Bangkok Traffic Police: Red Light Cameras To Be In Use Again

webfact

Oh how I wish that I could have been one of the bidders. That is a tremendous amount of profit. You don't need graft & corruption when you are already making this much on the contract.

It still reminds me of the states though. The judges would not uphold a ticket, because the driver was never identified, just the car, and you can not put a car in jail. I do not think it is any different here. Can you spot the driver in any car here with the black tinted windows? Just say it wasn't you. Worked in the states very effectively.

Except now here in the states, they ticket the car owner.. however saying that, the ACLU has now got involved and most traffic camera's are now coming down. Something about the camera's not really being legal law enforcement etc, etc. They have taken all the camera's on the highways down here around Phoenix Arizona, and most of the intersections in the cities around Phoenix; mesa, scottsdale, peoria, glendale, etc. now don't have camera's at their interesections anymore. I think it was the case of both the ACLU and the high cost of repairing and maintaining them.. thumbsup.gif

Oh how I wish that I could have been one of the bidders. That is a tremendous amount of profit. You don't need graft & corruption when you are already making this much on the contract.

It still reminds me of the states though. The judges would not uphold a ticket, because the driver was never identified, just the car, and you can not put a car in jail. I do not think it is any different here. Can you spot the driver in any car here with the black tinted windows? Just say it wasn't you. Worked in the states very effectively.

Except now here in the states, they ticket the car owner.. however saying that, the ACLU has now got involved and most traffic camera's are now coming down. Something about the camera's not really being legal law enforcement etc, etc. They have taken all the camera's on the highways down here around Phoenix Arizona, and most of the intersections in the cities around Phoenix; mesa, scottsdale, peoria, glendale, etc. now don't have camera's at their interesections anymore. I think it was the case of both the ACLU and the high cost of repairing and maintaining them.. thumbsup.gif

Seems to be a movement among our Congressmen to eliminate them nationwide now. They are finding cameras have not reduced accidents to extent they originally believed. They now have found adding a few seconds to the timing of the lights does a better job. Drivers have more time to react and clear intersections. At least that's the theory.

The company that won the auction for the camera fixing will fix cameras in 30 intersections for the cost of 8 million baht

So that will be the revenue of 3 days at those intersections if all offenders are ticketed.

I recall when they did a a test for 30 days at 10 intersections several years ago they had 77.000 pictures

Hi tech way to steal your money. The Thai "traffic" cope (and that's a joke in its self !) are only interested in finding ways to stick their filthy robbing hands in your window and extracting your hard earned !! This will only help the cause !! No road law here only the law of cash !

In addition to this, they have recently installed permanent speed cameras on the Ekamai-Ram Inthra expressway, going both ways.

They are here: http://goo.gl/maps/8yFNz

They look just like Gatsos

I notice there isn't any markings on the road to help identify which car in which lane was travelling at whatever speed. I guess they'll just ticket every one in the frame to cover all possibilities. The North bound camera has been flashing regularly for a few weeks now. I notice the South bound has only been installed over the last couple of weeks or so.

Nowadays there is often a Policeman dressed in a Military camouflage cape operating with a laser camera as well.

My wife tells me I won't get a ticket unless I'm exceeding 125 kmh, which I don't rely upon too much. However I did receive a 1,000 Baht fine in the post from the laser showing me at 126 kmh, so perhaps she is right!

It's a bit of a shame really as that Freeway has been one of BKK's best kept secrets for ages as it used to carry little traffic and Police presence was non existent.

Yeah, the north bound camera flashed a few weeks ago when I went past at 170+ at 4AM in the morning. No ticket yet.

It does get plenty of traffic during the day and evening now. I don't dare go over 120.

I did get an on the spot ticket on the eastern ring heading north 4 weeks ago. 700 baht for 163. Should have been 900.

Wonder why you got 1000 for 126.

Fancy admitting driving at those sort of speeds, what are you!

I wonder what happened when they made the registered owner responsible for the car instead though and forgot about who the driver was, just to pay for the photo of course? Sounds like a gold minecheesy.gif

In addition to this, they have recently installed permanent speed cameras on the Ekamai-Ram Inthra expressway, going both ways.

I notice there isn't any markings on the road to help identify which car in which lane was travelling at whatever speed. I guess they'll just ticket every one in the frame to cover all possibilities. The North bound camera has been flashing regularly for a few weeks now. I notice the South bound has only been installed over the last couple of weeks or so.

Nowadays there is often a Policeman dressed in a Military camouflage cape operating with a laser camera as well.

My wife tells me I won't get a ticket unless I'm exceeding 125 kmh, which I don't rely upon too much. However I did receive a 1,000 Baht fine in the post from the laser showing me at 126 kmh, so perhaps she is right!

It's a bit of a shame really as that Freeway has been one of BKK's best kept secrets for ages as it used to carry little traffic and Police presence was non existent.

Yeah, the north bound camera flashed a few weeks ago when I went past at 170+ at 4AM in the morning. No ticket yet.

It does get plenty of traffic during the day and evening now. I don't dare go over 120.

I did get an on the spot ticket on the eastern ring heading north 4 weeks ago. 700 baht for 163. Should have been 900.

170+ kilometres per hour??

That wasn't a speed camera that flashed as you flew past, it was the Royal Thai UFO Detection System you triggered.

Beam me up Scotty. No intelligent life in BKK.

170+ kilometres per hour??

That wasn't a speed camera that flashed as you flew past, it was the Royal Thai UFO Detection System you triggered.

Beam me up Scotty. No intelligent life in BKK.

I was building up speed.