Internet At Work...

coldcrush

I use the internet at work and have no restrictions, other than those imposed by the ISP / Thai government.

I'm a little unclear about your query though.... are you asking about restictions set by ISP, or by management? If management, are the restrictions enforced based on rules and honor system, or by firewall?

We have no firewall in the office, but the employees are not allowed to chat... IE MSN Messenger, ICQ, etc. If anyone is caught, it is grounds for instant dismissal.

It's good to be the boss and have a "Do as I say and not as I do" policy. I'm the worst offender... chatting and reading the forum all day long. :o

Being computer/network manager at our facility and managing the firewall I pretty much have no restrictions other then the ones I place on myself (code of ethics and all that) and what bino said regarding the government restrictions and the few CMU filters that are in place.

I also control what's blocked or not (within our enviornment) and don't put many restrictions on my users either except those necessary to keep a secure enviornment. However whenever I walk into a room with someone playing a game, they shut it down real quick. :o

Edited by tywais

I got all blocked: pron, software cracks, ALL free webmail (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc), ALL portal (yahoo, etc), ALL mailing list (yahoogroups, etc). Can't use POP3 to my personal emails, can't telnet outside, can't FTP outside.

The only things that work are office mail by Lotus Notes, google, and some 'good' sites.