Anti-government Rally Thread 13-25 March

Jai Dee

The Northeasterners ARE beginning to protest... AGAINST Thaksin... on their home turf:

....about 100 anti-Thaksin protesters from Rajabhat Udon Thani University

I bet that's got Thaksin really worried and wanting to flee the country. You can get 100 northerners, that you don't even know, to come to your house if you open a bottle of whiskey. :o

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't there 300+ in sa Keaw a couple of weeks ago?

Together with the 100 in Udon that makes a truly overwhelming majority of 400 anti Thaksin protesters in Isaarn. Very impressive success of the PAD in carrying their cause upcountry indeed.

The Northeasterners ARE beginning to protest... AGAINST Thaksin... on their home turf:

....about 100 anti-Thaksin protesters from Rajabhat Udon Thani University

I bet that's got Thaksin really worried and wanting to flee the country. You can get 100 northerners, that you don't even know, to come to your house if you open a bottle of whiskey. :o

Apparently it troubled him enough to flee out some side-door at the airport... even though his supposed "supporters" outnumbered the protestors 10 to 1. Quite similar to his sneaking in and out of Government House in Bangkok. I think Thaksin scares quite easily, hence his beliefs in all that magic elephant wand voodoo junk.

Weren't there 300+ in sa Keaw a couple of weeks ago?

Together with the 100 in Udon that makes a truly overwhelming majority of 400 anti Thaksin protesters in Isaarn. Very impressive success of the PAD in carrying their cause upcountry indeed.

And the number of pro-Thaksin supporters rallying in the South is how many?? :o

Apparently it troubled him enough to flee out some side-door at the airport... even though his supposed "supporters" outnumbered the protestors 10 to 1. Quite similar to his sneaking in and out of Government House in Bangkok. I think Thaksin scares quite easily, hence his beliefs in all that magic elephant wand voodoo junk.

It might also be that Thaksin is surrounded by hords of secret service bodyguards who will have their own security protocols regarding confrontations with Thaksin opponents, or better, evading them in such a charged political atmosphere.

These agents are generally not known to take too many chances.

Even Elvis left the building by a side door. Just ask yourself "What would Thaksin gain by a confrontation?". The answer is nothing. What would the Press put on the front page? A picture of Thaksin's car being hit by 3 guys with "Get Out" signs, that's not the photo op image that the PM wants to project. If you are in an election campaign you don't have to put yourself in a compromising position.

Thaksin may well have snuck into government house, I wasn't there I don't know, but his supporters see it as strength standing up to the protesters or business as usual for him. The perspective you have on all these situations depends on the spin doctor you happen to be listening to.

It might also be that Thaksin is surrounded by hords of secret service bodyguards who will have their own security protocols regarding confrontations with Thaksin opponents, or better, evading them in such a charged political atmosphere.

These agents are generally not known to take too many chances.

Yes, he has bodyguards, but they aren't secret service... Thailand doesn't have one. So no "agents," either. :D

Guess we should drop the moniker, Fearless Leader, tho'...

:o

Edited by sriracha john

Yes, he has bodyguards, but they aren't secret service... Thailand doesn't have one. So no "agents," either. :o

I hope the smily indicates that you mean that in jest.

Thaksin's bodyguards are secret service agents. If you ever get close to Thaksin you will know that for a fact, i can assure you.

Thailand, by the way, has a very well developed network of intelligence agencies.

huh?

In the Census of 2000 the South had a population of 8,057,518 or 13.3 per cent.

That is a minority as the whole of Thailand has a population of over 65 million people.

More clear now?

555 ... got it they are a Minority so can be disregarded ......

then there's the west .... they are a minority so may be disregarded .... oh and the South East? .... oi!

an amazing level of arrogance there don't you think?

Edited by jdinasia

Even Elvis left the building by a side door. Just ask yourself "What would Thaksin gain by a confrontation?". The answer is nothing. What would the Press put on the front page? A picture of Thaksin's car being hit by 3 guys with "Get Out" signs, that's not the photo op image that the PM wants to project. If you are in an election campaign you don't have to put yourself in a compromising position.

Thaksin may well have snuck into government house, I wasn't there I don't know, but his supporters see it as strength standing up to the protesters or business as usual for him. The perspective you have on all these situations depends on the spin doctor you happen to be listening to.

I think he would gain some dignity and respect by acknowledging the supporters that came out to see him.

But you're right.... dignity and respect mean "nothing" to him.

Do you think the 10 to 1 ratio of supporters to protestors would have allowed any untoward actions by the protestors? Is that because his supporters aren't really supportive and getting involved in a fracas isn't worth a few hundred baht?

I will agree that perspectives vary and depend on motivations.... I would imagine "not willing to rock the boat" is a rather strong one.

555 ... got it they are a Minority so can be disregarded ......

Nops, they can cast their ballots like everybody else.

Or are 50 million Thais of the other regions to be disregarded just because you or me might be agreeing with the predominant opinions of the 13 million?

huh?

In the Census of 2000 the South had a population of 8,057,518 or 13.3 per cent.

That is a minority as the whole of Thailand has a population of over 65 million people.

More clear now?

How are you defining the "South".... you shouldn't only count the Deep South...

What's the southernmost TRT elected party MP? How far south has Thaksin campaigned?

What's the population of the South from Chumphon on down?

Yes, he has bodyguards, but they aren't secret service... Thailand doesn't have one. So no "agents," either. :o

I hope the smily indicates that you mean that in jest.

Thaksin's bodyguards are secret service agents. If you ever get close to Thaksin you will know that for a fact, i can assure you.

Thailand, by the way, has a very well developed network of intelligence agencies.

Do you have a URL that describes the Thailand Secret Service or the ministry it falls under?

Edited by sriracha john

How are you defining the "South".... you shouldn't only count the Deep South...

What's the southernmost TRT elected party MP? How far south has Thaksin campaigned?

What's the population of the South from Chumphon on down?

This is the population of the whole Southern region according to the Population and Housing Census 2000, "from Chumpon down".

[

I think he would gain some dignity and respect by acknowledging the supporters that came out to see him.

I didn't say that.. You did..

Do you think the 10 to 1 ratio of supporters to protestors would have allowed any untoward actions by the protestors?

I have no idea what the situation assessment was I was not there, were you? You cannot guess a situation maybe they were ready to throw rocks at each other. There was over a 10-1 ratio of Iraq's to Americans and we all know which group got slaughtered. Numerical advantage does not guarantee a win if a confrontation breaks out.

I will agree that perspectives vary and depend on motivations.... I would imagine "not willing to rock the boat" is a rather strong one.

Your misquote is from a group I belong to and has nothing to do with my views any more than groups you belong to should be dragged into the conversation. If you have to sink to that level to try and make a point, so be it.

Do you have a URL that describes the Thailand Secret Service or the minstry it falls under?

That would somehow defeat the purpose.

If you don't trust my statement based on sufficient personal experience, i can only advise you to go to a Thaksin speach and try to get close to him. Well, if you can make it beyond the first security wall of normal police.

If you hang out long enough in some sensitive locations in the border areas you will get to know about that issue rather easy as well - they will approach you.

[

I didn't say that.. You did..

Do you think the 10 to 1 ratio of supporters to protestors would have allowed any untoward actions by the protestors?

I have no idea what the situation assessment was I was not there, were you? You cannot guess a situation maybe they were ready to throw rocks at each other. There was over a 10-1 ratio of Iraq's to Americans and we all know which group got slaughtered. Numerical advantage does not guarantee a win if a confrontation breaks out.

I cannot "guess" the situation, but it's ok for you to "guess" there would signs banging on the PM's car??

Your misquote is from a group I belong to and has nothing to do with my views any more than groups you belong to should be dragged into the conversation. If you have to sink to that level to try and make a point, so be it.

Isn't the group, "your" group and not just something you "belong" to? If it's "your" group, "your" website, how do you disassociate from it on this website? How does one differentiate their opinons so succintly?

Why shouldn't it be addressed? If you make it your signature, it bears relevance. Same as the groups I belong to in my own signature. If to enlighten others as to your motivations is considered under-handed in some manner, so be it.

Do you have a URL that describes the Thailand Secret Service or the minstry it falls under?

That would somehow defeat the purpose.

If you don't trust my statement based on sufficient personal experience, i can only advise you to go to a Thaksin speach and try to get close to him. Well, if you can make it beyond the first security wall of normal police.

If you hang out long enough in some sensitive locations in the border areas you will get to know about that issue rather easy as well - they will approach you.

An entire agency/department exists that isn't mentioned anywhere on the web?

Gosh, that is secret.

I'm certainly not disputing he has personal bodyguards, just contending there isn't a Secret Service in Thailand.

Isn't the group, "your" group and not just something you "belong" to?

The answer to that would be, NO. I was involved since the beginning,Yes

If it's "your" group, "your" website, how do you disassociate from it on this website?

I am the webmaster and I donate Web space and bandwidth, other members donate other things. Originally we were served off 2 independent servers from 2 independent people. We lost the use of the other server so I made up the space on mine. Decisions are made by the organization management, of which I am a member, Yes and who I will not discuss here.

If to enlighten others as to your motivations is considered under-handed in some manner, so be it.

You don't have to enlighten people to my motives John any more than I have to enlighten them to yours, they can figure them out on their own. The people on this board are bright enough to make a decision on their own and sort out all the opposing views be it mine, yours or someone else's. A lot of people read these posts but do not post, could it be they don't all agree with either of us.