Three Arrested For Trying To Move 65.8 Kgs Of Heroin From Thailand To Malaysia

webfact

Most likely pure coincidence this note from 2013-03-13:

"During the Skype meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung's face dropped when Thaksin criticised his anti-drug measures saying they were not good enough. "During my time, I had the police run a tight ring; there was checking and rehabilitation so they do not use or sell drugs again,'' he said."

If he follows Thaksin's example while still utilizing his own photographic preferences, there will start to be pictures of him pointing at corpses rather than apprehended mules.

Doesn't look like heroin in the spoon. You wouldn't see a substance, once it's mixed with water.

What bugs me more is that they'll "burn" all that stuff and all in a sudden it will be sold by..aeehhh forgot by whom.--coffee1.gif

Heading for Malaysia. Final destination was?

Plenty of heroin users in Malaysia. e.g. 60 kilos seized in 10/2012 from a shop that was a front for heroin dealing. In 2006 it was estimated more than 22k users in Malaysia. After a bag snatch in Malacca last year, the police told me their is also a large increase in street crime due to YaBa users.

>That's a lot of smack and taking it into MY means a death penalty......

They were arrested in Thailand . . . en route to Malaysia

Thanks for the correction. What I don't get is why didn't they allow them to pass into MY and get the death penalty? Greased palms or increased arrest count for the BiB's?

Edited by Para

Thanks for the correction. What I don't get is why didn't they allow them to pass into MY and get the death penalty? Greased palms or increased arrest count for the BiB's?

Thailand has the death penalty for possessing more than 25 grams of heroin.

At 65,800 grams, they are a smidgen over the limit.

wink.png

Edited by Buchholz

Probably came from Afghanistan.

Here is a video of the heroin plant, the Poppy growing in Afghanistan

You are probably 90% correct cheesy.gif

I believe most likely from a neighboring country like Burma or Laos which, btw, have been increasing the production lately.

This is a huge bust , bigger than the most well known big time heroin bust, the French Connection bust , which was 112 pounds, in 1962,

The French Connection bust was very famous but not that big at all. For example, the biggest heroin bust so far this year in Afghanistan has been around 23 tonnes.

And for the hang'em high brigade talking about how bad drugs are, the dealers ruining people's life and other nonsense: Nobody forces any user to take drugs, the dealer offers an illegal product to interested buyers and he is there only because there's demand. I say legalize all drugs, get taxes from it and let the users have access to a controlled quality production.

Way offtopic.gif . .......................................coffee1.gif

I hope they feel the full brunt of Thai law. These sort of people are the lowest of lows.

What makes them any lower than paedophiles, rapists, or the sl..me-bag pointing his finger at them ?

One needs to look at the bigger picture. If those drugs hit the streets, then how many lives do they destroy ? How many people will die as a result of OD's ? How much extra crime is commited to feed an addicts habit ? Such as armed robbery and murder .How many mothers and fathers see their lives and savings going down the drain when one of their children is addicted ? It doesn't discriminate. Men, women, children. Not to mention the drain on resources and funds to deal with such problems. The list is never ending.

Sure, paedophiles, rapists etc etc are very unsavoury grubs but the sheer volume of people that these drugs effect is astonishing and can never be understated.

• Like 1

Thailand has the death penalty for possessing more than 25 grams of heroin.

At 65,800 grams, they are a smidgen over the limit.

wink.png

Maybe but look at the numbers executed here in TH compared with MY......

Actually hang on I need to find an article about some one.

This guy was nicked in 2009 but is home in Norway already after being busted with 40g's of smack. Sure as a foreigner he would never of received the death penalty but he didn't even get life in prison commuted after 8 years.

Norwegian Volunteer Police Arrested In Pattaya For Drugs Dealing

pic11527.jpg

Pataya, September 3,[PDN]: On the 3rd September 2009, John Johansen, an ex member of the Pattaya Foreign Police Volunteers, was arrested by police, charged with drugs and firearms offenses.

The 39 year old Norwegian was arrested in a sting operation organized by Police Lieutenant Colonel Somsak Nongpong, Deputy Superintendent of The Office of The Narcotic Control Board and his team. At the time of his arrest Johansen had in his possession 40 grams of heroin, and a .38mm gun with 10 bullets. Police also confiscated his Honda motorbike, reg. no. 283 Chonburi. Johansen, a long time (10 years) resident of Pattaya, was arrested at the El Paso restaurant located at 124/49-51 Moo. 10, South Pattaya, Nongprue.

Johansen has been operating a company providing visa, work permit and translation services in soi 13, besides running “Ingos” bar on Pattaya’s third road with a partner.

p5.jpg

p158.jpg

Police revealed that he had been supplying drugs to foreigners using his position in the Volunteer Police as a cover. He claimed he knew many police officers in Chonburi and bragged that no one would want to make a problem for him. At 7:30 pm today (3rd September) the editor of PDN was notified by

Mr. Howard Miller, the leader of the Volunteer Tourist Police, that Johansen had been sacked from his team about 6 months ago because it was

discovered he had a dark past. Johansen has now been taken to the office of Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further processing.

p158.jpg

Pattaya Foreign Police Volunteer

charged with drugs and firearms offenses.

Johansen had in his possession 40 grams of heroin

a .38mm gun with 10 bullets

he had been supplying drugs to foreigners using his position in the Volunteer Police as a cover.

cheesy.gif

great publicity for a funny group.

Maybe but look at the numbers executed here in TH compared with MY......

Actually hang on I need to find an article about some one.

This guy was nicked in 2009 but is home in Norway already after being busted with 40g's of smack. Sure as a foreigner he would never of received the death penalty but he didn't even get life in prison commuted after 8 years

He did even less time than that. But...then again, he was innocent of possessing 40 grams of heroin, so it doesn't really count. biggrin.png

John M. Johansen lived a good life with his wife and son in Pattaya, Thailand. But the world collapsed when he was accused of drug crimes and sentenced to over 16 years in Thai prison.

On 26 September 2012 – after three years and 22 days – he was deported back to Norway. Without warning, he was taken out from his cell to the court room where the judge read him the acquittal.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/12207.html

As for narcotic traffickers, there have been executions in Thailand. In 2009, two of them were fatally injected.

Meanwhile, in Singapore... for drug mules, like this thread's case...

Singapore scraps mandatory death penalty for drug couriers

9 July 2012

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/09/singapore-scrap-mandatory-death-penalty-drug-couriers

Johansen has now been taken to the office of Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further processing.

of his bank accounts to ensure swift deliverance from said "small" problem issue..

it took three years, but it got him a full acquittal.

Johansen has now been taken to the office of Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further processing.

of his bank accounts to ensure swift deliverance from said "small" problem issue..

it took three years, but it got him a full acquittal.

But the Thai public prosecutor is preparing to appeal his acquittal.

All that good product that won't reach the final consumer, what a tragedy :(

more busts means less offer and price increase and more crime in the end. The war on drugs is a lost cause, there will always be idiots ready to destroy their lives with hard drugs

Plenty of heroin users in Malaysia. e.g. 60 kilos seized in 10/2012 from a shop that was a front for heroin dealing. In 2006 it was estimated more than 22k users in Malaysia. After a bag snatch in Malacca last year, the police told me their is also a large increase in street crime due to YaBa users.

Is the police that control the dealers in malaysia , just people that has a deal with police there, and the right share of money can do it ..

Is the police that control the dealers in malaysia , just people that has a deal with police there, and the right share of money can do it ..

I'd love to see some proof of that . . . do you have any?

• Like 1

I have to say the Malaysian police I dealt with were very courteous & professional. As my iPhone was also stolen they actually tried to call AIS in Thailand to put a block on outgoing calls. They drove my wife & I back to our hotel. We were the only civilians at the police station & they apologised on the behalf of the Malaysian people for our experience. The three police who helped us were good people.

• Like 2

I have to say the Malaysian police I dealt with were very courteous & professional. As my iPhone was also stolen they actually tried to call AIS in Thailand to put a block on outgoing calls. They drove my wife & I back to our hotel. We were the only civilians at the police station & they apologised on the behalf of the Malaysian people for our experience. The three police who helped us were good people.

Same - in our four years here we've only had positive experiences with the police. I was pulled over once for talking on the phone while driving (that was my last time, too) and the cop let me off with a warning to please not do it again as it impairs driving skills. Yes, he said please.

Naturally this was all in English.

They were quite helpful when my wife started getting threatening phone calls from one of her degree students - they sorted it out quick smart. Came to our home, took off their boots before entering and had a cup of tea.

I'm sure - and I've been told - some cops take tea money, but I have never experienced it.

So yes, some proof would be nice . . . anything? No? tboy?