Blogger Richard Barrow Tweets Pic Of Corrupt Thai Official

george

Oops, Richard Barrow will never ever need a tax document again. He will not get an extension of his work permit and otherwise he will soon be in some kind of other trouble and that for a lousy 1000 THB

You actually have absolutely no backup for your statement.

Whilst corruption may be common the brazen type suggested here is certainly not everyday and it would be premature to assume this guys boss or workmates would or could defend him let alone that there would be some sort of linkup between taxation and immigration.

• 6 years later...
On 3/11/2013 at 10:31 PM, moe666 said:

Do not you realize this officers family wwill now starve on his regular salary

I have spent some time in Singapore - It was explained to me that one of the key reasons that you have so little corruption in Singapore was because from the inception of Singapore the government made a deliberate policy of paying the civil service and the police above what was normal at the time to enable a comfortable life - That mixed with a good pension and very strict anti corruption measurement have ensured the very low level of corruption you have in Singapore.      

13 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

I have spent some time in Singapore - It was explained to me that one of the key reasons that you have so little corruption in Singapore was because from the inception of Singapore the government made a deliberate policy of paying the civil service and the police above what was normal at the time to enable a comfortable life - That mixed with a good pension and very strict anti corruption measurement have ensured the very low level of corruption you have in Singapore.      

and I thought because they really fought against the corruption

and look at them now ... the most prosper, cleanest, safest, ...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Government officers are paid well enough and get early retirement free health care and good pensions. The reason for low corruption in Singapore was that if caught the penalties were real and not worth the risk. Here they can get away with it, nobody ever seems to lose their jobs.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2013 at 1:02 AM, Basil B said:

Very good point, but what will the UK government's representatives in Thailand do to assist those who refuse to pay???

555555 and who in UK will prosecute you ?  That statement is something that a PLC should worry about when they do multi million deals with a foreign government ......

Edited by rvaviator

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Government officers are paid well enough and get early retirement free health care and good pensions. The reason for low corruption in Singapore was that if caught the penalties were real and not worth the risk. Here they can get away with it, nobody ever seems to lose their jobs.

.... are you saying that accounting for the cost of living .. the pay is the same in Thailand and Singapore?

6 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

and I thought because they really fought against the corruption

and look at them now ... the most prosper, cleanest, safest, ...

But also a rather boring place ???? .....   Not a place I would want to live in ... but yes it has many things going for it from a 'western' perspective ...

To some degree i found that Malaysia was a 1/2 way house ... 555 ... between Singapore and Thailand ...  But all in all, I rather spend my time in Thailand ???? .