Where To Go For Tourist Visa?

So I have just resigned from my teaching position and after I cancel my work permit I will need to leave the country to cancel my non-b and get a new shiny tourist visa instead.

I want to be out of Thailand for the shortest time possible so am open to travelling by air basically I just want the most painless, cheapest and quickest option to get out of Thailand and back in one piece with a double entry tourist visa.

About the only place you are likely to get a two entry without a long flight would be Vientiane or Savannakhet in Laos so domestic to Udon would likely be the best route. If you have been on an extension of stay that must be canceled at the immigration office issuing it and Nong Khai crossing may turn you around to do so if the see it.

If you have been on an extension of stay that must be canceled at the immigration office issuing it and Nong Khai crossing may turn you around to do so if the see it.

Am I reading this right that one is barred from exiting the country while on an extension of stay? I thought the mere act of leaving the country without a reentry permit caused an active extension of stay to be automatically cancelled.

Ah, so this is only true for an extension of stay based on a work permit. If I'm on a non-immigrant O extension, this doesn't apply to me?

That depends on the reason. if based on marriage the extension also should be canceled when the marriage ends. But never heard of it been checked and I don't think it will be practical.

How long does it take to get from Udon to the Thai consulate in Vientiane?

There just doesn't seem to be the early flights there to pull it off...I really just want to leave in the morning and arrive home the following evening.

Nok Air have a fly and ride service but that arrives in the city at 11 will that give me enough time to get to the consulate and apply for the visa?

Air Asia has a flight that arrives at 8:25 which would give you enough time if everything goes well. You can get mini bus at airport to the bridge.

I suggest a late afternoon or early evening arrival. That eliminates the big rush to get there and you can be at consular section early morning which would reduce the waiting time to submit visa application.

Edited by ubonjoe

sa

Air Asia has a flight that arrives at 8:25 which would give you enough time if everything goes well. You can mini bus at airport to the bridge.

I suggest a late afternoon or early evening arrival. That eliminates the big rush to get there and you can be at consular section early morning which would reduce the waiting time to submit visa application.

same could be done with E-visa(25 us$ , no sticker only a4 print out from your own they send the evisa by email] Cambodia flighr Airasia , they have morning flight & late afternoon flight but need 1 stamp I and 1 stamp out , so in total needed space 4 with the Thai Exit and incoming one ..

We are talking about Laos where a two entry visa is available next day; not Cambodia where a single entry visa often takes about 4 days to obtain.

Strange I was replying that other tread about the guy with full passport ,with only 15 days , on replying ubonjoe's answer to fly Malaysia , ????? and ended up here on a Ubonjoe topic answer

Sorry

Edited by david555