Why do I get the feeling that someone is playing games with the Thai Baht.

I see this morning a Bkk Bnk report on 28.99 B vs the US$. Broke thru the 20 baht floor.

Thailand is not that strong economically nor is the US that bad off ecoomically, and this it Thailand so TIT

I do think someone in a strong position is playing games with the currency.

G

no games Gonzo, just offer and demand.

Good one Naam,

you know you like to move the baht a couple of cents before breakfast just so you can get a few of these conspiracy theory threads going on TV. Own up. It was YOU ;)

Don't worry check out the Thai News forum,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/626913-bank-of-thailand-alert-as-economy-heats-up/#entry6219436

"The rice scam is big enough to break Thailand. So is a couple of tril
for a high speed rail, most of which money would be siphoned off due to
corruption but the country would still owe it.

Thailand is like a rocket going straight up, about to run out of fuel."

Don't worry the Chinese economy has crashed and Thailand is only minutes away from financial disaster.

The South. No not the South, the West will rise again. Ya that's it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/626913-bank-of-thailand-alert-as-economy-heats-up/#entry6219436

Don't worry the Chinese economy has crashed and Thailand is only minutes away from financial disaster.

There is nothing wrong with owing money that is used for investment purposes. Most people in places like the UK owe money to banks for their mortgages. But this is a much better option than owing nothing and paying rent. Some people seem to have the mistaken opinion that all debt is bad. Some types of debt are good. It remains to be seen, but I think debt for investment in a high speed rail link will be very good indeed. It will attract more tourists, and will boost investment when it eventually links to China and other countries nearby. Infrastructure investment is usually a good thing, though it depends on teh exact investment. I think many on here (TV) don't like to see Thailand developing and moving forward.

There is nothing wrong with owing money that is used for investment purposes. Most people in places like the UK owe money to banks for their mortgages. But this is a much better option than owing nothing and paying rent. Some people seem to have the mistaken opinion that all debt is bad. Some types of debt are good. It remains to be seen, but I think debt for investment in a high speed rail link will be very good indeed. It will attract more tourists, and will boost investment when it eventually links to China and other countries nearby. Infrastructure investment is usually a good thing, though it depends on teh exact investment. I think many on here (TV) don't like to see Thailand developing and moving forward.

I wish they woujd invest in electricity, water, telecom., and the internet first. If I have three out of four it's a good day for me.

We don't all live in the city.

• Like 1

In your heart of hearts I think that you feel Thailand in moving forward. But how about your brain of brains, do you think, seriouslly, that this country has been on the right path for the past several years. Or on the right path to satisify a certain group greed and corruption needs?

>no games Gonzo, just offer and demand.

Good one Naam,

you know you like to move the baht a couple of cents before breakfast just so you can get a few of these conspiracy theory threads going on TV. Own up. It was YOU wink.png

i only confess to early last week when i converted substantial amounts of Dollars and EURos into Baht. besides these crimes i am as innocent as a 33 year old young bargirl working since 1999 in Pattaya. and if you don't believe me ask my dogs. they are my witnesses.

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1

Would be ok with if it was for investment purposes

but like the money given for the new police stations

too much money will be siphoned off the top and the

amount they claim is being invested in various projects

is far from the real amount.

Would be ok with if it was for investment purposes

but like the money given for the new police stations

too much money will be siphoned off the top and the

amount they claim is being invested in various projects

is far from the real amount.

But when the total cost is stil half or less than what it would cost for the same thing in the west and twice of thrice as fast, its still a good investment, despite the skim!

More than the asian skim would go on useless western "planning consultations" and "enquiries", "reports" or reports of investigations for 10or 15 years, followed by a bid process where the winner would eventually spend triple quote because they know governments are suckers/ or corrupt out of eye, shhh west is not corrupt ;)

In your heart of hearts I think that you feel Thailand in moving forward. But how about your brain of brains, do you think, seriouslly, that this country has been on the right path for the past several years. Or on the right path to satisify a certain group greed and corruption needs?

I don't think you should talk like that about people who can read a balance sheet. On the whole even though they are literate they are no worse than the average taxi driver morally except they have some financial training. Admittedly Naam and I have made some money but I don't think that is reason to call us greedy and corrupt.biggrin.png

I wish they woujd invest in electricity, water, telecom., and the internet first. If I have three out of four it's a good day for me.

We don't all live in the city.

A telephone line would be nice sad.png

• Like 1

the US that bad off economically, and this it Thailand so TIT - Excuse me professor the US has the worlds largest debt and is virtually bankrupt, most of the US is owned by China, Japan and the UK so, why the TIT?

If you want the right answer google who owns US debt and not foreign holders of US debt. But I doubt if you would really want the right answer.

the US that bad off economically, and this it Thailand so TIT - Excuse me professor the US has the worlds largest debt and is virtually bankrupt, most of the US is owned by China, Japan and the UK so, why the TIT?

That is true but Gonzo could be forgiven for thinking what he does.

Looking at the USD back to Jan 2011 even now it is at a reasonable level if not approaching

its high for that period

Yet the Baht is strengthening & that is another story of its own

As of now the usd/thb is setting new 10 year lows 29.06 avg TT rate yet look at the dollar 10 year & it is no where

near its 10 year lows.

So if a person based it just on the "USD" strength it would not make sense.

As a side note this came out yesterday

Thai Cabinet OKs Borrowing $68B for Megaprojects

Everyday USD rate is going down, no matter what happens. Euro goes down, USD gains value everywhere but not in Thailand! USD goes down consistently in Thailand.

For everyday I hesitate to bring funds via Swift transfer, I lose more money. Its very annoying.

Went by the gold shop at Soi 10 Sukhumvit and gold has dropped 200 Baht while NY Spot went up to over 1612.

The management is very worried that Thai Baht Gold is not going up like world gold all because of the Baht at 29.00 area.

Everyday USD rate is going down, no matter what happens. Euro goes down, USD gains value everywhere but not in Thailand! USD goes down consistently in Thailand.

For everyday I hesitate to bring funds via Swift transfer, I lose more money. Its very annoying.

Yes that can be frustrating.

I do not need to transfer yet but the reason I was going to is fading.

That is that the interest rates here on savings "were" so much better.

But that too is falling.

>no games Gonzo, just offer and demand.

Good one Naam,

you know you like to move the baht a couple of cents before breakfast just so you can get a few of these conspiracy theory threads going on TV. Own up. It was YOU wink.png

i only confess to early last week when i converted substantial amounts of Dollars and EURos into Baht. besides these crimes i am as innocent as a 33 year old young bargirl working since 1999 in Pattaya. and if you don't believe me ask my dogs. they are my witnesses.

You should explain that there are two sides to every trade.

Someone/some institution somewhere was happy to buy your Dollars and Euros, otherwise you would still be holding them.

There were willing buyers so everyone happy (especially you) smile.png