Wildtrack 3.2L Ford Ranger 2013 Wanted

good morning everyone, i have ordered a wildtrak 3.2l ford ranger colour white and automatic here in Phuket more then 12 months ago and still no delivery they actually cannot even give me a delivery date.... i am willing to pay more then the new car price to jump the que and take someones spot. i saw this happen about 2 weeks ago from another person advertising this but i was too late to send a message. if there is anyone that wishes to sell their spot in the que for a premium please let me know soonest i am willing to take a vehicle anywhere in thailand and truck it to phuket. many thanks

I think you will struggle with this Wayne as all the rest of us are in the same position as you but first things first I would email Ford HQ in Bangkok stating you are not happy with the wait and lack of information from the dealer....I have personally been offered a 2.2 WT instead of of the 3.2 we ordered several times now and if I was desperate I would have taken that but since kicking off with my local Ford and going to see another dealer we have been offered 3.2's but in the wrong colour so we are hanging on for the one we really want.

If you have been waiting for a year like we have you should be able to get some idea of where you are on the waiting list from the dealer and once you find that go around other dealers and get them playing off each other all you really need is your deposit paperwork as it seems Ford dont care where you ordered from so long as you are on the waiting list, that is what we did and it finally got some movement from our local dealer who also gave us a date of delivery by the end of April or free tax and insurance paid if not

Going to see the other dealer was really beneficial as they are the ones that first offered us a black 3.2 WT a few days ago and both them and the original dealer have also said they will have white delivered later this month so it gets them working, from my point of view I would much rather pay the new dealer than the Pattaya one but they now know we will pay the first to deliver....

Edited by mark131v

I think you will struggle with this Wayne as all the rest of us are in the same position as you but first things first I would email Ford HQ in Bangkok stating you are not happy with the wait and lack of information from the dealer....I have personally been offered a 2.2 WT instead of of the 3.2 we ordered several times now and if I was desperate I would have taken that but since kicking off with my local Ford and going to see another dealer we have been offered 3.2's but in the wrong colour so we are hanging on for the one we really want.

If you have been waiting for a year like we have you should be able to get some idea of where you are on the waiting list from the dealer and once you find that go around other dealers and get them playing off each other all you really need is your deposit paperwork as it seems Ford dont care where you ordered from so long as you are on the waiting list, that is what we did and it finally got some movement from our local dealer who also gave us a date of delivery by the end of April or free tax and insurance paid if not

Going to see the other dealer was really beneficial as they are the ones that first offered us a black 3.2 WT a few days ago and both them and the original dealer have also said they will have white delivered later this month so it gets them working, from my point of view I would much rather pay the new dealer than the Pattaya one but they now know we will pay the first to deliver....

Will e-mailing Ford HQ in BKK really achieve anything - i doubt it!

• Like 1

It did for us as they rang up the Pattaya branch after my rant and all of a sudden after nothing at all we started getting phone calls and some explanations so you would be wrong in your assumption..... that is the beauty of actually doing stuff rather than listening to all the nay sayers on here

• Like 1

It did for us as they rang up the Pattaya branch after my rant and all of a sudden after nothing at all we started getting phone calls and some explanations so you would be wrong in your assumption..... that is the beauty of actually doing stuff rather than listening to all the nay sayers on here

Wonders will never cease.

But still no vehicle??

After all this time it should probably be clear to everyone that 3.2L Rangers are vapourware... you don't need too many hands to count how many have been delivered in Thailand, and you also don't need to be Einstein to figure out that there's obviously some very serious production issues at play.. Franky I'd be too scared to buy one now - better to let someone else be the lucky 1.1M Baht beta tester....

• Like 1

After all this time it should probably be clear to everyone that 3.2L Rangers are vapourware... you don't need too many hands to count how many have been delivered in Thailand, and you also don't need to be Einstein to figure out that there's obviously some very serious production issues at play.. Franky I'd be too scared to buy one now - better to let someone else be the lucky 1.1M Baht beta tester....

I thought they shipped them to Australia in great numbers?

Ford shipped a total of 18,000 units to Australia in 2012, and have moved another 3,000 or so since. No breakdown on 2.2L vs 3.2L, but either way since it's initial launch in late 2011, Ford Thailand's total Ranger T6 production throughput has remained very low - in grand total about equal to 3 weeks of Thai-made Hilux assembly lines...

It would be interesting to know what the real issue is with the 3.2L Ranger production. Ford is not trying that hard with the 2.2L version either. Apparently even the Mazda BT50 outsold Ford Ranger by some margin in 2012, despite it's looks.

Late last year, Ford announced plans to increase and upgrade dealers in Thailand through 2013.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Ford-to-increase-showrooms-to-140-by-end-of-2013-30193952.html

Sounds like a good plan, but if Fiesta sales ease with the end of the new car rebate, what are they going to sell?.

Wonders will never cease.

But still no vehicle??

You dont read so well do you...I turned down a black 3.2 WT last week as I dont want to compromise at this stage, you are correct we are still waiting for the colour we ordered but dont worry I will let you know when we get It

Edited by mark131v
  • Like 1

You dont read so well do you...I turned down a black 3.2 WT last week as I dont want to compromise at this stage, you are correct we are still waiting for the colour we ordered but dont worry I will let you know when we get It

Jai lai just for you again mate is that clear enough for you???

It would be interesting to know what the real issue is with the 3.2L Ranger production. Ford is not trying that hard with the 2.2L version either. Apparently even the Mazda BT50 outsold Ford Ranger by some margin in 2012, despite it's looks.

Late last year, Ford announced plans to increase and upgrade dealers in Thailand through 2013.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Ford-to-increase-showrooms-to-140-by-end-of-2013-30193952.html

Sounds like a good plan, but if Fiesta sales ease with the end of the new car rebate, what are they going to sell?.

Yes, it would be interesting to know.... Normally, production lines are scheduled well in advance and the unit throughput rate is dead accurate - but it appears Ford have a production problem so bad they can't even provide an estimate accurate to within 12 months(!)

Something just isn't working right...

It appears all the quality effort went into the initial engineering, but ended pretty much there.

• Like 1

Thanks.

If you're that desperate for one, accept the offer irrespective of colour and have it resprayed for about 40K with the colour of your choice.

I am not that desperate if I was I might have taken the 2.2 4x4 a few weeks ago or the Black 3.2 the other week or the White later this month, I can wait till I get back from work in April so it makes zero difference to me but thanks for the advice.....

Yes, it would be interesting to know.... Normally, production lines are scheduled well in advance and the unit throughput rate is dead accurate - but it appears Ford have a production problem so bad they can't even provide an estimate accurate to within 12 months(!)

It appears all the quality effort went into the initial engineering, but ended pretty much there.

What type of issues could be causing such a backlog? From what I hear, there are not many issues with existing owners of WT 3.2 (maybe the rust?). Could it be that the thai production workers have a big issue with mounting this truck? Or are there so many QC issues post-production, before release of the built models?

What type of issues could be causing such a backlog? From what I hear, there are not many issues with existing owners of WT 3.2 (maybe the rust?). Could it be that the thai production workers have a big issue with mounting this truck? Or are there so many QC issues post-production, before release of the built models?

Well, they are able to produce & deliver 2.2L Wildtraks, so from that we can assume the issues are related to the 3.2L Engine (or indeed the gearbox when coupled to the extra torque), or the few extra accessories the 3.2L version comes with (we can exclude the airbags from that though, as export models get the full set).

My bet goes on the engine/AT though - if it was a problem with other accessories and the engine/AT combo was fine, surely they'd release a 3.2L XLT version to plug the gap in their range...

We ordered our 3.2 WT black 4x4 August and was promised delivery the end of Feb. but now the sales man is never

available to take a call ( we in Europe). But I am in Thailand at the end of the month and I will have a face to face with

him for what ever that will be worth.

We ordered our 3.2 WT black 4x4 August and was promised delivery the end of Feb. but now the sales man is never

available to take a call ( we in Europe). But I am in Thailand at the end of the month and I will have a face to face with

him for what ever that will be worth.

August 2011 or 2012? :D

Ford shipped a total of 18,000 units to Australia in 2012, and have moved another 3,000 or so since. No breakdown on 2.2L vs 3.2L, but either way since it's initial launch in late 2011, Ford Thailand's total Ranger T6 production throughput has remained very low - in grand total about equal to 3 weeks of Thai-made Hilux assembly lines...

To keep those 18,000 units in some sort of perspective, the Auto Alliance factory in Rayong has an annual manufacturing capacity of around 85,000 units ONLY. That is 85,000 units of ALL the models assembled there that includes Rangers and Fiestas. The Australian market always was the primary market for the 3.2 version.

Well, they are able to produce & deliver 2.2L Wildtraks, so from that we can assume the issues are related to the 3.2L Engine (or indeed the gearbox when coupled to the extra torque), or the few extra accessories the 3.2L version comes with (we can exclude the airbags from that though, as export models get the full set).

My bet goes on the engine/AT though - if it was a problem with other accessories and the engine/AT combo was fine, surely they'd release a 3.2L XLT version to plug the gap in their range...

Subscribe to one of the Ranger forums in Australia.

Yes, there's a waiting list. Apart from the floods hitting local parts suppliers to the Rayong factory, we all know why (see my previous post re- Rayong plant capacity). They are investing $27 million to increase the output to nearer 100,000 units per annum but that won't impact current deliveries.

No, there are no 3.2 engine/AT problems.

The 2.2 was intended to serve the bulk of Thai demand with 3.2 targeted for the workmans truck in Australia and New Zealand.

To keep those 18,000 units in some sort of perspective, the Auto Alliance factory in Rayong has an annual manufacturing capacity of around 85,000 units ONLY. That is 85,000 units of ALL the models assembled there that includes Rangers and Fiestas. The Australian market always was the primary market for the 3.2 version.

Auto Alliance's pickup truck production capacity is 175,000 units/year: http://www.autoalliance.co.th/en/about_worldwide.php

Passenger cars have a further 100,000 units/year capacity.

Edited by IMHO

So we can read even more speculative posts from the general public? wink.png It's almost a full-time job just making corrections on the Thai forums I visit, LOL :D

Edited by IMHO

So we can read even more speculative posts from the general public? wink.png It's almost a full-time job just making corrections on the Thai forums I visit, LOL biggrin.png

You are right about that!

I stand corrected on the AAT output. If I recall correctly, the 85,000 units was my 'guesstimate' of all Rangers churned out through late 2012 (approximately 1-year), extrapolated from numerous news articles about the new plant and booming Ranger and BT-50 sales being quoted last summer. Yes, it is ALL speculation when you have a multi-model production facility. If I recall, the existing, older part of the plant spits out Rangers, BT-50's and Everest's and the much touted new bit of the plant does the Fiesta and Mazda 2's & 3's. However, their website doesn't mention the all-new Focus which according to Ford's August 2012 press release, stated it would be assembled in Rayong as well.

There still isn't any evidence of mechanical or QC issues with the 3.2 or the associated A/T. The local, OWNERS forums in Thailand would indicate any production or quality issues pretty quickly over here so not a stretch to assume the Aussie OWNERS would be quick to complain if there was a serious issue. I find it hard to believe that there's a pool of incomplete 3.2's sitting in Rayong waiting to be sorted properly. I think they just did their sums wrong regarding the build ratio of 2.2 versus 3.2 and local demand for the latter. Mazda seems to have benefited by having big-engined BT-50's readily available for Thailands roads as they never targeted the macho Aussie market. With that styling job, how could they!?

According to http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2012/12/30/world-10-months-2012-discover-the-top-185-best-selling-models/ Ford sold 105,000 Rangers from Jan - Oct 2012 (#155).

Presumably these are mostly T6 Rangers as the US Ranger died in Dec 2011. So the Rayong plant capacity appears reasonably utilised assuming T6 production has not started in South Africa yet. The references to Ford manufacturing the T6 and the 3.2L Duratorq engine South Africa I looked at were not clear, e.g. http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=34848

Maybe Ford got their production forecast wrong, understandable considering the low sales level of the earlier model. Mazda do not seem to have dropped the ball as badly with better pickup sales % increases in both Thailand and Australia last year, despite the BT-50's looks. It would be interesting to know how the production capacity distibution is determined between Ford and Mazda.

The Focus is also built in Pluak Daeng but at a completely different site which was just opened last year. The first group of Focus customers were given a tour of the site

Thanks for that correction; the assumption from the press releases indicated that the expansion was all on one site but we now appear to have two sites in Pluak Daeng, Rayong Province.

So we can read even more speculative posts from the general public? wink.png It's almost a full-time job just making corrections on the Thai forums I visit, LOL biggrin.png

You are right about that!

I stand corrected on the AAT output. If I recall correctly, the 85,000 units was my 'guesstimate' of all Rangers churned out through late 2012 (approximately 1-year), extrapolated from numerous news articles about the new plant and booming Ranger and BT-50 sales being quoted last summer. Yes, it is ALL speculation when you have a multi-model production facility. If I recall, the existing, older part of the plant spits out Rangers, BT-50's and Everest's and the much touted new bit of the plant does the Fiesta and Mazda 2's & 3's. However, their website doesn't mention the all-new Focus which according to Ford's August 2012 press release, stated it would be assembled in Rayong as well.

There still isn't any evidence of mechanical or QC issues with the 3.2 or the associated A/T. The local, OWNERS forums in Thailand would indicate any production or quality issues pretty quickly over here so not a stretch to assume the Aussie OWNERS would be quick to complain if there was a serious issue. I find it hard to believe that there's a pool of incomplete 3.2's sitting in Rayong waiting to be sorted properly. I think they just did their sums wrong regarding the build ratio of 2.2 versus 3.2 and local demand for the latter. Mazda seems to have benefited by having big-engined BT-50's readily available for Thailands roads as they never targeted the macho Aussie market. With that styling job, how could they!?

False statement. Check the aussie sales figures on the BT-50.