Mid Life In Thailand

diddums

When is mid-life? I'm mid 40s and thinking of building a swimming pool, learning the guitar and stone sculpture.

Its when you start to feel inadequate with your lifes achievements and you get depressed.....yell at everyone....sulk a lot and generally feel cheated.

A lot just come to thailand and then go home and pack their bags and return for as long as it lasts.

• Like 1

Any old guy who gets involved with producing babies has got to be daft. bah.gif

w00t.gif , am l allowed to say that. sad.png ..............smile.png

No

THEY, do not take care of them, money does. coffee1.gif

Rod seems to be doing OK.

So am I.

Put a child seat on my click, bought him a helmet, we zip around all over the place together.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

No

Many cultures have the children raised by the grandparents as the parents are busy in hunting or gathering or out making money. In my experience children raised by grandparents were far better adjusted and had a happier childhood because the older folks had more time to spend with them. In my own case my grandfather was a retired professional athlete and taught me the skills of his sport and never missed one of my games.biggrin.png

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

No

Many cultures have the children raised by the grandparents as the parents are busy in hunting or gathering or out making money. In my experience children raised by grandparents were far better adjusted and had a happier childhood because the older folks had more time to spend with them. In my own case my grandfather was a retired professional athlete and taught me the skills of his sport and never missed one of my games.biggrin.png

So what was your excuse...

No

So what was your excuse...

Oh diddums you assume so much. I got a vas 25 years ago after my 4th legitimate child. biggrin.png I was merely relating some of my childhood experiences which were great with both sets of grandparents. Food, language and sports all different from my parents who were a bit stuffy.

Bikie: I think Thailand is way to hot for the cool leather clothes: No

Monk: that is too boring after 2 weeks

I would go with the sailing, first of all not many sharks around anymore as the Chinese killed them already and for the rest I recommend to have a lot wiskey on stock (rum will also do) as tranquilizer. A parrot as company is recommended.

Or you could ride around on a HD, dress as a monk, with a parrot on your shoulder...

With a couple of big tattoos w00t.gif

You have my vote ! biggrin.png

Become a seafaring monk. Get that salty breeze in your hai ..... er .... over your head. Please post pics as you round the Cape of Good Hope.

Edited by Songhua

For me, it kicked in somewhere in my mid-40s, but I guess its different for everyone. Much happier with only one year remaining as a wage slave - that prospect seemed so very far away at 45 and I think that was a big part of my dissatisfaction.

No

Are you a multi-millionaire able to provide for your family in the same way that the people you have used as an example are,it's 100% certain that you are not?

No

Are you a multi-millionaire able to provide for your family in the same way that the people you have used as an example are,it's 100% certain that you are not?

Wealth comes in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes as in the case of my grandparents it was the time to spend with me as a child that my parents didn't have and the time to share other languages and life experiences that my parents didn't have the time to do. Granny was a magnificent cook and gramps was a precision metal worker who had a shop in his basement. I was lucky as I had two sets of grandparents and I already mentioned one was a professional athlete. My next door neighbors in Thailand go off to work every morning at 7AM and the grandparents come over and take care of the two young children. Raising children is more about time than money given basics are covered.

• Like 1

No

Wealth comes in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes as in the case of my grandparents it was the time to spend with me as a child that my parents didn't have and the time to share other languages and life experiences that my parents didn't have the time to do. Granny was a magnificent cook and gramps was a precision metal worker who had a shop in his basement. I was lucky as I had two sets of grandparents and I already mentioned one was a professional athlete. My next door neighbors in Thailand go off to work every morning at 7AM and the grandparents come over and take care of the two young children. Raising children is more about time than money given basics are covered.

Hmmm....that's only a little bit funny.

The table now stands at;

Kananga

CMK

diddums

Even if you were being serious CMK, you went on for about 300 words too many.

Hmmm....that's only a little bit funny.

The table now stands at;

Kananga

CMK

diddums

Even if you were being serious CMK, you went on for about 300 words too many.

Play the ball

post-73727-0-76906900-1363567981_thumb.j

12 months is a very long time in a temple. Why not try 1 week? I lasted 10 days in a temple with no speaking, getting up at 4am and sleeping on a concrete bed with a carved log as a pillow. I used it more as a detox. I'd like to try it again 15 years on to get more benefit.

Ahaa... the buddha pillow at suan mokh....

Yeah after surviving that I figured I could survive anything...

Great for detox indeed, a bit harsh though, but practically free wai2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Build a house, its an experience youll NEVER forget!!

Done that twice......considering the 3rd...I enjoy it.

Get the boat - Contessa 26' - excellent choice. And there are worse things to be afraid of in the sea than sharks......

Funny....just got an email from someone about a deal on a 26m boat I was enquiring about.....problem with that one is I want 35m.