Swiss Air ?

Swiss arent bad.

Seat pitch is good but the seats are hard and on a 12-hour non-stop flight that's a bit tiring. Decent food and drinks, if a little boring. Free chocolate with meals.

The security in Zurich behave like they were still in the Gestapo but you cant blame the airline for that.

Coming to/from the UK I found that although I had all the disadvantages of a direct flight from Zurich to here (tiring, boring, no exercise) I had none of the advantages (shorter flight) because I still had the extra leg to do to get to London.

So now I either fly with someone who stops half-way (Emirates, Qatar etc) or go non-stop to London (BA). Of course to Nice you dont have the choice as no one goes direct.

I hope you booked LX(Swiss) for total trip as they codeshare with TG(Thai) on certain flights BKK/ZRH/BKK.

You will know from the flight number if it is LX or TG aircraft, eg. LX123(3 digits) is Swiss and LX1234(4 digits) is TG.

Edited by UbonOz

I am frequent Swiss Air flyer and read some nonsense in the comments .... Swiss Air have a high ranking concerning service on board and seats quality are as in each other airline from same type. Less important if there are free chocolate but also Swiss Air have a very high ranking who it concern SAFETY. http://www.airlinequality.com/

Better have a break in Zurich than in Charles De Gaule in Paris or Amsterdam, fly with Air France (short seat distance) be sure.

Have a pleasant flight wai2.gif

The security in Zurich behave like they were still in the Gestapo but you cant blame the airline for that.

Switzerland was neutral during WW2 and for sure there has never been any Gestapo in Zurich... German troops did not set foot in country.

• Like 1

Switzerland was neutral during WW2 and for sure there has never been any Gestapo in Zurich... German troops did not set foot in country.

Of course they were neutral, how else were they to turn a profit ? smile.png

I flew Swiss a few times, everything has always been average and boring.

The entertainment system is dated (small screens that have bad visibility if inclined) and very unreliable (I think it was not working on approx. 20% of flights I took).

Other than that, no problem.

Every time I disembark in Zürich I am always hit by the coldness and harsh manners.

My recollection from a few years ago is that the economy seat pitch was not brilliant and there were also metal entertainment boxes stopping one getting one's feet under the seat in front (I'm tall). On the other hand I see that at the moment Swiss has some keenly priced flights from LHR to BKK with a fairly short stop-over in Zurich.

Edited by citizen33
  • Like 1

I hope you booked LX(Swiss) for total trip as they codeshare with TG(Thai) on certain flights BKK/ZRH/BKK.

You will know from the flight number if it is LX or TG aircraft, eg. LX123(3 digits) is Swiss and LX1234(4 digits) is TG.

I never had the chance of a codeshare with Thai (I would have taken it if I had). They do codeshare with Austrian and Lufthansa, as far as I know.

I am frequent Swiss Air flyer and read some nonsense in the comments .... Swiss Air have a high ranking concerning service on board and seats quality are as in each other airline from same type.

What nonsense would that be?

I've flown in the same type of plane with other airlines and had a more comfortable seat. I've also had an equally hard seat. Seat pitch does vary between airlines also, even in the same model of plane.

I thought their service was OK and I said so.

On the other hand I see that at the moment Swiss has some keenly priced flights from LHR to BKK with a fairly short stop-over in Zurich.

Swiss have been discounting heavily for a couple of years, and indeed this is why I chose them when I went with them. The flight was good value for money and I would use them again if it wasnt for the long sector problem that I mentioned.

Of course they were neutral, how else were they to turn a profit ? smile.png

Yes we stayed out of two World Wars. Stupid, I know. America did fairly well by staying neutral at the beginning of them.