Anti-government Rally Thread 13-25 March

Jai Dee

Minister Yongyut says protesters are unfair

The Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, Mr. Yongyut Tiyapairat (ยงยุทธ ติยะไพรัช), stated that the current political crisis arose from misunderstanding of the changing nature of the world, and has opened a hotline service at 1310 to address the issue.

Mr. Yongyut added that the protester's side of the story was one-sided. He has also set up a 24 hour hotline 1310 to address any questions the public might have on the issue.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 17 March 2006

Will Minister Yongyut's "hotline" also give updates on how his wife is doing in prison, now that she's been convicted and sent away for almost 4 years???

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how Jai Dee missed this.

Sorry mate... :D

I do try to get as much of the local sources and newsfeeds posted... but I am human... have go sleep sometimes... occcasionally go to the toilet... etc... and sometimes miss things.

Thanks for posting it.

:o

Prime minister says he's the symbol of democracy

20003025-01.jpg

Supporters of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra watch a performance during their rally at Bangkok's Chatuchak Park yesterday.

Caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday compared his election campaign to a fight to save democracy from rotting and insisted he would not surrender but stand his ground against the "outlaws".

"If we want the country run democratically, I'm the symbol of democracy," Thaksin told thousands of supporters during a campaign stop in Kanchanaburi.

The April 2 election is judgement day if the people want to see the outlaws overcome those who play by the rules, he said.

"If my Thai Rak Thai Party receives fewer votes than the number of abstainers plus votes for smaller parties, I will not accept the premiership. I respect the people's decision in that respect," Thaksin told the crowd.

He gave a similar promise during the TRT rally at Sanam Luang on March 3 after three former opposition parties said they would boycott the election and encouraged voters to follow suit, which risks turning the election into a farce.

Thaksin is on "exile trips" to campaign in provinces with no plan to return yet to Government House, now besieged by thousands of protesters pressuring him to quit and take "political leave".

Key TRT members such as Suriya Jungrungreangkit, Wattana Muangsuk and Sermsak Pongpanich were with the premier in Kanchanaburi.

In the afternoon Thaksin visited a site shown in the film "King Naresuan", where about 200 people greeted him.

"I've been under the weather today, but the sight of all of you puts me on the road to recovery," he told the crowd.

The country has to play by the rules, otherwise the prime minister will be ousted by outlaws, no matter how many millions of votes he gets, Thaksin said.

"I won't let them destroy our democracy," he said. From Kanchanaburi Thaksin headed to Ratchaburi and the next leg of his campaign.

Source: The Nation - 18 Mar 2006

That link goes somewhere else.

Internet Live coverage on ASTV (Windows Media Player:)

mms://broadcast.manager.co.th/11news1

or http://broadcast.manager.co.th/11news1

Or copy and paste into your Windows Media player:

56K:

mms://broadcast.manager.co.th/11news1?wmcontentbitrate=56000

120K:

mms://broadcast.manager.co.th/11news1?wmcontentbitrate=120000

350K:

mms://broadcast.manager.co.th/11news1?wmcontentbitrate=350000

550K:

mms://broadcast.manager.co.th/11news1?wmcontentbitrate=550000

No movements from PM supporters in Chatuchak have yet taken place

Supporters of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra have yet to start any movement since morning, with activities only comprising breakfast and resting.

Supporters of the premier are still situated in Chatuchak Park, but today have yet to hold speeches or related movements. The group had a joint breakfast, and some strolled along Chatuchak Park while others gathered in small groups to engage in politics talk.

Policemen are still providing tight security, while speeches by leaders of the group will commence at 6 pm this evening.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 18 March 2006

Democrat Party staged public address in Trang last night attended by around 30,000 people

The Democrat Party's public address in Trang last night, attended by as many as 30,000 people, was carried out by many core Democrat figures, with the majority of the speeches attacking the administration of the Thai Rak Thai Party and Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Last night's address by the Democrat Party was the first after the dissolution of parliament on February 24th. The Democrat Party has so far made clear its intention of not running in this election and has been explaining its decision to people in many provinces.

Trang Province is considered a Democrat Party’s stronghold, and the birthplace of former party leader Chuan Leekphai (ชวน หลีกภัย), who for many years received overwhelming support from the Trang people.

Last night's speech started at 6 pm, with Democrat Party Leader Aphisit Wetchacheewa (อภิสิทธิ์ เวชชาชีวะ), Democrat Party Chief Advisor Chuan Leekphai (ชวน หลีกภัย), among several other prominent figures of the party taking turns on stage to make speeches clarifying the its decision not to field candidates and attacking the works of the government and what they claimed were not transparent conducts of Dr. Thaksin in the sale of Shin Corp shares without paying tax.

Democrat Party Secretary-General Suthep Thueksuban (สุเทพ เทือกสุบรรณ) last night also accused prominent figures in the Thai Rak Thai Party of being behind the hiring of people to run against Thai Rak Thai Party itself for the upcoming April 2nd election.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 18 March 2006

Good morning, Heng. What do you think is more important to the country, overall: whether the gold and jewlery people's gross revenue has a momentary slump, or whether the people of Thailand prove that they can non-violently protest against a government with which they strongly disagree?

I'll take the protests any day. Hey, you should have seen me in front of Shell Oil building in Houston, protesting against Papa Bush's Gulf War. Maybe you saw me!

And congratulations, so far, to the government itself, for not calling out the water cannons against the protestors, for not successfully planting agents provacateurs among the crowd, and to the police in Bangkok for allowing the protests to continue.

Morning, PB. More weighted questions please. :o How about what's more important to the country... the remaining supply of Pepsi Max at your local Tesco-Lotus, or the scarcity of service centers for old Ford Mustangs?

Seriously though, it's just as important that the government can prove that they can remain non-violent against daily road block tactics in the city center; and who's to say that the opposition can't employ 'agent provacateurs' ? Violence looks much worse for the gov't than it does for the opposition, and both sides know this. Sure, they should be heard, but they can just as easily be heard in the National stadium or perhaps on any university campus to show their numbers, with a smaller crowd of speakers in front of the palace. Or perhaps they can camp out along one of the high traffic/high visibility expressway toll booths if they merely want to show their solidarity and voice their opinions. Why do they need to show their solidarity while disrupting other folks everyday lives (not mine, as I'm in Pratunam and Bangkapi, but for regular folks living around there, I'd imagine the nonstop Lalapalooza Luk Tung concert would be somewhat annoying)?

edit: note, this goes equally for both sides: the crew camping out in the Royal Plaza and now the pro-PM club clogging up Chatuchak today (which actually may affect me slightly, although in a round about sort of way).

:D

Edited by Heng

Minister Yongyut says protesters are unfair

The Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, Mr. Yongyut Tiyapairat (ยงยุทธ ติยะไพรัช), stated that the current political crisis arose from misunderstanding of the changing nature of the world, and has opened a hotline service at 1310 to address the issue.

Mr. Yongyut added that the protester's side of the story was one-sided. He has also set up a 24 hour hotline 1310 to address any questions the public might have on the issue.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 17 March 2006

Will Minister Yongyut's "hotline" also give updates on how his wife is doing in prison, now that she's been convicted and sent away for almost 4 years???

A bit off topic here, but this is what sri-john is referring to:

Yongyuth's wife convicted in making false poll charge

The Chiang Rai Provincial Court Friday found a ministerial spouse Salakchit Tiyapairat guilty for raising a false charge against a local politician in 2004.

Salakchit, wife of caretaker Natural Resources and Environment Minister Yongyuth Tiyapirat, was sentenced to serve the jail term of three years and nine months, pay a Bt75,000 fine and have her voting right revoked for 10 years.

Following the verdict session, she sought and received Bt500,000 bail pending the appellate review in 30 days.

The litigation ensued after a fierce contest between Salakchit and rival candidate Ratana Chongsutthanamanee for a position of chairman of Chiang Rai Provincial Administrative Organisation.

Weeks before the balloting day, Salakchit, who was seeking her re-election bid, accused Ratana of vote-buying. The Election Commission dropped her charge on grounds of lack of evidence.

After her election victory, Ratana sued Salakchit.

The court invoked the local elections law to penalise Salakchit.

Cut and pasted from today's Nation.

It says that she is out on bail pending appeal. Does anyone want to bet that she won't actually spend any time behind bars?

Just read that one of the key speakers from the ant-thaksin group was assaulted earlier today. Maybe there's not press coverage of assaults or hostage taking commited by the anti-thaksin group, but there seems to be coverage the other way around.

Protest leader assaulted

A vice president of Provincial Electricity Authority worker union was assaulted by three men early Saturday morning after joining the anti-Thaksin rally in front of Government House.

Kittichai Saisa-ard, 43, field complains with police that three men assaulted him while he was walking to the Royal Hotel at 4 am after speaking in criticism of Thaksin at the rally site.

He said the three men arrived on two motorcycles and used sticks and stones to beat him.

He said he tried to cover his head so he suffered severe injuries over his arms and hands.

source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=20003039

I'm busted; that Heng knows me too well. Yeah, the new Tesco Lotus in Hua Hin is learning fast that I go through those 1.25 liter bottles of Pepsi Maxx at four per day; Heng could have warned them.

And I sold the 1972 Mustang convertible when my son and I kept crashing it too often, in 1995, around New ChinaTown. If Heng saw me driving that old battle-scarred ragtop around Houston then, he probably thought I was lower class or worse, not some high commander of the IRS.

Great pics Bulmercke. I took a trip down there today looking for some more VCDs but the place that sells them wasn't open until 6 PM. I saw Chamlong SriMuang there in the Santi Asoke Area; He was quite accessible. There were about 4 other farangs wandering around among the Thais. It was way to hot to do much. That was at 12noon. Anyways, it should be busy again tonight as many people are off tomorrow.

KHUN THAKSIN THE 'BLOCKHEAD'

You must have seen parties of Blockheads

With blotched and lagered skin

Blockheads with food particles in their teeth

What a horrible state they're in

They've got womanly breasts under pale mauve vests

Shoes like dead pigs' noses

Cornflake packet jacket, catalogue trousers

A mouth what never closes

You must have seen Blockheads in raucous teams

Dressed up after work

Who screw their poor old Eileens

Get sloshed and go berserk

Rotary accessory watches

Hire-purchase signet rings

A beauty to the bully boys

No lonely vestige clings

Why bother at all about Blockheads?

Why shouldn't they do as they please?

You know if it came to a brainy game

You could baffle a Blockhead with ease

How would you like one puffing and blowing in your ear-hole?

Or pissing in your swimming pool?

Bigger brained Blockheads often acquire

Black and orange cars

Premature ejaculation drivers

Their soft-top's got roll-bars

'Fill her up,' they say to Blockheads

'Go on, stick it where it hurts'

Their shapeless haircuts don't enhance

Their ghastly patterned shirts

Superior as you are

You're thoughtful and kind with a well-stocked mind

A Blockhead can't think very far

Imagine finding one in your laundry basket

Banging nails in your big black dog

Why should you care what they do?

Cos after all is said and done

You're a Blockhead too

Blockheads

Blockheads

Blockheads

(oi oi)

Blockheads

(oi, oi)...

With grateful thanks to the late Great Ian Drury !

Edited by Hermano Lobo

Taxi driver dumps fare after talking politics

Discussing politics with a taxi driver during the present political crisis can land people in hot water, as one young man discovered recently. The man, who requested anonymity, described how he was dumped by a taxi driver in front of the Mall on Ngam Wong Wan road following a discussion about politics.

After expressing his preference for the resignation of caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the driver took offence as a staunch supporter of the embattled premier. ''I wondered whether what happened was to do with something else besides politics. I tried to be upbeat and wondered if the driver may have got lost or was too lazy to take me home,'' he said.

An accountant at a media firm described how she had trouble getting a taxi to drop her near the anti-Thaksin rally at Sanam Luang.

''When I asked some drivers to drop me somewhere near Sanam Luang and Ratchadamnoen avenue, they said 'not if you're going to join the rally','' she said.

''One driver finally agreed to take us to the rally, but once we had got in the vehicle he began cursing the rally. The conversation was getting more and more intense until the driver finally told us to get out,'' she said.

The public has been warned of possible problems following reports that taxi drivers generally favour Mr Thaksin and had played a role in organising rallies in his support aimed at countering those pleading for his resignation.

Shinawat (interesting name :o ) Habunphad, a taxi rental operator, says about 30,000 drivers support Mr Thaksin.

He says the drivers who have joined his campaigning in support of Mr Thaksin and the April 2 election came from four taxi associations _ the Airport Taxi Cooperatives, meter taxis based at Mor Chit 2 (the northern bus station), Bangkok Taxi and Profit Protection for Taxi (more interesting names :D).

Mr Shinawat assured the public that his group would avoid any confrontation with protesters from the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) near Government House and would not venture from Chatuchak park, where they are rallying, until the election.

He said he had not heard of any heated rows between taxi drivers and passengers. (he should given a free copy of the Bangkok Post then)

''This is a tough period for taxi drivers since we have to listen to passengers talking politics all day. I would say nearly every passenger getting in my car wants to discuss the political situation,'' he said. go figure, huh?

To avoid conflict, Mr Shinawat said he considered passengers' opinions to gauge which side they were on. ''I'm always on the same side as my customers, whether they are pro- or anti-Thaksin,'' he said. '' This helps ensure a smooth ride and keeps tempers at bay,'' he said.

smartest words used yet, Mr. Shinawatra.... errrr, I mean Mr. Shinawat.

- BP

Edited by sriracha john

Defense Minister indicated that the government is not ruling out offers for reconciliation with opposition forces.

Acting Defense Minister General Thammarak Issarangkul na Ayudhaya (ธรรมรักษ์ อิศรางกูร ณ อยุธยา) indicated that the government is not ignoring offers for reconciliation with opposition forces, but said that the government has to consider everything based on reasons.

General Thammarak said that he is concerned about the current political situation, as violence is more likely and social division will deteriorate. However, he commented on offers by many parties that the government and the protestors sit down and settle differences but the government appeared to ignore the proposals that the government has to consider every issue based on reasons. He said that sometimes the government’s proposals were not accepted by the protestors.

However, General Thammarak refused to give details as he is not the negotiator. He said that many groups insist that the government must take a step back and follow one-sided proposals to end the current conflicts; however, he said that he is uncertain that doing so will bring peace back to the country.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 20 March 2006

DPM Chidchai said the book “Stop the Thaksin Regime” will be examined

Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister Chidchai Wannasathit (ชิดชัย วรรณสถิตย์) indicated that the book “Stop the Thaksin Regime” will be inspected, as the government fears it will disrupt social order.

General Chidchai commented on the police’s confiscation of the book entitled “Stop the Thaksin Regime” written by Bangkok senator Kaewsan Atipo (แก้วสรร อติโพธิ) and academic Kwansuang Atipo (ขวัญสรวง อติโพธิ), which criticizes the Prime Minister’s performance as the premier, that the police are inspecting whether the book follows the Act on Publishing and whether it will disturb social order. He said that he will leave the matter to related officials, as he has not read the book in details and cannot give out opinion.

General Chidchai said that he is concerned about the demonstration and this year’s Thai Red Cross Fair, as the protestors and the organizers can settle differences on the place, but the protestors and tourists visiting the fair can cause traffic congestion or clashes.

PNET has demanded the three representatives to withdraw their condition before the begining of the debate session

The People’s Network for Elections in Thailand (PNET) has requested the three sides, including the government, the Opposition, and the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD), to jointly discuss and seek ways to dissolve the current political situation without any condition. The PNET has also demanded the groups to allow press members to observe the discussion.

The PNET Chairman, Pol. Gen. Saiyud Kerdpol (สายหยุด เกิดผล), and its coordinator, Mr. Somchai Srisuttiyakorn (สมชัย ศรีสุทธิยากร), have set Ban Manangkasila (มนังคศิลา) as the place for holding this debate session. The debate, began at 10.00 hours, was attended by representatives of the groups, including Government Spokesperson Surapong Suebwonglee (สุรพงษ์ สืบวงศ์ลี), Mr. Sathit Wongnongteoy (สาทิตย์ วงศ์หนองเตย), a representative from the Opposition, and a representative from the PAD, Mr. Suriyasai Saksila (สุริยะใส ตักศิลา).

Before the session commenced, a PAD coordinator, Mr. Somchai Srisuthiyakron (สมชัย ศรีสุทธิยากร), has informed that the equipments for the debate session have already been set, while telling the representatives to withdraw their conditions for the negotiation.

Personal Comment: if anyone can make sense of that particular bulletin, please post your interpretation here... I'm really having problems working it out... :o

Defense Minister indicated that the government is not ruling out offers for reconciliation with opposition forces.

Acting Defense Minister Generally reasonable Thammarak Issarangkul na Ayudhaya (ธรรมรักษ์ อิศรางกูร ณ อยุธยา) indicated that the government is not ignoring offers for reconciliation with opposition forces, but said that the government has to consider everything based on reasons.

General Thammarak said that he is concerned about the current political situation, as violence is more likely and social division will deteriorate. However, he commented on offers by many parties that the government and the protestors sit down and settle differences in a reasonable manner, but the government appeared to ignore the proposals that the government has to consider every issue based on reasons. He said reasoned that sometimes the government’s proposals were not accepted by the protestors because of reasons.

However, General Thammarak refused to give details as he is not the negotiator, only a reasonable person. He said that many groups insist that the government must take a step back and follow one-sided proposals to end the current conflicts which is unreasonable; however, he said that he is uncertain that doing so will bring peace back to the country within reason.

A very reasoned article...

PNET has demanded the three representatives to withdraw their condition before the begining of the debate session

The People’s Network for Elections in Thailand (PNET) has requested the three sides, including the government, the Opposition, and the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD), to jointly discuss and seek ways to dissolve the current political situation without any condition. The PNET has also demanded the groups to allow press members to observe the discussion.

The PNET Chairman, Pol. Gen. Saiyud Kerdpol (สายหยุด เกิดผล), and its coordinator, Mr. Somchai Srisuttiyakorn (สมชัย ศรีสุทธิยากร), have set Ban Manangkasila (มนังคศิลา) as the place for holding this debate session. The debate, began at 10.00 hours, was attended by representatives of the groups, including Government Spokesperson Surapong Suebwonglee (สุรพงษ์ สืบวงศ์ลี), Mr. Sathit Wongnongteoy (สาทิตย์ วงศ์หนองเตย), a representative from the Opposition, and a representative from the PAD, Mr. Suriyasai Saksila (สุริยะใส ตักศิลา).

Before the session commenced, a PAD coordinator, Mr. Somchai Srisuthiyakron (สมชัย ศรีสุทธิยากร), has informed that the equipments for the debate session have already been set, while telling the representatives to withdraw their conditions for the negotiation.

Personal Comment: if anyone can make sense of that particular bulletin, please post your interpretation here... I'm really having problems working it out... :o

not sure Jai Dee... it's not very reasonable. Perhaps Acting Defense Minister General Thammarak Issarangkul na Ayudhaya should become involved.

DPM Chidchai said the book “Stop the Thaksin Regime” will be examined

Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister Chidchai Wannasathit (ชิดชัย วรรณสถิตย์) indicated that the book “Stop the Thaksin Regime” will be inspected, as the government fears it will disrupt social order.

General Chidchai commented on the police’s confiscation of the book entitled “Stop the Thaksin Regime” written by Bangkok senator Kaewsan Atipo (แก้วสรร อติโพธิ) and academic Kwansuang Atipo (ขวัญสรวง อติโพธิ), which criticizes the Prime Minister’s performance as the premier, that the police are inspecting whether the book follows the Act on Publishing and whether it will disturb social order.

Under the 1941 Printing and Advertisement Act, the Royal Thai Police Special Branch issues warnings to publications for various violations such as disturbing the peace, interfering with public safety, or offending public morals. I guess Khun Chidchai also interprets "disrupting social order" as falling into one of those categories.

International Press Institute take on the "Act":

Without eradication of the archaic anti-free press laws; in particular, the 1941 Printing Act and the 1995 Radio and Television Act, the government can continue to harass journalists working in both private and public establishments.

International Federation of Library Associations take on the "Act":

Another even more discouraging fact is that the Printing Act does not apply to printed materials produced by the government.

The Committee to Protect Journalists is an independent, international, nonprofit organization founded in 1981 take on the "Act":

Lawmakers have failed to make any commitment to repeal the 1941 Printing Act, an outdated and unconstitutional law that allows authorities to close media outlets.

Reporters Without Borders take on the "Act":

Gen. Tritot Ronnarittivichai, head of monitoring distribution of publications, ordered the banning and seizure of an issue of the Far Eastern Economic Review (FEER) magazine on 7 January 2002, saying that its issue dated 10 January contained an article that could disturb public order and public morality and which violated the 1941 Publishing Act. Copies of the magazine were seized and the prime minister announced at the same time that legal experts were seeing whether it could be sued for libel.

The National Press Council, the Thai Journalists’ Association and the Confederation of Thai Journalists collective take on the "Act":

In a joint statement, they called for an amendment of the 1941 Printing Act, saying it was the main obstacle to press freedom in Thailand.

PAD confident of ousting Thaksin before election

549000004398301.JPEG

Rajamangala Institute of Technology students joined the anti-Thaksin rally and marched behind an image of King Taksin near Government House yesterday.

Voicing their confidence that the mission to oust caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra would be accomplished before the election on April 2, the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) said yesterday that they would not resort to extreme actions but rather persist with their guerilla tactics.

Suriyasai Katasila, a founding member of PAD, dismissed the possibility that the alliance would engage in any action in an attempt to hasten Thaksin’s departure, insisting that the proliferation of knowledge and commitment to non-violence are attracting more people to their cause.

The public demonstrations spearheaded by PAD, a coalition of various civic organizations, academics, student groups, artists and intellectuals, have entered their fourth week but remain in a temperate mood.

Launching into their rally on February 26, PAD escalated its demonstrations throughout the weeks until last Tuesday when more than 100,000 people joined the march to Government House. Since then, thousands of core PAD members have camped outside Government House, while urban supporters daily join the rally after dusk.

Over the weekend, Sondhi Limthongkul, a core PAD leader, announced that the alliance will resume its urban guerilla war against Thaksin with a march en masse along Silom Road on Tuesday and on Thursday will march to the Finance Ministry and the Public Relations Department.

In the course of the past two weeks, PAD staged several large-scale marches to the Singaporean embassy and the Stock Exchange of Thaland, which they claim are involved in raising Thaksin’s power through the manipulation of shares and his family’s sale of shares in Shin Corp to the island-state’s government-owned investment arm, Temasek Holdings.

Political tension rose during that period as Thaksin insisted he would never resign while numerous third parties tried to intervene in an attempt to resolve the political impasse.

The People’s Network for Elections is one of the more vocal groups proposing a debate among PAD, the caretaker government and the opposition parties that have boycotted the general election, on national television before the April 2 election.

After an agreement on the terms of the debate failed to be reached last Friday, PAD felt that guerilla tactics were the only option left.

“I do not think that a solution by third parties can be attained after the P-Net talks failed,” Suriyasai said. “We will now carry out guerilla warfare tactics until our objectives are achieved.”

According to Suriyasai, although several sectors of society have become weary of the ongoing political turmoil, PAD will continue with its non-violent protest. “We have insisted that our struggle will not reach a breaking point intentionally,” he said.

“We have prepared for a strategic fight that will drag on because we are fighting with someone who has tremendous power. Endurance and tolerance are key elements in our fight.”

“I think that the fight may be over within two weeks,” Suriyasai said. “If the election on April 2 goes ahead, then the country will be trapped completely in a political dead-end that has no way out,” he added.

“And when that day comes, Thaksin will not have a chance to make any amends for his actions anymore.”

Source: ThaiDay - 20 Mar 2006

:o What a great statesman and avowed Buddhist is Toxin..his comments in Bangkok Post telling Chamlong to go look after his stray dogs, and ...who in the hel_l asked them to rally...well that says it all about the nastiness of this individual...vitriolic spewings from the mouth of one who considers himself fit to govern the Kingdom..He is now ranting like an uncontrollable, uncouth, disrespectful, loutish, power drunk yobbo...who needs him?? :D dukkha