Would You Still Buy A Ford Wildtrak 3.2 In 2014

Bosscat

Speaking of the 3.2 WT, on my way home last night I enjoyed some racing with one (chili orange) on the expressway.

Traffic was light towards Dao Kanong and he came charging up behind me. At about 90kmh we were level in terms of speed with him behind me.

I gunned it, turbo kicked in and must say my lil 2.5 held it's own and he didn't catch me in a km or so and speeds up to 150-160kmh until he turned off to take the Chaing Wattana exit and I kept going towards the bridge.

Sometimes you just need to have to have some fun...and blow out the carbon smile.png

At those initial speeds both engines were in their power bands, might be a bit different at the stop light drags........whistling.gif

Speaking of the 3.2 WT, on my way home last night I enjoyed some racing with one (chili orange) on the expressway.

Traffic was light towards Dao Kanong and he came charging up behind me. At about 90kmh we were level in terms of speed with him behind me.

I gunned it, turbo kicked in and must say my lil 2.5 held it's own and he didn't catch me in a km or so and speeds up to 150-160kmh until he turned off to take the Chaing Wattana exit and I kept going towards the bridge.

Sometimes you just need to have to have some fun...and blow out the carbon smile.png

At those initial speeds both engines were in their power bands, might be a bit different at the stop light drags........whistling.gif

yea probably correct, i would hope so...

Not sure about the tint, it came from the dealer like that. I don't want people to see in because its easier to bring ladyboys back to my house without being noticed by the locals.

Are you concerned about the locals taking a fancy to your ladyboys?

I bought the 3.2 Wildtrak last Friday. The car had to be brought up from Bangkok as it's near impossible to get one in my neck of the woods. Never mind the talk about having to wait for months to get one. I got exactly what I wanted, White. The car was delivered the very next day. All I can say is DAMN. This truck is unreal. It drives so smoothly and quieter than the Isuzu V-Cross. I am simply amazed at this vehicle. Ford has certainly done their homework.

The first of the next gen trucks is due to be unveiled in the next couple of weeks (new Navara 2.3L twin turbo w/200HP), with the new Mistu expected in another 4-5 months, and Hilux test mules already on the roads for a 2015 launch, so Ford's day in the sun could be coming to an end... Just as they manage to deliver ;)

• Like 1

The first of the next gen trucks is due to be unveiled in the next couple of weeks (new Navara 2.3L twin turbo w/200HP), with the new Mistu expected in another 4-5 months, and Hilux test mules already on the roads for a 2015 launch, so Ford's day in the sun could be coming to an end... Just as they manage to deliver wink.png

are you sure the new navara gets the renault twin and not the usa cummins?

check this story out http://www.themotorreport.com.au/58732/2015-nissan-navara

Edited by bkkjames

The Cummings would whack the price up, plus Nissan and Renault are linked.coffee1.gif

Well maybe they will produce it here as the story says and only export the cummins to the usa? I can't see them having two separate engine lines for the same truck here though?

The Cummings would whack the price up, plus Nissan and Renault are linked.coffee1.gif

Well maybe they will produce it here as the story says and only export the cummins to the usa? I can't see them having two separate engine lines for the same truck here though?

My guess is both the Renault and Cumins engines will be imported and fitted to the vehicle depending on end user market.

The first of the next gen trucks is due to be unveiled in the next couple of weeks (new Navara 2.3L twin turbo w/200HP), with the new Mistu expected in another 4-5 months, and Hilux test mules already on the roads for a 2015 launch, so Ford's day in the sun could be coming to an end... Just as they manage to deliver wink.png

The word on the local grapevine is, the 2.3L twin for TH.... but nothing is sure until it's actually released ;)

The way I read that story, is it's an Aussie journo mixing up info from the US and AU/TH model - i.e. adding 2+2 and getting 5 :)

Anyways, not too long now...

• 2 weeks later...

Not even two weeks and some drunk sleepy Thai falls asleep at the wheel and crashes into my right rear fender, destroying the tail light and causing significant damage to the panel. Man was I pissed off. The damage isn't that bad...but ...Only two weeks with the car. The wife says the reason for the accident is because I didn't have the car blessed at the Monkery.post-189558-0-14790700-1399851813_thumb.

Not even two weeks and some drunk sleepy Thai falls asleep at the wheel and crashes into my right rear fender, destroying the tail light and causing significant damage to the panel. Man was I pissed off. The damage isn't that bad...but ...Only two weeks with the car. The wife says the reason for the accident is because I didn't have the car blessed at the Monkery.

Ouch!

Man, do I feel your pain!!

Not even two weeks and some drunk sleepy Thai falls asleep at the wheel and crashes into my right rear fender, destroying the tail light and causing significant damage to the panel. Man was I pissed off. The damage isn't that bad...but ...Only two weeks with the car. The wife says the reason for the accident is because I didn't have the car blessed at the Monkery.attachicon.gifImage00001.jpg

Yeap...That's sucks...

(...and it's your fault...tongue.png )

Not even two weeks and some drunk sleepy Thai falls asleep at the wheel and crashes into my right rear fender, destroying the tail light and causing significant damage to the panel. Man was I pissed off. The damage isn't that bad...but ...Only two weeks with the car. The wife says the reason for the accident is because I didn't have the car blessed at the Monkery.attachicon.gifImage00001.jpg

She's right whistling.gif .......................smile.png

She's right whistling.gif .......................smile.png

I think he had a couple too many pints and backed into the poll at his pub and now it's some other drunks fault ...:)

His little black Honda was messed up pretty bad. There were no other cars on the road at the time and no hazardous road conditions (except him). I was in the far left lane doing the speed limit. The guy had his mother in the car and she sustained a slight but bloody head injury.

The shop told me it's actually pretty easy to fix the damage. The remove that entire rear panel and just fit it with a new one painted to match. I hope that's true because it doesn't look that easy to remove that section. I'm no body repair expert so I don't know. One thing is for sure, no way will there be in pounding or bondo. I was sold I have to wait a week for the part to be ordered and shipped from Bangkok or wherever they come from.

Here's something interesting. The 3.2 Wildtrak has only one clear backup light located on the passenger side. The one on the right as you can see in the previous photo is red. I'm not sure why they made this exclusive to the 3.2 version of the wildtrak as it doesn't seem to be the case with the 2.2 model. Perhaps it has something to do with the rear camera? Anyone want to speculate?

Here's the other guy's car.

post-189558-0-28983600-1399960392_thumb.

Nothing to do with the Camera. The red on the right side taillight is a fog light I think.

Exactly correct Spoony. My car had two rear red lenses and the Dealer had great difficulty accepting the fact it wasn't correct. Eventually they replaced the left side with a clear lens. I had trouble getting them to understand my red left hand lens was supposed to be on a LHD vehicle.

Yeah, the single clear backup light threw me for a minute too on our new Ecosport. I almost got to the point of calling the dealer and telling them they had screwed up. blink.png

I thought the red lens on the rear drivers side was something to do with that camera-like sensor? Fog light? I did notice it is only on the top models, so it must be something useful, the lower models have two backup lights.

Yeah, the single clear backup light threw me for a minute too on our new Ecosport. I almost got to the point of calling the dealer and telling them they had screwed up. blink.png

I thought the red lens on the rear drivers side was something to do with that camera-like sensor? Fog light? I did notice it is only on the top models, so it must be something useful, the lower models have two backup lights.

Lower models do not get driven in fog. Especially in TH

• 2 weeks later...

I got the car back from the repair shop. Wow! I am impressed. No way in hell that you can see the car was in an accident. The shop literally replaced the entire bed! No bondo job here. They had to order the parts from Bangkok of course....and that rear tire had to be replaced with the insurance company only covering 50% of the tire. 5,100 baht I had to shell out. So when it comes time to buy new tires...OMG 40,000 baht. Ugh.

• Like 1

I don't for 1 second believe those tyres are Bt.10,200 each. Nice one getting the whole tub replaced though, I was expecting they just put a new skin on the side.

Me too.

OP, What was the tyre and size please............?

Might be more expensive because of the 18" rubber on it,

I guess I'll find out in due course when my tires need changing in 3 years or 50K kms whistling.gif

265/60 R18, taken from the Ford website

Rim Diameter Section Width Aspect Ratio Load Index Speed Index Price* 18 265 60 110 H ฿12200

Just did a little pokeing around on the michelin website, that 18" rubber has a premium

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 1

Cockpit tend to over price but for the sake of the discussion they want 10 - 11.5k baht per tyre for 265/60R18 Bridgstones, depending on model. I don't like the Dueler HT much but an old post on TV reckoned the Dueler HP Sport tyres were good, (they would want to be at that price). There are cheaper alternatives like Hankook or Nitto. As always YMMV.

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1