Booking Air Asia Flight Without Passboard On The Counter Possible Or Not?

Sandman77

Hello!

My fam , want to book a flight to Indonesia , but after areived in bk, my passport not avalible for booking at the counter !only copy of my passport is avalible!

Now Iam not sure, how air Asia handle this,is it enough when only one person that pay the ticket on the counter, must show the passport?

For online booking the passport number is also needed or not?

Edited by Sandman77

Hello!

My fam , want to book a flight to Indonesia , but after areived in bk, my passport not avalible for booking at the counter !only copy of my passport is avalible!

Now Iam not sure, how air Asia handle this,is it enough when only one person that pay the ticket on the counter, must show the passport?

For online booking the passport number is also needed or not?

For international you will have to show the actual passport, guaranteed, when you check in and when you go in the gate.

Domestic copy is usually ok.

For online booking the passport number is necessary, but for boarding an international flight all passengers must have a valid passport, with air asia it must even be valid for 6 months.

For online booking the passport number is necessary, but for boarding an international flight all passengers must have a valid passport, with air asia it must even be valid for 6 months.

Not necessary for online booking - its optional to enter during the booking process.

If you do enter it online when booking - make sure the details are correct, or they will charge you a 'change passport information' fee when you go to check in

Not necessary for online booking - its optional to enter during the booking process.

If you do enter it online when booking - make sure the details are correct, or they will charge you a 'change passport information' fee when you go to check in

Last time I made a online booking (last month) entering the passport details was compulsory. And my booking was refused since the passport validity was less than 6 months (was 1 day, I was going to Bangkok to renew), even though it was a domestic flight.

Call center advised me to enter an incorrect passport validity, I did not feel comfortable with that so booked via the call center, where passport details were not required.

I book flights very regularly with AirAsia, and it is not a requirement to enter passport details - it shows a section to enter your passport details - but it is NOT compulsory to do so.

I'm pasting a screenshot of a new dummy booking here so you can see the page where it asks for your details

Note there are asterixes (*) next to the required fields - but not for the passport/identity card sections.

I just filled this out, left the passport details section blank, and it allows me to continue to the next page.

I think people may assume that because there is a section there asking for passport/identity details -that they must fill it out.

This is not the case.

post-136-0-65886600-1363671327_thumb.jpg

I book flights very regularly with AirAsia, and it is not a requirement to enter passport details - it shows a section to enter your passport details - but it is NOT compulsory to do so.
I'm pasting a screenshot of a new dummy booking here so you can see the page where it asks for your details
Note there are asterixes (*) next to the required fields - but not for the passport/identity card sections.
I just filled this out, left the passport details section blank, and it allows me to continue to the next page.
I think people may assume that because there is a section there asking for passport/identity details -that they must fill it out.
This is not the case.

Thanks for that, so if the girl at the call center would have told me that in stead of recommending to put in incorrect data I could have saved myself 150 baht (or whatever the extra charge is for making a booking via the call center in stead of online).

• Like 1