Would You Still Buy A Ford Wildtrak 3.2 In 2014

Bosscat

The oil change should cause no problem,if done by the professional within the describe time frame (10 min)....

There is not to many Wildtak 3.2's on the roads yet,but they're highly noticeable between all the 'grey' Isuzu's and...the other no-fun trucks...get what you like(!),or what your Thai wife tells you to get... tongue.pngwink.png

Thought the 2.2 and 3.2 looked the same. Are they not ?

I can spot the difference....you probably not... wink.png

What is it. ?

The side markings and....wheels ...biggrin.png

transam, the difference is how much quicker the 3.2 disappears out of your site lol

Would love to have a real drag race with one, l have a strip outside my place.Anyone in Ubon buys a 3.2 let me know if your up for it, good fun.thumbsup.gif

Having had the missfortuna to have driven both. The Chevy Very Cross Prestige 4x4 wins by far imo. Neither have Toyotas Quality though.

Keep taking the medication.

Definitely Will, and You keep up the Acne Cream,the SpottyYoung Mans Friend.biggrin.png .

transam, the difference is how much quicker the 3.2 disappears out of your site lol

Would love to have a real drag race with one, l have a strip outside my place.Anyone in Ubon buys a 3.2 let me know if your up for it, good fun.thumbsup.gif

unchip that thing and I will race you stock :)

unchip that thing and I will race you stock smile.png

Don't know how fast a wildtrak 3.2 is, but I know that a Vigo 3.0 needs to be chipped to even keep up with a Navara 2.5 .

unchip that thing and I will race you stock smile.png

Don't know how fast a wildtrak 3.2 is, but I know that a Vigo 3.0 needs to be chipped to even keep up with a Navara 2.5 .

lol - I have mine Chipped, Lays ripple...

You guys are up for it then thumbsup.gif . Let me know cos I must change my trans fluid shortly..................intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

So you really do take care of your Blue Beauty! What mileage do you plan to change your transmission fluid? Have you installed an after market trans cooler, too?

You guys are up for it then thumbsup.gif . Let me know cos I must change my trans fluid shortly..................intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

So you really do take care of your Blue Beauty! What mileage do you plan to change your transmission fluid? Have you installed an after market trans cooler, too?

No additional cooler. My nose and eyes tell me all about the happiness of an auto trans..thumbsup.gif

No additional cooler. My nose and eyes tell me all about the happiness of an auto trans..thumbsup.gif

How many km do you have on the Blue Beauty and how many km have you driven on your current trans fluid? What brand trans fluid do you use in this climate?

Edited by thailoht

9,000 kms on my 3.2l Wildtrak so far. No problems whatsoever. Waited 9 months from Pattaya Ford. No lag, fast truck, good mileage. 65 litres for 850 kms on the highway. Very comfortable to drive, good air con, and comes standard with dark tinted windows so no one can see in.

Only thing I would change would be to have an option to buy an independent rear suspension and better shocks all around, the same as the Ford Raptor has. Something that gives a bit more confidence off road and less chatter on highway bumps.

3.2 Also has a rear view cam located by the bed handle lever, but you have to look closely....several other options inside the car as well. I didn't know at first that the 2.2 Wildtrak and the 3.2 Wildtrak were not the same.

The camera is in the Ford badge, not next to the handle.

9,000 kms on my 3.2l Wildtrak so far. No problems whatsoever. Waited 9 months from Pattaya Ford. No lag, fast truck, good mileage. 65 litres for 850 kms on the highway. Very comfortable to drive, good air con, and comes standard with dark tinted windows so no one can see in.

Only thing I would change would be to have an option to buy an independent rear suspension and better shocks all around, the same as the Ford Raptor has. Something that gives a bit more confidence off road and less chatter on highway bumps.

They come standard with clear windows. the tint will be aftermarket.

Suspension packages are available to overcome the OEM stuff short comings.

Thx Thailoht and BkkJames. You guys are correct on both accounts. My wife keeps telling me this thing about how only Isuzus and Toyotas have good resale value and how everything else sucks. That can change like the wind in Thailand, just like how I see more Thais buying cars with automatic transmissions these days compared to years.

I saw a brand new white Wildtrak this morning...3.2 L. I was like...WOW! I would have paid for it on the spot, but the dealer told me it was already ordered and paid for by a customer. I was told a one month waiting period, OR..get this...20,000 baht to him and he could have one for me by tomorrow or any day of the week via his associate in Bangkok. Not sure what to think about that. My wife seems to be more concerned about appearance than anything else, particularly when it comes to the Isuzu which in her opinion and mine does look nicer inside. That along with the new Superdaylight model and red-orange chilli paint do make it an eye catcher. Although they are both 4x4, the Isuzu still doesn't look that high off the ground. Anyone else get that impression? I mean when you look and any other make of 4x4 they definitely look like a 4x4.

I'm still interested in this oil changing thing with the Wildtrak. Anyone out there that can elaborate more on this? Also I was quoted 1,109,000 baht for the Wildtrak which includes everything, tax, insurance, etc..

Thaioloht. Here is a link to Sygic: (hope this is okay to link by admin)

http://www.sygic.com/en

The oil change should cause no problem,if done by the professional within the describe time frame (10 min)....

There is not to many Wildtak 3.2's on the roads yet,but they're highly noticeable between all the 'grey' Isuzu's and...the other no-fun trucks...get what you like(!),or what your Thai wife tells you to get... tongue.pngwink.png

As i was when i bought my High Ranger 3 liter in 2007, i also thought i this time i would be alone on the roads in my area, after getting my 2014 Wildtrack 3,2, boy was i wrong. The sale in my area, Surin has exploded, can not drive for a trip to 7-11 without seeing one. Ford has done a killing with this latest models, and it is a long time ago since i was asked by guys nearly on a daily basis, to have a look inside my car, questions about price and so on. Feeling like a rock star lol. As for resale price, i beg to differ, ill give u an answer in about two years when i will be getting the new model 3,2 , hopefully with a lot of new gismos. I also down at Koh Chang had the plesure of trying out the new hill assist system, no pedals, and it works perfect, wanted to take off up into the wilderness right there and then.

Like we see in so many civics around here..

Sent from my LG-P970

Edited by bkkjames

Correct, Civics also come from the factory with clear windows. The tint as per your Ranger is also aftermarket.

Correct, Civics also come from the factory with clear windows. The tint as per your Ranger is also aftermarket.

i mean the aftermarket suspensions from Tein etc :)