Approved Courses And Medicals In Thailand

jonnyscot

.... OGUK is two years, OLF is one year after age 50, except once a few years ago they make a mistake and gave me two, thought I was on a winner but first audit back on the ship it was spotted and I was forced to go again after 12 months.

I have obtained 2-year validity OLF's from an approved doctor in Aberdeen twice since I turned 50. They run concurrent with the OGUK and NOGEPA ones.

I do recall that around the time UKOOA morphed to OGUK, they introduced a 1-year validity for the over 50's but it was rescinded within a year as medical evidence at that time didn't suggest the need for increasing the screening. The latest OGUK guidelines are still vintage 2008 though so things may be due for a revamp! My other posts indicate that the broad general recognition of different 'North Sea' medicals is up for review (by the Norwegians anyway) in 2014.

Okay, thanks for that, although I don't rate my chances of bringing Dr Vatana Supromajakr at Bunrumgrad into line with Aberdeen as he is working to regulation 1309 of 19 October 2001 as amended in 2007 which states in section 5

"The health certificate shall be valid for two years. Health certificates issued to persons under 18 or over 50 years of age or to employees under 21 years of age serving on fishing vessels shall be valid for one year".

I am fairly sure what is happening here has been the difference you refer to in your posts between the various countries, and UK has been giving two years, as it was Dr Lisa Mackie at Abermed in Aberdeen who gave me two years in 2008 same as the OGUK and ENG 1 when I was 56 and should have only got one year on the OLF

Interesting post for finding out reasons for things happening five years after the event !!!

Did my OGUK & OLF with 2 separate doctors at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya for 8900 baht last Saturday morning. Started at 8am and done by 11am... it was BUSY so a mid-week slot may have been faster. The OGUK has 2-year validity and the OLF has 1-year validity (I am over 56). Now they are out of bloody sync!

• 2 weeks later...

Did my OGUK & OLF with 2 separate doctors at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya for 8900 baht last Saturday morning. Started at 8am and done by 11am... it was BUSY so a mid-week slot may have been faster. The OGUK has 2-year validity and the OLF has 1-year validity (I am over 56). Now they are out of bloody sync!

So you can definitely get an OGUK medical at BHP now as opposed to going to Bangkok? That's good news. Any particular doctor?

• 3 months later...

Seems the Thai price for medicals is 50% higher than doing it in the UK , I did UKCOA and Noggy OLF medicals at gatwick for £120 , 3 months ago , that 5500 baht oh and valid for 2 years even though i am 54 .mind you they are no longer valid in Abudhabi you have to do the local bullshit medical that even a dead man could pass after paying twice .its a scam off course but the companies pay and you sit in the hotel for 3 days on full pay

Falck Nutec bangkok is a good facility , also used the middlesboro one and IDESS in Subic prices are all much the same ..

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

Has anybody got any recent updates and prices for OGUK or it's Noggi counterpart through Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, is the OGUK still good for 2 years if your under 50? looking to get it done when I am next home in June so any new information gratefully received...cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Time for the OGUK medical has rolled around again and after 3 certs from Dr Vatana in Bumrungrad I thought I'd give Dr Nawin down in Bangkok Rayong a shot as it's closer to home. It did not happen though, Dr Nawin has moved on to greener pastures apparently and there is no replacement doing the OGUK medicals in his stead.

After searching the OGUK's Doctors List, on which here are now 10 Doc's registered to do the medicals in Thailand, I decided to give the guys at Samitivej Sriracha Hospital a try as again, they are closer to home. That was till they told me their price - 11800 B. ( Their trouble is they do all the tests, they don't realise the OGUK is a very basic medical)

So I ended up back at Bumrungrad, where Dr Vatana charged 3570 B for his trouble. In and out in an hour and 15 minutes. Professional service at a fair price.

• 1 year later...

I'm currently doing the OGUK Medical at Samitivej Hospital...THB 13,500 

Note: a few of thr Drs listed on the OGUK Website are now longer 'there'. 

It's a bit more extensive than a UKOOA one I did at Vibhavadee Hospital a few years ago which involved a few check-boxes on a photocopied page for 1600 baht. 

This one is similar to My last O&G  medical at the Twin Towers medicsl clinic in Malaysia, but no where near up to the standard of the MCU I take each year at bumrungrad for my own piece of mind (not rated for work offshore even though it's far more extensive).

• 5 months later...

Just had the Norwegian Maritime medical carried out by Dr Vatana Supromajakr at Bunrumgrad hospital in BKK. Cost was 5600 Baht. Was there by 0900hrs and away by 11:10, with chest x-ray, hearing test etc. completed. Left with 2yr medical, I am 61 yrs old.

Hope this is helpful.

• 3 months later...

Just had the OGUK medical carried out by Dr Vatana Supromajakr at Bamrungrad Hospital in BKK. Cost was 3750 Baht. Was in there before my  09:00 appointment and away by noon... but I took a break to go and have coffee and croissants after the audiometry tests as the 12-hour fast was killing me. Another 2 year certificate. I am older than Mrs NL likes to think.

Hope this is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 3:59 PM, NanLaew said:

Just had the OGUK medical carried out by Dr Vatana Supromajakr at Bamrungrad Hospital in BKK. Cost was 3750 Baht. Was in there before my  09:00 appointment and away by noon... but I took a break to go and have coffee and croissants after the audiometry tests as the 12-hour fast was killing me. Another 2 year certificate. I am older than Mrs NL likes to think.

Hope this is helpful.

Excellent info thanks. Same price I paid a couple years ago. Would like to renew but need a job first! Not sure why richard_smith237 paid 13500 at the other place but I'll go back to Bamrungrad when time comes.

Archived