Anyone Else Having Tot Internet Problems

AbeSurd

I'm based in central Pattaya and my TOT internet connection has been down all today. Not only that but for some reason the TOT office on Central Road is closed all day. (Did they know I'd have a problem I wonder?) And yesterday there was no connection after mid afternoon.

Anyone else having similar problems?

• Like 1

Had these problems yesterday (Friday)

It seems, they do some "upgrades" on their lines.

Until yesterday, my router synced with 7/0.6 Mbit. Exactly the speed, I payed for.

Now, my router syncs with 10/0.5 Mbit.

Nothing to complain so far.

Live-TV streaming is running since four hours, without any buffering.

Edited by Turkleton

2 bad days here on the East side too. Seems okay today, Saturday.

Phoning 1100 gives you someone who makes out a report and that is about it. They never seem to have any idea what the problem is and rarely try to resolve the problem over the phone.

Mine came back on this morning after not working since Friday.

Calling the 1100 line does help! Most of the time they just take a report if they know there are many outages. Other times they put me through to a technician who can re-set my port on their switch.

The more people who report the faster they can locate the problem for an area.

Frequent disconnects here north of Chiang Mai only since the outage the other week. I can always reconnect immediately though by restarting the computer. Guess my IP address goes stale or something..... If you think you are down, try restarting your computer.

Mine came back on this morning after not working since Friday.

Calling the 1100 line does help! Most of the time they just take a report if they know there are many outages. Other times they put me through to a technician who can re-set my port on their switch.

The more people who report the faster they can locate the problem for an area.

I think I agree. At any rate, calling TOT's 1100 number doesn't do any harm!

At your suggestion I called it this morning about 9am. I got through very quickly to a helpful woman who spoke very reasonable English.

And by the time I got back to my apartment at 3pm, the connection was back on. Hurrah.

sophon cable is the future giggle.gif

ok, really been with them for over 3 years and nothing but praise.

I had TOT for 3 years, many times connection problems and poor service.

Changed to Sophon and that was realy good..

Seldom had problems, but if so..the guys come to fix the same day..

Now my condo changed from Sophon cable TV to TMN cable TV and requested residents to move to that supplyer for internet also..

Even better , faster internet and clear TV too..!

I know this is a local Patters forum, but I think the TOT problems are wider afield. Having lots of problems up here in CM last week (was in UK a month before that, but was generally OK before that). It seems my line has been upgraded from *mb to 10mb (up doubled from 256kb to 512kb) - without any notification, so may be a possible reason (maybe they are merging packages and upping compression in the process?). Any way I am finding that often some sites are not routed to at all- major sites like Google, Bing, and common ones like SourceForge etc - sometimes it is only some of the addresses.

Flushing the buffer sometimes helps (at least to remove the persistancy within the browser where non-routing is temporary).

I also noticed some sites are available from some browsers and not others (which is weired and makes it look local/machine based, but this in on several machines) - even this is not consistant and I found myself flipping between IE9/FF/Chrome with none working on all sites - very strange. Only Safari on my IPad2 seemed happy and Browser on my BB Playbook.

Some FF apps/extensions/add-ons (whatever) keep crashing too (e.g. AmonymoX).

The router is pretty new (this year) and both the Ipad2/Playbook and several BB phones are working fine with their browsers. They are all international sites I notice and some work fine others not (all coming back and then going again).

My thoughts are that there is some problem with their International DNS farm (maybe a faulty server in there somewhere or cabling issue???).

Well, my TOT internet service has been fine since it came back on line on Sunday.

And just now (Tuesday, early evening) I got a call out of the blue from TOT, checking that my internet was now okay.

In my book that's pretty good service. Probably better than I'd get back in the UK.

So, at least for now, after 2-3 years with TOT, I'm still happy with TOT.

• 1 month later...

TOT speed is now down to 0.36 mbit !!!!! I tried to restart modem several times but when I run the speedtest same problem .

I waited 1 minute just to open a news page.

Been like this for 3 hours now.

Edited by balo

• 3 weeks later...

No its not back here, I'm using mobile 3G atm.

And I fear that it will be no signal here before Tuesday, its Coronation Day today and all government offices are closed today and Monday.......

Almost 24 hours now and no ADSL signal on my modem.

I wonder if this is a problem in the whole area , Soi Watboon .

And after my third call to 1100 . they confirmed that the office is closed today and tomorrow because of Coronation day . sad.png

All they did was to report it but nobody is working to solve the prooblem .