Thaksin Still Very Much The C E O Of This Govt

webfact

BURNING ISSUE
Thaksin still very much the CEO of this govt

Attayuth Bootsripoom
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's Skype address on Monday marks a major political step for his supporters, because this is the first time that Pheu Thai Party MPs and ministers have proudly admitted that Thaksin is indeed fully involved in the party's affairs.

The message Thaksin sent through his Skype address was loud and clear - he is the real boss. By criticising Pheu Thai ministers and rebuking MPs in Sudarat Keyuraphan's faction for not helping the party's gubernatorial candidate rally for votes, Thakin portrayed himself as a no-nonsense man who is clearly running the show. His lambasting of some Pheu Thai MPs is aimed at putting all factions under his thumb. Nobody else, except Thaksin, would dare to rebuke a faction like Sudarat's.

The de facto leader's message also implies that even though he is not here in person, he is monitoring every move and knows who is doing what. "Some people want me to return home. Some say they love me, but they also say don't rush home because they may lose significance,'' Thaksin said.

The one topic that Thaksin highlighted in his address was the Bt2-trillion mega-transportation project. He instructed the MPs to study the issue carefully and use it as a strategy, not merely a system to divert funds to their constituencies.

According to Thaksin, mega projects like this will bring the party both money and rewards that it will need to expand its political base. Hence, he has instructed the party to do everything possible to get the system off the ground by removing all obstacles.

In other words, this Bt2-trillion investment has become the government's core "business", with Thaksin playing the CEO's role and controlling all investments and the country's political affairs.

He also told the party - very clearly - how to proceed with charter amendments. They've been instructed to overlook voting in the third reading and amending each Article in the way he wants it altered.

For instance, he wants Article 68 to be amended so it removes the Constitution Court's authority on amending the Constitution. If this is done, the party can untangle the knot that prevents lawmakers from amending the entire charter. He also wanted Article 190 to be changed as it is seen as an obstacle that is stalling the government from ratifying treaties with foreign countries. Another Article he wants altered is Article 237 related to party dissolution.

Revamping this Article has been Thaksin's dream for a while now. In fact, he wants it so badly that he even got a bit irritated by the party's inability to make progress with the amendment and also said he was fed up with the opposition's political games.

Though Thaksin voiced his desire to return home, he tried not to coerce the MPs into pushing for an amnesty bill, saying he would "go along with whatever decision they make about the issue". However, he did not clarify whether he wanted them to stand back or go forward with the amnesty bills.

However, one thing was clear on Monday - Thaksin is consolidating his power. From issuing orders to MPs and ministers to threatening to cut down their role or cut their allowances if their performance falls short of his expectations, Thaksin showed them he was running the show.

Though it was an open secret that Thaksin was pulling the strings behind this government and Pheu Thai right from the start, he has never done it so openly and confidently. So, why the change now?

According to Noppadon Pattama, Thaksin's former legal advisor, the ex-leader's political ban has been lifted, so he has every right to give the party suggestions and guidance.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-14

Thaksin openly nay blatantly shows he is the real dictator of the P.T.P. (Parasites and Tick Party) openly dictating this curent maladministration' s policies that are designed to enhance him and his family along with their brown nosing acolytes wealth yet nothing is done to stop him.

The E.C. are being tasked with dealing with the complaints concerning the Bangkok gubernatorial elections results which in reality do not exist and are nothing but a ploy to thwart the winner and his political party, yet the E.C. ignore the fact that the country is being run by a bail jumping convicted felon who faces a myriad of further charges concerning his actions.

One is inclined to ask why such a situation is allowed to exist, perchance large white envelopes and promises regarding wealth and power are involved in turning a blind eye to certain people and their activities?

he wants Article 68 to be amended

He also wanted Article 190 to be changed

ermm.gif

previously addressed here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625420-skype-address-shows-thaksin-orders-pheu-thai-follows/page-2#entry6197984

Another Article he wants altered is Article 237 related to party dissolution.

Revamping this Article has been Thaksin's dream for a while now. In fact, he wants it so badly that he even got a bit irritated by the party's inability to make progress with the amendment

Similarly, I'm sure the mafia's Genovese crime family would love to remove the similar RICO Act from similarly impeding their operations.

Edited by Buchholz

it amazes me the the ptp are not all arrested for associating with a criminal, how in the hell does a wanted felon get to tell the govt how to do business. This shows everyone in the rest of the world exactly how backward Thailand thinks, why hasnt he had an arrest warrany issued against him so that he can be brought back here, simple, he runs the govt and his sister is his puppet even though she denies it. All the top officials are in his pay, this is beyond rediculous and just makes thai people that support him out to be all idiots because they are not capable of seeing the truth, only the bulshit his "reds" tell them

• Like 2

it amazes me the the ptp are not all arrested for associating with a criminal, how in the hell does a wanted felon get to tell the govt how to do business. This shows everyone in the rest of the world exactly how backward Thailand thinks, why hasnt he had an arrest warrany issued against him so that he can be brought back here, simple, he runs the govt and his sister is his puppet even though she denies it. All the top officials are in his pay, this is beyond rediculous and just makes thai people that support him out to be all idiots because they are not capable of seeing the truth, only the bulshit his "reds" tell them

Well most of the supporters get 500 Baht for voting.
  • Like 1

I am certainly surprised , err that is, only 6 replies so far, Thaskins dream ,is a nation like Singapore, with a totalitarian government ,study he's agenda, the direction he takes , I was told this way back, when he first become PM and drove to parliament on the first day in a yellow Porsche and everyone adored the prick, the answer to everyone's dream , anyone who drives to parliament in a Porsche, has no interest in the ordinary folk, was my reply.coffee1.gif

So what do you make of a pink Bentley?

• Like 2

The new Asian grouping due in 2015 must be so excited to welcome such a vibrant and transparent democracy as Thailand. Just think if they hold all their meetings in Laos or Cambodia the real PM will be able to attend personally

I am certainly surprised , err that is, only 6 replies so far, Thaskins dream ,is a nation like Singapore, with a totalitarian government ,study he's agenda, the direction he takes , I was told this way back, when he first become PM and drove to parliament on the first day in a yellow Porsche and everyone adored the prick, the answer to everyone's dream , anyone who drives to parliament in a Porsche, has no interest in the ordinary folk, was my reply.coffee1.gif

If Thaksin had his way he would keep enough red shirts to guarantee his possession of power and ship the rest of the uneducated out of the country. He has nothing but contempt for them, tools easily bought and disposed of.

It would not surprise me if some of his enemies who he fears here in Thailand were to start thinking of striping him of all power and no chance to ever again have any even though he is in Dubai.

Just saying.

According to Thaksin, mega projects like this will bring the party both money and rewards that it will need to expand its political base. Hence, he has instructed the party to do everything possible to get the system off the ground by removing all obstacles.

Excuse my naivety, but how could the granting of a government contract bring the political party money? Oh, sorry I forgot, this is amaaaaaaaazing Thailand.

It seems Thaksin now has the confidence to come out of the woodwork and proclaim his supreme control of the PTP and thereby the government of Thailand. This must mean he now has achieved the level of control over Thailands bureaucracy, judiciary and security forces that he needs to fight off any challenges. His movement of family and supporters into keyposition combined with bribing others to join his cause has built him a powerfull supporter base. He has a large war chest of corrupted money from his rice scams flood mitigation scam ect ect to pay for his own private army as well as buy the Thai army. He is flexing his political muscles through the hijacking the Bangkok gubernatorial elections and will force change to the constitution to both consolidate and display his power. He is vertually daring his opponents to try and take him on. Strap yourselves in looks like its going to be a bumpy ride in the near future I pity the citzens and residence of Thailand because Thaksin is bringing his version of political armageddon to your front door.

BORING, old news! Everyone from the human population and the animal world knows this already. coffee1.gif

But now it's sooooooo obvious ...

'this is the first time that Pheu Thai Party MPs and ministers have proudly admitted that Thaksin is indeed fully involved in the party's affairs.'

Help me out here someone. Isn't this illegal? How can a convicted criminal OPENLY control governmental decisions? Surely even here in Thailand this is against the law.

It seems Thaksin now has the confidence to come out of the woodwork and proclaim his supreme control of the PTP and thereby the government of Thailand. This must mean he now has achieved the level of control over Thailands bureaucracy, judiciary and security forces that he needs to fight off any challenges. His movement of family and supporters into keyposition combined with bribing others to join his cause has built him a powerfull supporter base. He has a large war chest of corrupted money from his rice scams flood mitigation scam ect ect to pay for his own private army as well as buy the Thai army. He is flexing his political muscles through the hijacking the Bangkok gubernatorial elections and will force change to the constitution to both consolidate and display his power. He is vertually daring his opponents to try and take him on. Strap yourselves in looks like its going to be a bumpy ride in the near future I pity the citzens and residence of Thailand because Thaksin is bringing his version of political armageddon to your front door.

Yes and he did it the day after Yingluck said she was the Prime Minister and not a puppet.

Some problems in the family. Any chance of it splitting the rest of the PTP followers.

BORING, old news! Everyone from the human population and the animal world knows this already. coffee1.gif

'this is the first time that Pheu Thai Party MPs and ministers have proudly admitted that Thaksin is indeed fully involved in the party's affairs.'

Help me out here someone. Isn't this illegal? How can a convicted criminal OPENLY control governmental decisions? Surely even here in Thailand this is against the law.

It's so insanely absurd a situation that no one probably ever thought the need to write such abject ridiculousness into the penal code as being illegal.

• Like 2

Thaksin,berlusconi,putin... and many more around the world.....all the same story ...they want to dominate the others and be the one absolute.....and during that time the majority of the blind people from their own country with a kind of lax watch the game and do nothing against them, until it is too late and then they will cry exausted like many before :FREEDOM

• Like 2

It's so insanely absurd a situation that no one probably ever thought the need to write such abject ridiculousness into the penal code as being illegal.

It is an extraordinary situation.... a convicted fugitve from justice running a country from another country.

Has it ever happened before? I don't know... but it would make an interesting quiz question. And whatever else you may say about Thaksin he will certainly go down in history for this feat if nothing else.