Chavalit Denies Being Asked To Join Thai Cabinet

webfact

Chavalit denies being asked to join Cabinet
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh Wednesday denied that he had been approached to join the Yingluck Cabinet, saying he can work for the country without holding any position.

Chavalit held a press conference to respond to speculation that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra would invite him to become a Cabinet member.

Chavalit said he had not received any invitation and insisted he did not want to become a minister.

"I don't want any position. If someone extends an invitation to me, more discussions will be required. Now, the government already has many options," Chavalit said.

He added that the prime minister could appoint ad hoc panels to deal with particular problems without having to appoint him as a Cabinet member.

He said his advice had been sought on certain problems, adding that he had made three suggestions on how to end the southern insurgency.

He said the southern border provinces should be represented with multicoloured flowers to show that Thailand has ethnic and cultural diversity, but its people can live in harmony.

Both the government and the insurgents should compromise by backing down from their current stands, he said.

Chavalit said local people should also be allowed a degree of autonomy via a special metropolitan administration model. Local people should be allowed to determine what form this model would take, he said.

He supported the government's decision to hold talks with the BRN (Barisan Revolusi Nasional) to seek a peaceful solution to the southern violence.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-20

What happened to the peoples army ?

After choking on his cornflakes (or whatever), when reading in the breakfast-papers that he was the leader of the Peoples' Army of Thailand (aka 'Patsies'), he swiftly issued a denial that it was anything to do with him. rolleyes.gif

2013-02-28 But Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has dismissed reports of a plan to have former premier General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh as her adviser on the unrest issues, saying there had been no formal invitation for Chavalit to work with her.

2013-03-20 Former prime minister Chavalit Yongchaiyuth said the Yingluck government is on the right and peaceful path in holding talks with the BRN.

"I don't want any position", "prime minister could appoint ad hoc panels to deal with particular problems". Did he already mention he only wants to serve the people?

2013-02-28 But Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has dismissed reports of a plan to have former premier General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh as her adviser on the unrest issues, saying there had been no formal invitation for Chavalit to work with her.

2013-03-20 Former prime minister Chavalit Yongchaiyuth said the Yingluck government is on the right and peaceful path in holding talks with the BRN.

"I don't want any position", "prime minister could appoint ad hoc panels to deal with particular problems". Did he already mention he only wants to serve the people?

First you throw chum in the waters, then troll for awhile.

Thaksin is lining up his toy soldiers ready for the storm to come............

Meanwhile Chavalit raps

post-46292-0-98943000-1363814462_thumb.j

Yo Yo YO, I am the master debater

I aint no yellow hater

I did the commies amnesty

and I'll do the reds later

My hommies are PTP, the RTP and the RTA

and if them Dem dis me then they will be DOA

post-46292-0-01337700-1363814716_thumb.j Go f$#@% your mother, Go f$#@% your mother

Lets me hear you say HOooooo

post-46292-0-60378800-1363814654_thumb.j HHOOOoooo

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

considering Chavalits role in 1997 perhaps a fall guy is being looked for when the financial effluent hits the fan.

Ideal candidate in reality , likely to fall off of his perch in the near future thus no chance of him being asked nasty questions and having to answer but a wonderful scenario when attaching the blame to matters.

His memory is somewhat erratic, thus of course it would be a case of ''I never said that , did I ?

To think that Sir George Robey was known as the Prime Minister of Mirth, yet we now see the possibility of another contender for that illustrious title.

I larf, I larf, I pee I self. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif