Can I Buy These In Thailand?

Haven't seen these for sale in TH since I was a little kid...

How about buying some tires with decent sized rim protectors, or putting on some second-hand steel wheels until she gets the hang of it? ;)

• Like 1

Haven't seen these for sale in TH since I was a little kid...

How about buying some tires with decent sized rim protectors, or putting on some second-hand steel wheels until she gets the hang of it? wink.png

I'm with you. they seemed to be popular in the 50's and maybe even a bit in the early 60's. I'm actually not even thinking so much about the wheels getting bumped as I am just the body of the car itself. I would even put one in the front of the car to protect against the non standardized sizes of the concrete blocks on the parking spaces. I just know she's going to smack one of those before too long.

Hi Whatacharacters. Your madam could simply think about pulling down the mirrors to view the curb...

Thanks freemindxs. that would be fine to check the distance after stopping but you know how Thais' parallel park with heading into a space. The mirrors would hardly protect the front fender from the hardness of the concrete curb. 555

Maybe i should have bought one of these:

post-86619-0-59691800-1363231618_thumb.j

Wonder if you could use a wireless parking sensor system? Some front left mounted ultrasonic proximity detectors might detect a kerb if positioned and aimed well. Would need a display to show which corner was close.

Some Jap cars used odd little mirrors on the front fender, might allow the driver to see the kerb when driving in to a park? A Fortuner TRD driver would know if these are any good.

post-149670-0-61805800-1363241511_thumb.