The Cheapest Thai Language School For The Sake Of Avoiding Visa Run

Hi all,

How much is the cheapest Thai language school ( especially in Bangkok ) for the sake of avoiding visa run in order to stay in Thailand for 1 year legally ?

I am looking for school that offer basic Thai language to survive in Bangkok.

Website ?

Many thanks

Not sure what school would be least costly.

You could click on Walen's advert on right side of this page. They offer different hours of study that reduces the cost.

You will need to make trips to immigration every 90 days for an extension (1900 baht) plus 90 day reports.

remember that at each extension the Immigration Officer might talk to you in Thai to make sure you understand basic sentences and are actually attending classes, they also check with the schools attendance records.

The paperwork supplied by the schools for extensions have something akin to a report card rating you on listening, speaking, writing, participation, attendance etc. I could actually read mine so I know what I'm talking about. It's not the wild west anymore, as a general rule, immigration actually requires you to attend classes these days. I have never had an immigration official speak to me in Thai even after I spoke to them in Thai when applying for an extension. Everyone learns at a different pace so a person's ability to use Thai after a few months will vary greatly, which renders an immigration spot test useless. They are not there to test you but are there to enforce Thai immigration law (unless of course you've got too much attitude and tick somebody off...hahaha). 100 hours is not a "full" time course so that cannot help you get an ED Visa. The minimum for the first year is 180 hours which can be taken at any pace as long as it winds up in one calendar year. As someone said, check with Walen and Pro Language (the school I went to in CM), you'll pay anywhere from 23,000 to 25,000 baht for 180 hours. You can get cheaper but, the paperwork the "real" schools supply is well worth the money. A cheap school just wants your cash and may, or may not do the paperwork properly, and if there is a problem, (like me not getting a 90 day report receipt during one extension appearance) they will fix it professionally for you. Obtaining my ED Visa in Vientiane was a breeze and the extensions in CM went through like they were preordained. You get what you pay for.

You need to talk to the schools, there is more than one that offer 2x classes per week, set up for the people that want to lean Thai like me but not the reading and writing, To learn Thai is a full time job with my memory without trying to try to learn spoken, reading and writing all at the same time..

No cheaper, but no problem not attending the reading and writing part of the lessens

There is also one in BKK that offer classes and you pay every 6 months, you need to pay again in month 5 to get the paperwork for your extension at Immigration for month 6 and 9.. and can do this for 3 years on the same ED Visa

Not sure what school would be least costly.

You could click on Walen's advert on right side of this page. They offer different hours of study that reduces the cost.

You will need to make trips to immigration every 90 days for an extension (1900 baht) plus 90 day reports.

You have to extend it every 90 days but there is no 90 day reporting for education-visa anymore (at least at jomtien).

The last 3 or 4 times I only had to make the extension (with the documents the school provides for you)..

No matter what visa you have i believe you have to notify the authority once every 90 days.
Few people i know go to a school called Kent Language school...i heard the rates are affordable and they say the guy who handles all the legal work for the students is very resourceful and friendly....let me know if need contact details

remember that at each extension the Immigration Officer might talk to you in Thai to make sure you understand basic sentences and are actually attending classes, they also check with the schools attendance records.

Last time I did my 90 day reporting, the immigration officer raised his voice to one person who was doing something (dunno visa, extension etc) saying loudly "why must we do this in English. You have been here many years already". He sent her back to wait, then did my 90 days. Hhe was perfectly polite, and spoke in English to me - but I am NOT on an edu visa, but I wondered if the person who was shouted at was.......

No matter what visa you have i believe you have to notify the authority once every 90 days.

Few people i know go to a school called Kent Language school...i heard the rates are affordable and they say the guy who handles all the legal work for the students is very resourceful and friendly....let me know if need contact details

A person with a visa would be leaving every 90 days or less. Only those that have extensions of stay (not a visa) have to make 90 day reports.