Chic Toilets Promote A New Look At Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

Lets hope they will be more clean this time ...... the airport toilets are a disgrace .

I always thought the toilets at the airport were fine. I guess i was just lucky.

Me too. Some people like to imagine problems just to give them something to moan about.

Lets hope they will be more clean this time ...... the airport toilets are a disgrace .

I always thought the toilets at the airport were fine. I guess i was just lucky.

Yes me too - I must have been lucky every time I flew anywhere over the last few years since the place opened...probably 20 or 30 flights or more... I should buy a lottery ticket!

• Like 1

Dont forget folks the government wants and promises every Thai house hold will have a sit down loo by at the lates 2190

That would be a pretty stupid thing to promise when you consider that very many Thais, in common with Singaporeans, Malays, and lots of others across Asia, prefer NOT to sit on a seat at all. Western systems are fine if the populace really want them, but in this case, I don't believe that for a minute.

Dont forget folks the government wants and promises every Thai house hold will have a sit down loo by at the lates 2190

That would be a pretty stupid thing to promise when you consider that very many Thais, in common with Singaporeans, Malays, and lots of others across Asia, prefer NOT to sit on a seat at all. Western systems are fine if the populace really want them, but in this case, I don't believe that for a minute.

Like you I'm not sure the populace wants it, but the government set a goal of 2016:

"The Public Health Ministry's third-phase master plan for its 'toilet revolution', which aims to have 90 per cent of Thai households using Western-style seated toilets by 2016, was approved by the Cabinet yesterday."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/620469-thailand-toilet-revolution-targets-squat-stools/

Two designs on River of Life and Street Life, have been completed. The rest are under way including Festival, Move Around, Happy Moment, Flower Market and Sea Sight.

They actually branded toilets like this? Any specifics? I guess it's better than than the Sukhumvit drain, the happy ending and the Pattaya puker.

Happy moment? Should that be Happy Movement?

According to Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Wilaiwan Nadwilai, the assurance of toilet hygiene and their availability around the terminal
building has always been among the priorities of the airport.

Wasn't it when Suvarnabhumi opened there were no toilets to be found??

Two designs on River of Life and Street Life, have been completed. The rest are under way including Festival, Move Around, Happy Moment, Flower Market and Sea Sight.

They actually branded toilets like this? Any specifics? I guess it's better than than the Sukhumvit drain, the happy ending and the Pattaya puker.

I can't say I've ever made a study of toilet themes, but I can't recall ever going into a toilet at any airport in the world that had a theme, other than "toilet". Those Thai's, they are so ahead of the rest of the world in innovation.. partytime2.gif

Other than taking a piss, and even then, I always try to use the toilet at home before going ANYWHERE in Thailand. Thailand the hub of everything hasn't learned how to process human waste and allow tissue to be flushed. Brand new houses and condos being built in BKK and they still use holding tanks and the liquid just overflows into the drains that then just eventually flow out to sea unprocessed.

River of Life: In this one you can crap right into a klong, effectively demonstrating Thai sewage technology

Street Life: There is no place to go here: Just like many public places.

Festival: There are five loud speakers all playing different Thais folk songs at full distortion. Someone will hit you with a bucket of ice water just as you are walking out.

Move Around: It's a squatty toilet that sways back and forth to simulate using a squatty on a Thai train.

Happy moment: Amazing Japanese High tech toilet. There is only one but it was built over at the director of the TAT's house instead.

Flower Market: This one is misleading there is no market, but when you sit down some kid will knock on your cubicle and try to sell you a loop of jasmine flowers.

Sea Sight: The bogs are designed to look like jet skis, and when you are done using one, you will be surrounded Three angry men demanding 20,000 baht for damages.

I wonder if any of the chick toilets are going to have a bidet for our Japanese friends? The first time I went to Tokyo the hotel I stayed in had these. The commode had a remote control. I started pushing the buttons and all at once, you guessed it the bidet cranked up. I jumped off the toilet seat fearing a snake had crawled up through the pipes. No shit this is true. We never had these back in Kentucky.

Edited by Pimay1