Tinted Front Window

I bought a car and they said they would put film free. I just realised they also tinted the windscreen (thought my headlights were not good!)

Seems a bit of a stupid thing to do? Should i remove it, i guess its easier just to wear sunglasses in the day is there other benefit?

How dark is it? it should be lighter than the sides/rear. Drive with it at night and see how you feel about it. I have 40% on my front but you get used to it. It might be too dark if darker than that, but it depends on the quality of the film too. I'm getting my windscreen replaced under insurance tomorrow, so will see how that looks with no tint.

I bought a car and they said they would put film free. I just realised they also tinted the windscreen (thought my headlights were not good!)

Seems a bit of a stupid thing to do? Should i remove it, i guess its easier just to wear sunglasses in the day is there other benefit?

I had limo tint around my SUV and the front was really annoying to drive at night. I removed it and put the mirror/reflective type which is like one way glass. From the outside it is like a mirror inside looks un tinted. Don't remember the name though but I recommend that over a straight tint job. Too many near misses backing up in the night!

I would do as Transam says in the night time its very irritating to far tinted glass not to mention with an exident they will put the blame on you for not having clear sight.

Are you really so ignorant to think you'd be blamed because of the window tint?

I would do as Transam says in the night time its very irritating to far tinted glass not to mention with an exident they will put the blame on you for not having clear sight.

Hmmmmmm, bit off calling someone ignorant don't you think. If in farangland his thoughts might be correct but doubt it would happen here,

BUT, I would not put tint of the screen IN CASE an insurance loop hole was sought.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm, bit off calling someone ignorant don't you think. If in farangland his thoughts might be correct but doubt it would happen here,

BUT, I would not put tint of the screen IN CASE an insurance loop hole was sought.

Because that is just the usual scare mongering based on nothing, in this case probably not even based on rumours.

Our first car has only a 'sun visor' tint strip on the top of the windshield and 30% all round elsewhere. That car takes longer to cool down when parked out in the sun but is great for tootling around town after dark. The new truck has 30% over all the windscreen and 60% on the rest. It cools down quite quidkly from a 'hot' start. The darkness did take a bit of getting used to but I do a lot of long night drives and I am comfy with it now. I also replaced the truck's factory fitted H4 globes with Osram 'Night Breaker' that I bought in the UK which are loads brighter. I also bought some higher intensity GE globes from the US for the car and the wife reckons they are awesome compared with what it came fitted with.

I am pretty sure that full-screen tints are so commonplace in Thailand, that insurance or cops (if they even show up) wouldn't factor them in. However, I am going to read the small print just in case.

Don't worry about stevenl's attitude; it has turned a bit... testy of late? He even invoked his god on one of his responses in his perception of my inability to read what was wrote.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Our first car has only a 'sun visor' tint strip on the top of the windshield and 30% all round elsewhere. That car takes longer to cool down when parked out in the sun but is great for tootling around town after dark. The new truck has 30% over all the windscreen and 60% on the rest. It cools down quite quidkly from a 'hot' start. The darkness did take a bit of getting used to but I do a lot of long night drives and I am comfy with it now. I also replaced the truck's factory fitted H4 globes with Osram 'Night Breaker' that I bought in the UK which are loads brighter. I also bought some higher intensity GE globes from the US for the car and the wife reckons they are awesome compared with what it came fitted with.

I am pretty sure that full-screen tints are so commonplace in Thailand, that insurance or cops (if they even show up) wouldn't factor them in. However, I am going to read the small print just in case.

Don't worry about stevenl's attitude; it has turned a bit... testy of late? He even invoked his god on one of his responses in his perception of my inability to read what was wrote.

Is there an Opticians i can go to who can offer me Glasses to reduce my Vision. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I never read something as absurd as having to put high power lights (and blind all other drivers) to compensate low visibility due to dark tint on the windshields... I hate being blinded by all those stupid drivers with the latest blinding lights... bah.gif

So the solution is the other drivers ALSO need dark tint to stop being blinded, and then they go to get powerful beams to compensate 555

Personally I'm finding the tint on my fron screen to be a nuisance,I had the first film put on by Ford removed as it was way too dark for night driving,but excellent for day driving in the sun,

I then got another film much lighter put on,but that is also bad at night,it makes all the lights in front of me blurry.

Just wanted the tint to stop the uv rays from scorching the cars interior.

So looks like I'm gonna get it removed again and just have the top 20cm covered with dark film.

• Like 2

Osram Night Breaker's are street legal halogens and not the imported Korean or Chinese HID's that should never be fitted inside standard reflectors but tends to be fairly common over here. They help you see better regardless of having a tint or otherwise.

• Like 1

I want mirror tints (are they legal) I was told the police will stop you more.

I don't want to attract unnecessary attention from the thie safety concerned police

I haven't seen any 100% mirror tints and I think they are illegal. There is a highly reflective tint that is common enough so must be 'legal'. With that tint, the cops are more likely to get you to stop on a routine daylight traffic check versus waving you through at a slow roll. They cannot see anything inside a car with 'mirror' tints at all. Good idea to roll the drivers window down on day or night traffic stops anyway... before they ask you to!

Would anyone know anywhere in Pattaya to get a black dashboard carpet to fit the new Ford ranger?. Or a place that makes them to fit/order? So far I've not been able to find one.

Thanks..

The Thai's maybe aren't into dash carpets as much as other countries or as much as they used to be. The last time I saw a custom Axminster was on the dash of a 1980 Toyota Crown that used to take me to Don Muang for work.

I just bought a couple of the largest non-skid dashboard sheets from the auto section at Tesco's' laid them with the short edges side by side, no cutting needed and laid a shorter one in the middle over the join. By no means a custom fit but does the job of defeating the glare from the sun on the dashboard curves from certain angles.

I you want a custom fitted one, I bet Boy Air knows!

Would anyone know anywhere in Pattaya to get a black dashboard carpet to fit the new Ford ranger?. Or a place that makes them to fit/order? So far I've not been able to find one.

Thanks..

The Thai's maybe aren't into dash carpets as much as other countries or as much as they used to be. The last time I saw a custom Axminster was on the dash of a 1980 Toyota Crown that used to take me to Don Muang for work.

I just bought a couple of the largest non-skid dashboard sheets from the auto section at Tesco's' laid them with the short edges side by side, no cutting needed and laid a shorter one in the middle over the join. By no means a custom fit but does the job of defeating the glare from the sun on the dashboard curves from certain angles.

I you want a custom fitted one, I bet Boy Air knows!

Thanks for that,I did cut one from some grey cord carpet,which doesn't look half bad and matches the ranger interior ,but it reflects on te screen so thought if I could find a nice made to fit black one it would be better..