Can I Mix Together Benzin And Diesel?

Did someone make a mistake at the servo? I had a dipshit up country do that. Put about 5 litres of benzene in when the tank was down near empty. I took it steady for the 20 or so K to the next servo with diesel. Done 3000K since then with no probs.

Potentially big problems, diesel fuel is much thicker and dirtier and just one possible future problem is a blocked fuel filter at minimum. Like Aussie said I'd have it drained immediately and not even run it all..

Did someone make a mistake at the servo? I had a dipshit up country do that. Put about 5 litres of benzene in when the tank was down near empty. I took it steady for the 20 or so K to the next servo with diesel. Done 3000K since then with no probs.

5 liters of petrol a diesel engine can handle if you fill it up al the way with diesel after this.

5 liters of petrol a diesel engine can handle if you fill it up al the way with diesel after this.

Erm he's taking the other way around, benzine engine with diesel added... Also a strong potential for blocked injectors..

Sorry just realized your responding to BSJ and yes your correct not so much an issue though and is actually and old racers trick to easily boost hp in diesels.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Is it dangerous for a 12 year old benzin motor to mix together with diesel around 30 Prozent?

Not dangerous but it will stop after a while with black sparkplugs.

Get the mixture out of the tank and fill it up with petrol problem solved.

Ding ding ding, I am awake now! biggrin.png

30% diesel in with the benzene not a big problem, but as stated changing the fuel filter would be a good move....after you use up the dodgy mix!

Will be very smokey but if you use it in Bangkok who will noticesmile.png

yes we will. The days of the smokey green buses are long gone.

Will be very smokey but if you use it in Bangkok who will noticesmile.png

yes we will. The days of the smokey green buses are long gone.

Yes but the old pick ups with wrong adjusted fuel pumps and warren out injectors and the 2 strokes bikes on baking oil and the colorfull trucks with big exhaust pipes

for making extra smoke curtains they are al there.laugh.png

One time there was a report on tv that a Rumanian collect the cooking fat from many restaurant and put it in the tank Since one week our local gas station has now e20 ethanol benzin , and the Terrible smell of 91 is over!

Lots of people are recycling cooking oil for diesel now, the local recyclers pay better for that than anything else.. Like 25 or 30 baht per liter if memory serves me..

Edited by WarpSpeed

One time there was a report on tv that a Rumanian collect the cooking fat from many restaurant and put it in the tank Since one week our local gas station has now e20 ethanol benzin , and the Terrible smell of 91 is over!

Used cooking oil is usually recycled as diesel, god only knows what it will do to your gasoline engine, it probably won't like it much.

As to E20, that will almost certainly wreck your 12 year old engine, even E10 (Gasohol) is probably doing it no good :(

You will cause a FOG for sure smile.png , if your plugs can deal with it, carry on. smile.png But don't go far with out plug cleaning stuff. sad.png

Ye of little faith. Do not be worried. The end is near! Or should I say: the fuel tank is almost empty! biggrin.png

I'd be a bit worried about pouring used cooking oil into the tank without some sort of filtration taking place.

Plus if the oil is over heated in the restaurant won't the chemical composition be altered?

I'd be a bit worried about pouring used cooking oil into the tank without some sort of filtration taking place.

Plus if the oil is over heated in the restaurant won't the chemical composition be altered?

You don't put it in raw, it needs to be processed..

There are two ways to use cooking oil for fuel. Usng it straight you need to filter it before use then have a heat exchanger fuel tank fed from your radiator to thin it out to get thru your fuel pump and injectors, you first start and run on diesel tank until your waste oil tank reaches temp then switch over to oil. Yes having two fuel tanks is the reason I never bothered with it. The other way is to convert to biodiesel. The oil can be burnt to hell, your yield of biodiesel after the conversion-reaction process will just be less.

You don't put it in raw, it needs to be processed..

Yes most sensible people would do that.

A few years back, didn't one of the clowns on Top Gear pour a bottle of used cooking oil straight into an old Merc then proceed to drive it around Lower Woop Woop?