Aftermarket Horns/air Horns?

Almera

I'd like a loud after market horn for my CBR250.

Something easy that is like a plug and play. Just connect it up. (ie, no having to fill a canister with air for it.)

Does anybody know shops (x-speed, k-speed, SP320 etc. etc.) that have them for around 500-1000b?

I remember seeing them on some forum for around 500 baht somewhere.

I have twin trumpet air-horns on the PCX which are well hidden. Just not enough room for the 5 trumpet tunes version I so wanted!

Compact air-horns are easy to fit. When I had the CBR250r I fitted them but they weren't hidden.

The big name is Stebel, but there are cheaper copies.

post-63954-0-18460500-1363185759_thumb.jpost-63954-0-29238600-1363185778_thumb.j

• Like 1

Have one very similar. Found on ebay.

I have twin trumpet air-horns on the PCX which are well hidden. Just not enough room for the 5 trumpet tunes version I so wanted!

Compact air-horns are easy to fit. When I had the CBR250r I fitted them but they weren't hidden.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture4.jpgattachicon.gifCropperCapture2.jpg

• Like 1

Where did you get them?

Ant decent car accessory/parts shop. Loud horns are everywhere.Simple electric ones are about 500 baht and very loud. Get out from behind the keyboard, get on the bike and ride around a bit. As you neglected to tell us where you are it is difficult to lead you to a place. If I wanted to buy some more I could leave my desk and have a set in my hand in about 20 mins by going 3 stops on the BTS and walking a couple of hundred metres.

Edited by VocalNeal

Where did you get them?

The Stebel compact fitted to my pick-up I bought over about 4 trips back, got it on ebay.

The ones fitted to the PCX I bought over about 4 trips back, got them new unused in a local op shop in Oz.

The ones still in my suitcase, the Stebel compact and the even louder Korean knock-off....ebay!

Check ebay traders as a lot of them will deliver to Thailand. Don't forget the insurance, you may need it.

This is what i want for the pick-up. The real deal.

post-63954-0-86810600-1363277519_thumb.j

But if you have a bike with pannier bags you could probably fit them up. biggrin.png

Just be aware though, if you p!ss someone off with your stupid load airhorns they can and will run you off the road.

Size of vehicle rules....we are at the bottom of the food chain here.

Saw it in Laos last week with a mate, the truckie went crazy and tried to kill a riding buddy for blaring his nice new Stebel airhorn at him.

• Like 2

Well using airhorns in an appropriate manner is something strange for Thai's. They do get a bit ruffled when you surprise them with something they don't expect or understand, or don't like, or you did it before them, etc.

And I agree motorcycle riders are down the bottom of the totum pole so you need to be 100% vigilant all the time....and own a handgun.

Don't worry, I've been riding bikes in Bangkok (and around Thailand) for 5 years already. My 2 year old bike has 50k+ km on it already.

I'm well aware of Thais and their 'delicacies'. biggrin.png

Edited by Almera

I got one installed on my Versys for 450thb. Brand is Bosch, snail shape horn, and it is loud enough for me. Similar to the sound of a loud car horn.

I got it from Friendly's Riders in bkk, location and contact details are in the "Motorcycle directory project", Thun will install it in 10mn...

A friend got 2 installed instead of one there, it is really ultra loud if you want that.

Ride safe!

• Like 1