Video Of Men Brutally Beating Women Draws Ire Of Thai Netizens

webfact

Considering the warning about violence and 'men brutally beating women' - why watch it ? - just so you could say 'It made me feel sick' afterwards ? And no, i didn't watch it, and i won't. I would if i was in some way connected, or if by doing so i could help with the punishment of the offenders. I will not be a voyeur of barbarism.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I saw a video that made me this angry, were planes flying into buildings in New York.

Let me get this right.

Several women are beat up which is alarming and should be investigated within a culture that commonly overlooks such behavior and you are comparing that to 3,000 people dying?

I must be missing something here.

I was talking about how angry the video made me, not the body count. But hey I'm here to help. I suggest giving these folks a call:

http://www.auathailand.org/thai/index.php

• Like 1

Last time I saw a video that made me this angry, were planes flying into buildings in New York.

Let me get this right.

Several women are beat up which is alarming and should be investigated within a culture that commonly overlooks such behavior and you are comparing that to 3,000 people dying?

I must be missing something here.

I was talking about how angry the video made me, not the body count. But hey I'm here to help. I suggest giving these folks a call:

http://www.auathailand.org/thai/index.php

Sorry, I don't have conversations with people that exist in a fantasy world. Get a grip, then we can talk.

So disgusted by these sickening acts that you just HAD to post the video?

If you clicked 'play' on that video then claimed to be repelled by it, you're a hypocritical, curtain-twitching voyeur. It's contents were spelled out in 40-point bold text. Why did you watch it?

Oh c'mon ,it's viral ,out there for all to see .A matter of choice..The same sh1t goes on worldwide ...More often the folk levelling out the punishment are a lot bigger than these mugs in the video.Burying ye noggin in the dunes does no good,if you feel so strongly about it grab yeself a cape n mask n go save em.

Heroes everywhere

"Before we get started let me make it very clear that derogatory
generalizations about all Thai men will NOT be tolerated. Plenty of
foreign men are just as happy to beat up women as Thai as well as men of
every other nationality. So, don't even start down that road."

Sorry, but although your right that this can happen anywhere. It seems that here, like other crimes it's much more common because they get away with it.

This wife/girlfriend bashing is part of Asian culture, even to the point where the women seem to think it's a given thing.

Whilst with other crimes, where it's down to the police to deal with, this is and should be different.

In the UK if this was in public (and it often is here in public). Then someone would go to help, and there's every chance the man involved would get a beating from standers by.

Here they seem to just watch for their own amusement, and as a farang it's frustrating because you can't get involved/interfere with Thai problems.

• Like 2

I for one believe that every living thing is born without having a clue about hate, anger or violence against other living things. When I see stuff like this I wonder what the he** happens when people grow up.

-

When they grow up observing violence, 90% purposefully directed at women, they end up thinking it's normal and OK.

• Like 1

My wife of 11 years still thinks that one day I will beat her up and this distresses me. During our time together I have laid harsh words on her twice and then not at length. It seems that maybe Thai women expect to be beaten or that they think it is normal behaviour, certainly her Thai 'husband' smacked her around at times. Her sister was also beaten more than once by her husband unknown to me. The last occasion was in front of his 6 year old daughter who promptly disowned him and told him to leave. He did just that, which saved me a job.

"It seems that maybe Thai women expect to be beaten or that they think it is normal behaviour"

Every Thai woman certainly not!

I did asked my wife five second ago if in her 15 years with her Thai husband she was beaten, she looked at me in disbelieve, why this question? Never never!

Again why? I sow her your post: She addevery Thai women beaten, him ting tong, papa never touch mama same same for my daughter, Poon ( the boyfriend) never do.

I don't know, maybe in south, yes I see sometimes in streets but not everywhere, not in North, so SHE doest not nor expect nor believes she could be beaten, but believes it happened sometimes somewhere... Not samewai.gif

Plus I am friend with my ex owner she lived 14 years in canada, speaks better English than me I doubt any man could ever think raise a hand on her without being in big big trouble.

My wife of 11 years still thinks that one day I will beat her up and this distresses me. During our time together I have laid harsh words on her twice and then not at length. It seems that maybe Thai women expect to be beaten or that they think it is normal behaviour, certainly her Thai 'husband' smacked her around at times. Her sister was also beaten more than once by her husband unknown to me. The last occasion was in front of his 6 year old daughter who promptly disowned him and told him to leave. He did just that, which saved me a job.

"It seems that maybe Thai women expect to be beaten or that they think it is normal behaviour"

Every Thai woman certainly not!

I did asked my wife five second ago if in her 15 years with her Thai husband she was beaten, she looked at me in disbelieve, why this question? Never never!

Again why? I sow her your post: She addevery Thai women beaten, him ting tong, papa never touch mama same same for my daughter, Poon ( the boyfriend) never do.

I don't know, maybe in south, yes I see sometimes in streets but not everywhere, not in North, so SHE doest not nor expect nor believes she could be beaten, but believes it happened sometimes somewhere... Not samewai.gif

Plus I am friend with my ex owner she lived 14 years in canada, speaks better English than me I doubt any man could ever think raise a hand on her without being in big big trouble.

Ex owner?Are you a dog or something and if so where did you learn to type?

Before we get started let me make it very clear that derogatory generalizations about all Thai men will NOT be tolerated. Plenty of foreign men are just as happy to beat up women as Thai as well as men of every other nationality. So, don't even start down that road.

Cheers

It happens everywhere, but where it's against the law to batter someone in public and it's more enforced, the beatings happen "in private", where evidence has to be procured for justice, which is difficult to do. In domestic violence cases in the US, if a woman hits back, she might end up in jail for at least one night and be arrested. The issue is not Thai men, or men in other countries, but how the law deals with violence when men hit women. If it's a domestic violence situation, the laws somehow relax a lot more towards the males. If it's a stranger beating a woman, the situation is slightly different.
I don't know what state you are from but in my state if the police show up because the neighbor heard you yelling at your wife you get to spend one night in jail and possibly get to spend a few weeks away from home while you get anger management counselling. That is what happened to a friend of mine even though he did not strike his wife and his wife did not want the police to take her husband away. It caused quite a problem for them since he was not allowed to be within 100 yards of his wife or kids and had to pay for a hotel the entire time.

The Thai police are no use. I and my wife can speak from experience, My now wife had a Thai man, she meet him at school as any nationality Youths do, they stayed together for years, she had two children by him, he started beating her after losing his money gambling on cards, he would come home and knock her senseless, after a few times he started to use the usual a Thai piece of wood, he knocked one of her teeth out, dislocated her jaw, and had stitches above her left eye. after a while her Uncle and Brother had a word with him, He went to the Police and complained that he had been beaten up, he came home and gave her two children away, she never saw them for 6 years the youngest was 18 months, all the police said was its a family matter sort it pout yourself. So if that's a Thai lady they don't care about foreigners.

Also next time people call bar Girls hoers and prostitutes< they do it because its easy money, just think. why they are there , you will never know the truth. or there situation.

Edited by Thongkorn

Before we get started let me make it very clear that derogatory generalizations about all Thai men will NOT be tolerated. Plenty of foreign men are just as happy to beat up women as Thai as well as men of every other nationality. So, don't even start down that road.

Cheers

It happens everywhere, but where it's against the law to batter someone in public and it's more enforced, the beatings happen "in private", where evidence has to be procured for justice, which is difficult to do. In domestic violence cases in the US, if a woman hits back, she might end up in jail for at least one night and be arrested. The issue is not Thai men, or men in other countries, but how the law deals with violence when men hit women. If it's a domestic violence situation, the laws somehow relax a lot more towards the males. If it's a stranger beating a woman, the situation is slightly different.
I don't know what state you are from but in my state if the police show up because the neighbor heard you yelling at your wife you get to spend one night in jail and possibly get to spend a few weeks away from home while you get anger management counselling. That is what happened to a friend of mine even though he did not strike his wife and his wife did not want the police to take her husband away. It caused quite a problem for them since he was not allowed to be within 100 yards of his wife or kids and had to pay for a hotel the entire time.

Land of the free?

The Thai police are no use. I and my wife can speak from experience, My now wife had a Thai man, she meet him at school as any nationality Youths do, they stayed together for years, she had two children by him, he started beating her after losing his money gambling on cards, he would come home and knock her senseless, after a few times he started to use the usual a Thai piece of wood, he knocked one of her teeth out, dislocated her jaw, and had stitches above her left eye. after a while her Uncle and Brother had a word with him, He went to the Police and complained that he had been beaten up, he came home and gave her two children away, she never saw them for 6 years the youngest was 18 months, all the police said was its a family matter sort it pout yourself. So if that's a Thai lady they don't care about foreigners.

Also next time people call bar Girls hoers and prostitutes< they do it because its easy money, just think. why they are there , you will never know the truth. or there situation.

I do actually,they are usually raped at a young age by their Fathers or Brothers or both in an Isaan village.Then the Brother pimps her out to his friends for 20 baht a go,so when the recruiter comes along and asks her if she wants to make some real money doing what she's being forced to do against her will already and live in Bangkok to boot...sad.png

Cheers

same here in Arizona. They also have policies like "someone has to go to jail."

This is common practise of pimps worldwide, why focus on the specific video because it's obviously thai or burmese ?

What this video implies is that pimps beat the women within their range of power. Women get beaten, get gang raped, get tortured and some get killed and maimed. Some get thrown into rooms where they get gang raped over a long period before they get dumped into concrete or fed to the dogs.

It's this society that makes men become pimps, makes brutes of pimps and from a ruthless pimp to a bloody murderer it is only a small step. Men beat women is the common practise in millions of marriages.

JUST WHAT are you discussing about which this video shows ?

Subsequent reports suggest that the video may have been made in Malaysia and a translation [of the Burmese] would further indicate that the assault was carried out as some kind of warning for the career choice.

Irrespective these people are beneath contempt, and what ever the alleged excuse there's no rationale for such vicious bullying violent actions. Inadequacy rules it seems.

Any bets on these individuals never being given the justice they richly deserve?

A nonsense post commenting on moderation has been removed. Another post containing a link that has been blocked by MCOT has been removed as well.

MCOT can block websites??? blink.png

typo I am sure, its MICT as I am sure you know.

• Like 1

A nonsense post commenting on moderation has been removed. Another post containing a link that has been blocked by MCOT has been removed as well.

MCOT can block websites??? blink.png

typo I am sure, its MICT as I am sure you know.

Oops, yes an error there, I have edited the error to the correct one.

• Like 1

"Draws Ire Of Thai Netizens".

This is a part of Thai culture. Why are Thai "netizens" disturbed? Every Thai understands this. Thais are upset because everyone can see this for real.

Remember: Thai culture is controlled by Thai guy.

Psssttt....Chinese guys...
Chinese guys?