Favorite Thing About Thailand

yourauntbob

Ok, TV members (including myself) like to fill most of their posts with complaints and problems, so in the spirit of balancing the scales a bit i would like to know

"What is your favorite thing about Thailand?"

I'll go first, I like the fact that i can live as poor or as modern (expensive) as I would like and can choose day to day. One day I take the missus out to a four star meal, buy some state of the art electronics, and enjoy a nice bottle of wine while sitting in the garden. The next day I can hope on a free bus, go into the city to walk through a park, and eat some 20-40 baht street food.

What about you?

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's the same as 'cms989' - well put, it's freedom combined with creature comforts, so in a word it's the lifestyle here that's my favourite thing. You can find a massage anywhere, then go for a blissfully air conditioned drive while sipping on an iced coffee. I'd say that's my definition of the Thai 'lifestyle' that appeals.

• Like 1

Hard to decide between dealing with

• Thai Immigration
  • Labor department
  • Banks particularly for international issues
  • Taxi drivers
  • Having fun on jet skis
  • Multicultural chit chats in the bars.
  • The security, knowing that every bar has an ex or serving Special forces expat present.

Hard to decide between dealing with

• Thai Immigration
  • Labor department
  • Banks particularly for international issues
  • Taxi drivers
  • Having fun on jet skis
  • Multicultural chit chats in the bars.
  • The security, knowing that every bar has an ex or serving Special forces expat present.

again, trying to look at the brighter side of things, i am hoping this is going to be a no complaint thread (i know its wishful thinking) whistling.gif

I love everything about Thailand, including the corruption.

You love the dengue fever? coffee1.gif

Where is there dengue fever? is it common?

Had Dengue, had Malaria, had food poisoning, had quite a few hangovers, it's like everything it goes away after treatment. And to JaiLai travelling around Thailand you can get any of these problems or Asia for that matter.

I love everything about Thailand, including the corruption.

You love the dengue fever? coffee1.gif

Where is there dengue fever? is it common?

Had Dengue, had Malaria, had food poisoning, had quite a few hangovers, it's like everything it goes away after treatment. And to JaiLai travelling around Thailand you can get any of these problems or Asia for that matter.

Did not think dengue was very common in Thailand nowadays - every day's a school day!

Spending every waking hour sat in front of a PC, moaning about anything and everything to do with Thailand, the country I chose to come to.

Why aren't they more grateful, why am I not appreciated, ?

When I came here for the first time in early 1990, I saw a Thai guy in a Benz, I assumed he wa a chauffer..and as for the ALL Thais think Farangs are rich, that myth went away a long time ago, now they know most Farangs ain't got a pot to piss in.

-Street food and particularly meat on a stick

-Feeling like I am visiting a place in the past. Not quite time machine but close sometimes.

-Tropical weather and nature stuff

-Culture shock in both good and bad ways.. Even the bad aspects are largely fascinating.

-The more you learn about Thailand the more you realize you don't understand it at all

• Like 1