Would You Still Buy A Ford Wildtrak 3.2 In 2014

Bosscat

Sorry was at work hence late reply. We ordered it June 2012 and were told we would have by Oct. same year than we were told April 2013 and when we were over the end of May we got a shrug of the shoulders and told don't know when. So as I have said I work too hard to give my money

to a company with that sort of attitude.

You sure you will get it in October? smile.png

There is one thing I have learnt in life that there is no guarantees. But the service I have had so far I have no reason

to believe the owner of the dealership and he owns four has promised me that it will ready for me when I arrive

in October. So we will see.

There are so many good pick-ups here I would not wait any longer than a couple of months, personally I don't understand why someone would still be waiting after 1yr and don't mind waiting longer, but everyone is different!!

• Like 1

There are so many good pick-ups here I would not wait any longer than a couple of months, personally I don't understand why someone would still be waiting after 1yr and don't mind waiting longer, but everyone is different!!

Off-course we are, thankfullywink.png .

I waited 8 month for my 2.2WT and since we had a sedan car already not really a problem.

Was it worth the wait? yes absolutelythumbsup.gif , I wasn't really interested in the other brands.

Admittedly we went to the Mazda dealer and tried a BT50 during the long wait and it was a great drive, but both my wife and I agreed that the Ranger looks much better.

Somebody might say why care how a pick-up truck looks, well in our household we care and that's what matters to us, so we waited 8 loooong month.

Well I must admit I much rater the looks of WT over the BT50. But when I saw the two together the Mazda started to grow on me than again it would want to as I was about to buy one. But it was the attitude of the sales people in Mazda and the owner of the dealership could not do enough for us. We get regular phone calls inquiring about the service and only yesterday phoned my mother in-law asking exactly what date we would be back so they could everything we had requested . They have even offered to deliver the truck to Hua Hin to save us getting a taxi down south. This gives you a sense that they care and want the customer happy.

Now Ford on the other hand ....ok I won't start lol

Edited by blowin

Off-course we are, thankfullyPosted Image .

I waited 8 month for my 2.2WT and since we had a sedan car already not really a problem.

Was it worth the wait? yes absolutelyPosted Image , I wasn't really interested in the other brands.

Admittedly we went to the Mazda dealer and tried a BT50 during the long wait and it was a great drive, but both my wife and I agreed that the Ranger looks much better.

Somebody might say why care how a pick-up truck looks, well in our household we care and that's what matters to us, so we waited 8 loooong month.

Well I must admit I much rater the looks of WT over the BT50. But when I saw the two together the Mazda started to grow on me than again it would want to as I was about to buy one. But it was the attitude of the sales people in Mazda and the owner of the dealership could not do enough for us. We get regular phone calls inquiring about the service and only yesterday phoned my mother in-law asking exactly what date we would be back so they could everything we had requested . They have even offered to deliver the truck to Hua Hin to save us getting a taxi down south. This gives you a sense that they care and want the customer happy.

Now Ford on the other hand ....ok I won't start lol

When I had my Mazda car the service was excellent, they could not do enough for us!! rare in his country!!

• Like 2

The service at Ford Pattaya have been excellent too and Ford (BKK-headoffice??) called my wife several times and asked if we are happy with the truck & service.

Okay no test "car" Ranger when we were considering buying one but at Mazda we went straight out for a app. 10km test ride and we could have one in about 3 weeks and very friendly service too.

Honda Pattaya was really bad, no hallo's, no smiles but competent. Thankfully I don't need them anymore, sedan car sold so they can kiss my ass.

I think service vary a lot from city to city, one place very bad and the next good, never mind brand.

Honda Pattaya are probably feed up with grumpy old farangs complaining about this and thatbiggrin.png

The service at Ford Pattaya have been excellent too and Ford (BKK-headoffice??) called my wife several times and asked if we are happy with the truck & service.

Okay no test "car" Ranger when we were considering buying one but at Mazda we went straight out for a app. 10km test ride and we could have one in about 3 weeks and very friendly service too.

Honda Pattaya was really bad, no hallo's, no smiles but competent. Thankfully I don't need them anymore, sedan car sold so they can kiss my ass.

I think service vary a lot from city to city, one place very bad and the next good, never mind brand.

Honda Pattaya are probably feed up with grumpy old farangs complaining about this and thatbiggrin.png

Noooooooo, probably more a job satisfaction thing. whistling.gif

• 8 months later...

What an improvement on delivery, i ordered my 3,2 wildtrack automatic the 2 feb 2014 and to my suprise it arriwed in Surin 3 weeks later. .A friend waited 8 months in 2013 for the 2,2 aut. Ohhh what a bautiful truck, town, highway or terrain. I looked up Ford Norway, the waiting list for the 3,2 aut is 12 months same same in England. This for anybody complain about long waiting for the aut 2,2 or 3,2 aut down here in Thailand. I paid 1,1 mill Bt witch is a bit over 200 000 Norwegian krona, in Norway the same car stands at 890 000 Nkr. The Ford dealer here in Surin has now this year sold more than 200 of mostly the 2,2 but also quite a few 3,2, and this in a little over three months, with the man pocketing around 200 000 Bt pr sale, this is on happy Chineese. lol

• Like 2

If the new 2014 Hilux looked anything like the Toyota Tundra in the US that would be sweet

Yep, but it's incredibly unlikely - the Tundra's styling is unique, and distinctly "Americanized" - the Hilux is a rest-of-the-world model that needs to appeal to some very un/anti American palettes.

'very anti- American?'... they selling 'em in North Korea then?

I think you should have just stuck with the local styling argument. Loads of Chevrolet's being driven all over SE Asia. Yes, I know, they look like Noddy cars to the average American and are not built in Detroit but I seriously doubt that any car buyers are NOT buying Chevys and Fords just because they are 'American.'

I think he meant that the blinged, crass American styling only appeals to Merkins, Aussies and others with little spohistication

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What an improvement on delivery, i ordered my 3,2 Wildtrack automatic the 2 feb 2014 and to my surprise it arrived in Surin 3 weeks later. .A friend waited 8 months in 2013 for the 2,2 auto. Ohhh what a beautiful truck, town, highway or terrain. I looked up Ford Norway, the waiting list for the 3,2 auto is 12 months same same in England. This for anybody complain about long waiting for the auto 2,2 or 3,2 auto down here in Thailand. I paid 1,1 mill Bt witch is a bit over 200 000 Norwegian krona, in Norway the same car stands at 890 000 Nkr. The Ford dealer here in Surin has now this year sold more than 200 of mostly the 2,2 but also quite a few 3,2, and this in a little over three months, with the man pocketing around 200 000 Bt pr sale, this is on happy Chinese. lol

Congratulations and happy Songkran to you! clap2.gif

The 3.2L Ford Wildtracks are the overall PU leaders, IMHO - of course ... BTW, what color is your new PU?

I’ll stay away from the ford 3.2. Looks OK but fuel economy sucks and you will take a beating on the resale…

And a big worry when going for an oil change it seems..............w00t.gif

Oil change is not a problem if it is done at a dealership which one would assume someone with a new vehicle would be doing that to ensure the Ford Warranty.

Always the scaremonger aint ya Tranny. Am surprised you did not suggest to buy an outdated Vigo instead........... any idiot can change the oil on one of them.

• Like 1

I’ll stay away from the ford 3.2. Looks OK but fuel economy sucks and you will take a beating on the resale…

Oil change is not a problem if it is done at a dealership which one would assume someone with a new vehicle would be doing that to ensure the Ford Warranty.

Always the scaremonger aint ya Tranny. Am surprised you did not suggest to buy an outdated Vigo instead........... any idiot can change the oil on one of them.

You have obviously forgotten the heads up warning. sad.png Yeh, you keep using the overpriced main dealer for years to come to ENSURE oil pressure on oil change.....................coffee1.gif

Had our WT 2.2 for just over a year now and no problems what so ever.

Okay only done +10500 km in a year but used almost everyday for school runs.

Still happy enough with the truck, only extras are rear parking sensors and a roller shutter, I am not into fat tires/ big wheels and all that, a waste of money in my opinion and the original ones are just fine.

Sorry the topic was about the 3.2 and would you still be buying one? yes I would, still the best looking truck out there by a far margin and I like the bluetooth the other gizmos and the comfy ride (for a truck).

Yes many 3.2 on the roads now, I would like to try one one day and see how big the difference is compared to the 2.2?

Edited by guzzi850m2

You have obviously forgotten the heads up warning. sad.png Yeh, you keep using the overpriced main dealer for years to come to ENSURE oil pressure on oil change.....................coffee1.gif

What is your problem with me ?

You repeatedly completely mis read what I post and turn it around into an attack onto me.

Get a life please.

• Like 1

You repeatedly completely mis read what I post and turn it around into an attack onto me.

Get a life please.

He is a lost case man, it has to be a Vigooooo or it's crap.

Why don't you just ignore him as I do and consider him the resident Vigo clownwink.png

He is perhaps president for Vigo club Thailandcheesy.gif

Get a life please.

He is a lost case man, it has to be a Vigooooo or it's crap.

Why don't you just ignore him as I do and consider him the resident Vigo clownwink.png

He is perhaps president for Vigo club Thailandcheesy.gif

I will remember your words. smile.png ............thumbsup.gif

Some people buy a vehicle that they enjoy driving and some people buy a Dullota because of a bizarre belief that resale value is the prime purchse criteria.

Ford guarantee competative service costs, and owners have the added bonus of not driving the dullest bunch of cars in the world. If you're happy being a blind sheeple then kudos to you.

Yep Wong Your Right. When i see a Wildcat i expect someone called BUBBA and Son BILLY BOB to get out ,dressed in Dungarees.Or the Guy come to clean the Pool. Bit OTT for many.I find a Low Rider Mistsu ,slghtly blinged looks nicer for younger Folk.To each their own.coffee1.gif

Yep Wong Your Right. When i see a Wildcat i expect someone called BUBBA and Son BILLY BOB to get out ,dressed in Dungarees.Or the Guy come to clean the Pool. Bit OTT for many.I find a Low Rider Mistsu ,slghtly blinged looks nicer for younger Folk.To each their own.coffee1.gif

I will take this instead if / when available here.. http://www.topgear.co.za/news/cummins-set-to-add-some-american-muscle-to-navara-bakkie-range/

Ford guarantee competative service costs, and owners have the added bonus of not driving the dullest bunch of cars in the world. If you're happy being a blind sheeple then kudos to you.

My Ford is definitely not the dullest vehicle I have ever owned. none have managed to raise my stress levels and anger to the heights the Ranger has.

• Like 2

Fair enough, but I hope they have trained their technicians a liitle bit better on the new truck. My mate and I still chuckle about the time we went to Chai Nat Ford and he had a cam belt changed on the old XLT Ranger. When he had to pay he was presented along with the invoice 3 small plastic screws. They could not remember where they came from.

• Like 1

Recon only Clowns buy Fords here knowing their pathetic attitude towards Customers. If you diidnt know that, fair enough.

There are some 'clowns' here,but I don't think they own Fords tongue.png ...and as an exception to your opinion about bad service,I can only say a good things about CM Ford dealer...never had a problem with them....

• Like 1