The New Honda Forza 300Cc

Rickster

Hi all,

just to give you and update - just got the 2nd recall-rear wheel on my 2013 Honda Forza 300 from Mityon Sukhunvit Pattaya, after 2 month waiting period now finally the annoying noise is gone. They had to replace the rear brake pad for 560THB on 9000km.

2 days ago i bought a 2nd Forza(black) for THB 159k(161.4 total) at a free dealer on Sukhumvit (Mityon is asking 164K ++).

Cheers Mr. J

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was riding alongside a guy on a red Forza today. He wasn't a big bloke. What looked odd was his knees where nearly hitting the bodywork under the handlebars near where his knees were.

Looks odd!

anyone have experience with YSS after market shocks for the Honda FORZA - for me the stock rear shocks are too hard on bad roads/humps and I may want to upgrade the rear shocks only.

Thank you

MR.Jay

• 1 month later...

2 days ago i bought a 2nd Forza(black) for THB 159k(161.4 total) at a free dealer on Sukhumvit (Mityon is asking 164K ++).

For the potential buyers out there: Got my white Forza last week for 160K incl. registration fees, 2 year theft insurance and NO additional charge for payment with credit card @ Honda Piya in Rayong city.

Finally i am a owner of a white honda forza. Maybe from next month i will start to customize the bike a little. Where You think i have to start ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Thaivisa Connect Thailand

theres a thai guy beside me with a heavily customised white one

hes replaced half the stock components with gold ones and hes got a lovely looking custom seat made

but i think the akro exhuast is the best thing ,it sounds like a big bike now and police dont seem to mind because

its a big"ish" bike :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with my dealer Honda Piya here in Rayong. A week before hitting 1000 km, I ask them if they have the oil filter in stock, in preparation for getting it changed. "Yes, in stock." Excellent. The week after I take the bike in, only to discover that while they do have the filter, they don't have the required tool, and it will take them a couple of weeks to get it. Great. Two weeks later, the tool still has not arrived, and they now can't even say when they expect to get it. Could take a month, for all they know. I'm now nearing 1300 km, and feeling rather dubious about the whole situation. Quite frankly, seeing the dealer's level of professionalism, I don't actually trust them to do the filter change properly, and much less do anything valuable during the 1000 km service check.

What would you guys do?

Edited by crishoj

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with my dealer Honda Piya here in Rayong. A week before hitting 1000 km, I ask them if they have the oil filter in stock, in preparation for getting it changed. "Yes, in stock." Excellent. The week after I take the bike in, only to discover that while they do have the filter, they don't have the required tool, and it will take them a couple of weeks to get it. Great. Two weeks later, the tool still has not arrived, and they now can't even say when they expect to get it. Could take a month, for all they know. I'm now nearing 1300 km, and feeling rather dubious about the whole situation. Quite frankly, seeing the dealer's level of professionalism, I don't actually trust them to do the filter change properly, and much less do anything valuable during the 1000 km service check.

What would you guys do?

My experience: dealers are just like all others "mechanics" but more expensive and with an attitude.

Drop the bike there and ask the filter changed with or without the tool. Normally all is needed is a single blow to losen it.

If they can't do it, move on to another shop and you will have the chance to complain to Honda Thailand, if that makes you happy.

go to another honda dealer. what kind of precious different tool it needs to change an oil filter?

and even if they dont have, does it really take two weeks to get one? funny really.

Edited by ll2

go to another honda dealer. what kind of precious different tool it needs to change an oil filter?

and even if they dont have, does it really take two weeks to get one? funny really.

Sometime the filter is totally recessed and a sort of pipe clamp is needed to grab it. Generally easy to fabricate something for the purpose.

Two weeks are probably needed because Honda "central" has never sold or seen one, as the other dealers know better and don't bother ordering it.

"Know better" as in they would improvise a solution rather than getting the official tool?

Yes, it is a common practice in quality mechanical shops since some 100 years to be able to come up with perfectly working solutions for small problems without waiting for mothership to come in relief. It is called ingenuity and is one of the most important skills in any industry.

Edited by paz

Ha ha, I didn't mean to belittle the trade of mechanics. The Honda manual just indicates the importance of tightening the filter to a specific torque, and my layman guesswork tells me that would be harder to achieve with an ad hoc tool.

Ha ha, I didn't mean to belittle the trade of mechanics. The Honda manual just indicates the importance of tightening the filter to a specific torque, and my layman guesswork tells me that would be harder to achieve with an ad hoc tool.

What Honda means by that is that the filter must not be overthigtened. Correct torque is hand tightening.

Link to a random discussion

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130426205752AAWAhe6

Edited by paz

Hi Forza owner, there's a Songkran sales going on in Coocase Boutique Showroom from 1-12 Apr 2014 with 25% off from special price. Anyone interested please visit our showroom or click "Like" on our fan page for more info and enq.

Thanks

Coocase Boutique

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=265609826948957&set=o.274149116021576&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/coocasethailand/posts/443264492443370?notif_t=like

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=443265665776586&set=a.285625031540651.44834.274149116021576&type=1&theater

post-184157-0-36186800-1396390905_thumb.

post-184157-0-47512500-1396390962_thumb.

post-184157-0-30562600-1396391104_thumb.

post-184157-0-66953400-1396391187_thumb.

Have a Honda PCX 125 looking to upgrade to a new Forza immediately.

Any reputable dealerships anyone cares to recommend? I live around Rama 2 Central Plaza, but do not mind driving coming to where they have the good deal.

What colors are available in Thailand? The honda brochure only indicates Black, White, Red, while other videos have Grey, and other composite mixes.

thanks in advance,

kind regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody put the malossi multivar ? Where I can buy one in pattaya ? I am also interesting in the akrapovic. Anybody have dan this before ? Thank you

Send a message to Brian, one of the sponsors on here under the name of 'Sumet Cycle'

He will quote you for a delivered Akrapovic and possibly for the Malossi variator.

Edited by Phatcharanan

Hallo

Look at my Video

Have the acceleration to 100 kmh
by 4-5 sec faster.
Higher speed: Drehzahl 1.000
A malossi multivar is Money For Nothing .
Just use only for 1200 Baht Malosi 14 gram
or Dr Pully 14 grmm. 1600 baht
Akrapovic Pipe is good..
The best however.
Put the Boring Forza in the corner
And buy the
Honda 700 or Honda 750 Intrega.
I it is also at home.
Best wish

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anybody put the malossi multivar ? Where I can buy one in pattaya ? I am also interesting in the akrapovic. Anybody have dan this before ? Thank you

Send a message to Brian, one of the sponsors on here under the name of 'Sumet Cycle'

He will quote you for a delivered Akrapovic and possibly for the Malossi variator.

Thank you. I will do that

Hallo

Look at my Video

by 4-5 sec faster.
Akrapovic Pipe is good..
The best however.
And buy the
I it is also at home.
Best wish

What about the clutch? Anyway impressive acceleration, you also have in your scooter an akrapovic?

Hallo

Look at my Video

by 4-5 sec faster.
Akrapovic Pipe is good..
The best however.
And buy the
I it is also at home.
Best wish

average km/pl 24+ ??

i get about 16 burning around town when i use the forza ..........but

if i take it easy and drive like an old woman i dont get above 22

what fuel do you use ?

how much do u weigh ?

how many kg lighter is the akrapovic ?

i must be doing something wrong lol :)

Hallo

Look at my Video

by 4-5 sec faster.
Akrapovic Pipe is good..
The best however.
And buy the
I it is also at home.
Best wish

average km/pl 24+ ??

what fuel do you use ?

how much do u weigh ?

how many kg lighter is the akrapovic ?

i must be doing something wrong lol smile.png

Yes, you must be doing something wrong, 55555... I get about 26.5 running around in the town.

What gas are you using?

In my recent experience of riding from Rayong up to Chiang Khan, then onto Nan:

• Aggressive riding on gasohol 91 gives me 24 km/l
  • Aggreesive riding on gasohol 95 gives me 27 km/l
  • Riding somewhat like "an old woman" on the regular (non-gasohol) "benzine" (เบ็นซิน) gives me 31 km/l

This is all with a passenger, a "cruising backrest" box, and a full load of luggage.

Hallo

Look at my Video

by 4-5 sec faster.
Akrapovic Pipe is good..
The best however.
And buy the
I it is also at home.
Best wish

I'm not quite sure what you write here, can you explain further? What did you do to your bike, and where you can buy this?

Is this something that you can install yourself, or have a Honda mechanic to have it done?

hallo Whit 16 gramm

i Use 91 Gasohol.. und I Have 100 Kg

Average agresive Driving now 23 -24

Slow Drivind 27-28

Pipe I only Use Leo Vince. I think 2 Kg .

Dr Pully Or Mallosi Is Easy to install.

Order Dr. Pully in Germany

is come in 1 weeck whit Letter.

you need Help or Cosult send me Email.

Best wish

I'm not quite sure what you write here, can you explain further? What did you do to your bike, and where you can buy this?

He is describing 3 possible modifications for changing the performance of the bike:

1. replace exhaust system (Akrapovic pipe)
  2. replace the roller weights in the variator (Malossi / Dr Pulley, 14 gram)
  3. replace the entire variator (Malossi Multivar)

The variator is, as far as I understand (someone more knowledgable please correct me), essentially the component that determines what gear ratio to use for any given situation (speed/torque/?). There is a trade-off between maximum performance and maximum efficiency here, and your bike comes "pre-programmed" from Honda with a certain choice in this trade-off. By altering or replacing the variator, your can tip this balance to suit your own needs, e.g. get a more swift acceleration (through a higher RPM) at the cost of lower fuel efficiency.

As for the exhaust system, I have no clue : )

Can someone explain?

Is this something that you can install yourself, or have a Honda mechanic to have it done?

It appears to be possible to do it yourself, but I sincerely doubt the cost of having a skilled mechanic do the job for you here would outweigh the convenience.