.

B149 for the full Lamb tray and B129 for the Chicken.

Both excellently cooked and well presented by pleasant staff.

Who cook this kebab shouts I, tell her I will marry her.

My wife says SK.

OOPs !

Still Rob assures me that come next weekend he will have a Donner on the menue, so if Phil the Greek turns up for a quick one for the wifey don't be surprised.

john

Yummy Pizza has the best Cod & Chips in town at the moment, for all the followers of the True Religion a mear B210.

Usually disclaimers, just a man who likes to pig out on good porky swag.

• Like 1

It is highly doubtful that cod or haddock has made their way to Chiang Mai restaurants or supermarkets, but I'll be there when they do!

Other possibilities for fish & chips are Grouper (pla-kao), John Dory, and Ruby Fish or Pomegranate Fish or Red Tilapia (pla thap-thim).

"Dory" (not John Dory) is a catfish commercially farmed in Vietnam. Also known as "Panga" fish.

Let us know what kind of fish Tony at Yummy Pizza has on his menu.

COD.

There are TWO restaurants in town where COD is on the menue.

Yummy is B210 for COD & Chips and Monkey Kitchen is B239 for their US East Coast version of Fish & Chips with COD.

Yummy is best for us Brits. Onest.

If SK follows his plans there will be THREE.

john

Why oh Why should COD not be on sale in CM ?

• Like 1

it has been widely reported that about 70% of fish sold around the world,is not the species

that it is sold as,I would think the only country that you could get Atlantic Cod from in quantity,

would be Iceland, they are the only country that did not fish its waters to death.

I see in Rim Ping they have some true Icelandic Cod , but its very expensive, they also have

some fish that is labeled Atlantic Cod,but its processed in China, and is in fact a type of Cod

from the N.Pacific.

Like a lot of food products in the world today, its not all ways,what its meant to be.

Regards Worgeordie

Good points Worgeordie

I was under the understanding that the Atlantic cod of the coast of Canada and the States had been just about fished out to the point where it would not be able to recover. It has been a long time ago but I think they were trying to introduce the Atlantic cod into the Pacific. Not sure how that would work out as I believe there is a significant temperature difference in the two oceans.

Not sure what Sausage King is.

For the longest time I was under the impression that it was a source of package products in the markets. Now I see they are promoting a restaurant.

If they are still doing the package thing in the super markets it occurred to me that perhaps a meal at the restaurant made up of samples of the many products would be well worth the trouble to me to get over there and check it out.

Thank you

Bye Bye

More for me, Fooled me and 4 other pensioners who know COD from their youth.

I'll inform Tony at Yummy that the Brains Trust has decided they are not selling COD when I tuck into day.

On my next vist to Sausage King for his excellent food I'll advise him to move location for all his time and trouble has been wasted as at least one board member thinks it's out of the way.

And I live on Suthep Rd.

Yes you've convinced me Lamb and Chicken for Brunch ta Marra.

john

Wonder if Brains Trust will Sue the CM supplier ?

Some years ago I used to Booze in BKK with a rep from Diagio who imported COD into Thailand and we dinned on it in Rays Fish & Chip Shop. No shortage in UK but we buy and export and UK gets what is left.

• Like 2

Thank you

Bye Bye

More for me, Fooled me and 4 other pensioners who know COD from their youth.

I'll inform Tony at Yummy that the Brains Trust has decided they are not selling COD when I tuck into day.

On my next vist to Sausage King for his excellent food I'll advise him to move location for all his time and trouble has been wasted as at least one board member thinks it's out of the way.

And I live on Suthep Rd.

Yes you've convinced me Lamb and Chicken for Brunch ta Marra.

john

Wonder if Brains Trust will Sue the CM supplier ?

Some years ago I used to Booze in BKK with a rep from Diagio who imported COD into Thailand and we dinned on it in Rays Fish & Chip Shop. No shortage in UK but we buy and export and UK gets what is left.

I take it you and apparently sausage king are not big on my idea of a meal consisting of samples of his various products available in the stores.

Personally I thought it would be a great idea. My mistake.

Well. i was put on to this so called cod,by one of my best customer, when i ordered it, they said it's cod, what ever this fish may be, it's bloody good,no mud taste, great consistency and fries well,also great value, it is a definitely a big fish judging by the way it is cut, i am Australian and have no idea about north sea fish,but if it tastes good and people like it, i will stick with it, thanks John, by the way, real good Mr.SK.

• Like 2

Any more info about the donner? Is it going to be proper "elephants leg" style on a skewer with lashings of onions and chilli sauce stuffed into a pitta? Damn, if so, I'm already salivating......

Cheers,

Pikey.

• Like 1

Any more info about the donner? Is it going to be proper "elephants leg" style on a skewer with lashings of onions and chilli sauce stuffed into a pitta? Damn, if so, I'm already salivating......

Cheers,

Pikey.

Yes I am for sure up for a donner. Don't really know the proper ingredients but the ones I get off the food cart here in the Night Bazaar are all chicken and very tasty. He uses two types of sauce on them. Along with onions tomatoes and lettuce. I ask for no lettuce as it is all ready falling apart with the other ingredients. All for 50 baht

• Like 1

For the longest time I was under the impression that it was a source of package products in the markets. Now I see they are promoting a restaurant.

If they are still doing the package thing in the super markets it occurred to me that perhaps a meal at the restaurant made up of samples of the many products would be well worth the trouble to me to get over there and check it out.

I doubt Rob would go to the trouble just to please you in order to "trouble you to get over there and check it out." He's got better things to do with his time. Don't hold your breath.

I see you continue to suffer under the impression that the whole world is like you.

Not true thank God/ Buddha/ Allah

I think a lot of people would be interested in a meal that gives them a sample of all the products available in the supermarket.

Just the other day I was in Rimping and they were handing out about 4 different kinds of products. People appreciate having a taste of a product before they buy it. This way he could satisfy them and make a little money on it.

It in my mind would be a good advertisement for him in promoting his supermarket products.

You should look on google you would be surprised at how many people are not like you.

I doubt Rob would go to the trouble just to please you in order to "trouble you to get over there and check it out." He's got better things to do with his time. Don't hold your breath.

Wow, am I interpreting Hellodolly's response? I read it as it would be worth the trouble to go to Sausage Kings restaurant to try it out! Not really deserving that kind of response.......bah.gif

• Like 1

it has been widely reported that about 70% of fish sold around the world,is not the species

that it is sold as,I would think the only country that you could get Atlantic Cod from in quantity,

would be Iceland, they are the only country that did not fish its waters to death.

I see in Rim Ping they have some true Icelandic Cod , but its very expensive, they also have

some fish that is labeled Atlantic Cod,but its processed in China, and is in fact a type of Cod

from the N.Pacific.

Like a lot of food products in the world today, its not all ways,what its meant to be.

Regards Worgeordie

Yes just ask those eating beef burgers in Europe and a whole host of other beef products.

• Like 1

"I take it you and apparently sausage king are not big on my idea of a meal consisting of samples of his various products available in the stores."

No idea what SK believes on your ideas.

Most, I cannot say all of his meals are available at his place.

The Lamb Tikka is available or has been available in Rimping, mind you I cannot prepare and serve to his high standard.

May I respectfully advise a trip down to his location.

Good Food, cheap prices, well served by excellent staff.

On the Donner front, I was sat there having 2 meals for my brunch, the 2 Kebabs and Rob, SK, asks if I am enjoying my food.

Certainly am sir says I, as I tuck in. Well you might be pleased to know I am hoping to do a Donner Kebab next weekend.

I learned also he has a Tandoori oven and he was saying that if matters work out he might start doing a Tandoori evening or lunch, much will depend on intrest shown by customers.

I know we are lucky to have so many top notch places to eat in CM. Yes there are places that do not deserve to be in business but time should sort them out.

Today I enjoyed my excellent lunch at Yummy, COD and chips or I'm a Dutchman and not an old nacker Brit who grew up on COD when it was Cheap as Chips.

Mid week I had lunch with two CM old hands, down Billy's new place. Same old menue as before, good well prepared food, Billy and staff where their old friendly selves. However I feel he will have problems with his out of the way location.

john

Always happy to discuss Good food and the places to find it.

• Like 2

"I take it you and apparently sausage king are not big on my idea of a meal consisting of samples of his various products available in the stores."

No idea what SK believes on your ideas.

Most, I cannot say all of his meals are available at his place.

The Lamb Tikka is available or has been available in Rimping, mind you I cannot prepare and serve to his high standard.

May I respectfully advise a trip down to his location.

Good Food, cheap prices, well served by excellent staff.

On the Donner front, I was sat there having 2 meals for my brunch, the 2 Kebabs and Rob, SK, asks if I am enjoying my food.

Certainly am sir says I, as I tuck in. Well you might be pleased to know I am hoping to do a Donner Kebab next weekend.

I learned also he has a Tandoori oven and he was saying that if matters work out he might start doing a Tandoori evening or lunch, much will depend on intrest shown by customers.

I know we are lucky to have so many top notch places to eat in CM. Yes there are places that do not deserve to be in business but time should sort them out.

Today I enjoyed my excellent lunch at Yummy, COD and chips or I'm a Dutchman and not an old nacker Brit who grew up on COD when it was Cheap as Chips.

Mid week I had lunch with two CM old hands, down Billy's new place. Same old menue as before, good well prepared food, Billy and staff where their old friendly selves. However I feel he will have problems with his out of the way location.

john

Always happy to discuss Good food and the places to find it.

I am quite sure his food is yummy. At the restaurant.

My interest lies in his products sold in the superstores.

I have never really been satisfied with most of the thaw and nuke type meals.

that is why I was interested in a meal with an assortment of the product in it. I of course I realize that he would be charging a price for it and also make money off of it. I would ask for nothing less.

I do not live right next door to Rob in fact I would have to look it up I have two vague ideas. I use the public modes of transportation or walk. So I am not looking for a drop in any time place for a meal there are plenty of good ones within walking distance. I do eat in a lot and thought it would be nice to sample some of the product first. As is I just don't do those type meals but if I knew it was good before hand I would do them also. Besides the benefit of many samples (at a money making cost to Rob) I believe the meal would be a very enjoyable one. Not sure if I understand the resistance other than it might be an impracticable process for Rob. But that is his thing not any one else's.

With that I leave the topic.

As jonwilly said "Mid week I had lunch with two CM old hands, down Billy's new place. Same old menue as before, good well prepared food, Billy and staff where their old friendly selves. However I feel he will have problems with his out of the way location."

john

Not to wander off topic but I took a cursory glance at Billys new place the other day as I was curious as to the new location and how to find it. Wow, it's a bit difficult to find even with all the signs posted! I don't know what to say. Billy and his wife are really super nice people whom I like very much, and their place is one of my favorites. But I also suspect problems. I truly wish them well.

Edited by elektrified

I see you continue to suffer under the impression that the whole world is like you.

Not true thank God/ Buddha/ Allah

I think a lot of people would be interested in a meal that gives them a sample of all the products available in the supermarket.

Just the other day I was in Rimping and they were handing out about 4 different kinds of products. People appreciate having a taste of a product before they buy it. This way he could satisfy them and make a little money on it.

It in my mind would be a good advertisement for him in promoting his supermarket products.

You should look on google you would be surprised at how many people are not like you.

Well why not go multiple times LOL its only about 99 baht a meal you can afford that cant you :) that way you can sample as much as you like

• Like 1

From Meechok PLaza go over the lights toward Hang Dong there is a massive building project on your left you take a very small turning on the left lots of little signs tied to the post for land and house for sale take that left and head down road and it will bend to the right take the left hand turn, you should see a sausage king sign as you take that left then just head down that road and follow the Sausage king signs.

i MADE A MAP

sk.png

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

COD.

Yummy is B210 for COD & Chips and Monkey Kitchen is B239 for their US East Coast version of Fish & Chips with COD.

john

So, jonwilly, what's the deal?

Cod and Haddock are not widely sold in Thailand because these Atlantic fish are EXPENSIVE to import. Personally, if locally available, I am willing to pay that high price for the real thing once in a while. Same for the "kho-khun" beef - expensive, but delicious!

Yummy Pizza (Tony) has now determined that the nice fish & chips he's added to his menu is not cod, as listed. Is this correct? So what is it?

What about Monkey Kitchen - is it cod, or is it not? I doubt if it's cod, but who really cares?

Big C Hang Dong is now carrying the dreaded Panga Fish, labeling it as "pla sawai" (ปลาสวาย). The Panga Fish has been discussed extensively in another thread on TV Forum.

Happy Dining!

COD.

john

So, jonwilly, what's the deal?

Cod and Haddock are not widely sold in Thailand because these Atlantic fish are EXPENSIVE to import. Personally, if locally available, I am willing to pay that high price for the real thing once in a while. Same for the "kho-khun" beef - expensive, but delicious!

Yummy Pizza (Tony) has now determined that the nice fish & chips he's added to his menu is not cod, as listed. Is this correct? So what is it?

What about Monkey Kitchen - is it cod, or is it not? I doubt if it's cod, but who really cares?

Big C Hang Dong is now carrying the dreaded Panga Fish, labeling it as "pla sawai" (ปลาสวาย). The Panga Fish has been discussed extensively in another thread on TV Forum.

Happy Dining!

It's Pacific Cod processed in China, that's what's on the package, could be horse fish though...lol

• Like 1