Mexico: Gunmen Kill 7 In Cancun Bar

News_Editor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-10681249

What is the scale of the violence? Mexico ....

Keeping track of the drug deaths is difficult, as official figures have been issued sporadically. Most estimates put the number of people killed in drug-related violence since late 2006 at more than 60,000. Although there is no official breakdown of the numbers, the victims include suspected drug gang members, members of the security forces and those considered innocent bystanders. However, analysts have tracked an overall reduction in violence during 2012, continuing a trend from the previous year.

Where are the worst-hit areas?

Violence was first concentrated in Mexico's northern border regions, especially Chihuahua, as well as Pacific states like Sinaloa, Michoacan and Guerrero. Ciudad Juarez (just across from El Paso in Texas) was the most violent city. In 2010, some 3,100 people were killed in Juarez, which has a population of more than a million. Violence has now dropped markedly in Juarez.

However, Guerrero, home to the resort of Acapulco, as well as Sinaloa and Nuevo Leon remain among some of the most violent regions. One of the focal points for violence since 2010 has been Mexico's third-largest city, Monterrey.

2011 also saw new areas hit. For example, Veracruz on the eastern coast saw a series of mass killings.

60,000 is the lowest number I have heard. Most recent reports report 100,000 plus, nut acknoledhe number is vastly understated as 80 percent of murders andissing persons is not investigated AT ALL. One guys recently arrested admitted to dissolving 300 bodies in acid that were never counted in death toll and that is just one person. Mass graves ate uncovered all the time of people never counted. A lot are never counted and blamed fr crossing border illegally so never investigated.

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Two-Men-Hanged-from-a-Bridge-in-Atizapan-Mexico-Graphic-Content-tc4045241.html

More reality and a far departure from whinny I got picked on high school to I live in terror and my whole family has been murdered.

I use to make weekly/monthly trips to baja. Sad to say that i dont think my 6yrold daughter will ever know the pleasure of a baja road/surf trip. There was a time you could go down to baja with $10 and have a weekend including beers. you had to camp on the beach, but hey, i was in college!We used to frequent K38 and Isla Todos Santos which had some of the largest winter Pacific breaks in the world except for Hawaii North Shore or Waimea. Not recently though, too many car jackings, campers get robbed at gunpoint with their female companions getting raped. Cops don't care and may even be the one's doing all of this.http://www.surfermag.com/features/carjackedmexicobaja/Those were the days. Spent many weekend in rosarito, puerto nuevo, ensanada, and san quintin. I've never been below san quintin, I didnt trust the vw bus to make it that far and back Sounds like i missed out.Waimea on a big day is scary. Never have seen the water have slope from the shore.Damn, now you have me hungry for some matsumoto shave ice, and a lunch plate from the Rainbow Drive In!

My mom and stepdad (a semi-legendary world class surfer from olden times) have lived less than 10 minutes from K38 for 30 years.

I myself have had those Baja road trips of yesteryear and I agree they are a thing of the past but in my experience and that of my parents and their friends, Rosarito hasn't been especially dangerous.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Here is dude that dissolved 300 bodies in acid. None of these count toward Mexico's death toll. Just as an estimated 110 killed in Reynose shoot outs last month and government said 2 deaths and silenced press to provide impression new administration has it under control. Yeah, right.

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Could-be-Released-from-Prison-quot-Pozolero-quot-Accussed-of-Dissolving-Over-300-Bodies-in-Acid-tc4045944.html

Edited by F430murci