Would You Still Buy A Ford Wildtrak 3.2 In 2014

Bosscat

• 4 months later...

This morning I got in my Wildtrak and there was no a.c. lights on , despite twiddling and pushing every knob and button , nothing.

So i figure a fuse has blown. I drove to the Ford dealers , lucky it was cool and wet this morning.

They fixed it in 20 minutes , I asked the wife to ask them , " was it a fuse " the mech / tech said " before you turn your engine off you must close your ac unit otherwise it will bugger the compressor up.

I have never heard of this , I had a Toyota prior to the Ford and never turned the ac off when turning the engine off and never had the slightest problem.

My wife told me one her friends had a Ford Wildtrak the same as ours and the compressor was buggered within the first year.

Is it possible this could just be a Ford problem ?

This morning I got in my Wildtrak and there was no a.c. lights on , despite twiddling and pushing every knob and button , nothing.

So i figure a fuse has blown. I drove to the Ford dealers , lucky it was cool and wet this morning.

They fixed it in 20 minutes , I asked the wife to ask them , " was it a fuse " the mech / tech said " before you turn your engine off you must close your ac unit otherwise it will bugger the compressor up.

I have never heard of this , I had a Toyota prior to the Ford and never turned the ac off when turning the engine off and never had the slightest problem.

My wife told me one her friends had a Ford Wildtrak the same as ours and the compressor was buggered within the first year.

I have heard this myth? before , not sure if it was related to Fords only though. Can anyone fill in the gaps?

My Vigo is now in it's eight year, never turned the A/C off. My UK Merc, never turned the A/C climate control off.....

If the new 2014 Hilux looked anything like the Toyota Tundra in the US that would be sweet

Yep, but it's incredibly unlikely - the Tundra's styling is unique, and distinctly "Americanized" - the Hilux is a rest-of-the-world model that needs to appeal to some very un/anti American palettes.

'very anti- American?'... they selling 'em in North Korea then?

I think you should have just stuck with the local styling argument. Loads of Chevrolet's being driven all over SE Asia. Yes, I know, they look like Noddy cars to the average American and are not built in Detroit but I seriously doubt that any car buyers are NOT buying Chevys and Fords just because they are 'American.'

you are cherry picking for effect. he said "un-anti american palletes [sic]"

as in un or anti american tastes

if you cant understand a post, its best to pass it by.

If the new 2014 Hilux looked anything like the Toyota Tundra in the US that would be sweet

Yep, but it's incredibly unlikely - the Tundra's styling is unique, and distinctly "Americanized" - the Hilux is a rest-of-the-world model that needs to appeal to some very un/anti American palettes.

'very anti- American?'... they selling 'em in North Korea then?

I think you should have just stuck with the local styling argument. Loads of Chevrolet's being driven all over SE Asia. Yes, I know, they look like Noddy cars to the average American and are not built in Detroit but I seriously doubt that any car buyers are NOT buying Chevys and Fords just because they are 'American.'

you are cherry picking for effect. he said "un-anti american palletes [sic]"

as in un or anti american tastes

if you cant understand a post, its best to pass it by.

And you have cherry picked my 19 month-old post. Either nothing to do or abysmally slow internet.

Not much of a cherry either. More like sour grapes?

PS. Your HooHaa is showing...

And you have cherry picked my 19 month-old post. Either nothing to do or abysmally slow internet.

Not much of a cherry either. More like sour grapes?

PS. Your HooHaa is showing...

yeah, we got over that nan laew tongue.png

My view is that the American Truck look is fine.In America...Reason is they have bloody great Cummings V8,& Benzine Power, used for heavy haul with double axel wheels, and trailers in many cases. A Gorilla of a truck looks stupid with the piddle sized 4 pots we have here.Just look at those Orange and Red Wildcats, ideal for show offs , not normal everyday folk.A nice everyday truck Toyo or Nissan etc. suits most here.coffee1.gif

• 2 months later...